• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2018 at 10:32 AM, DonSal1976 said:

Exactly my point. I didn’t want to know the grades of the books, all I wanted to know is if they had even been graded yet, given they’ve been there 10 months. Absolutely horrible, horrible customer service..and that was from a supervisor. 

So, you are still "angry" with CGC but "cool" with Paradise? 

Some questions:

Did you provide CGC with an invoice number(s)? If no invoice numbers what details did you provide to CGC? What book(s) did you submit? What tier? What date did you submit them to Paradise?

Who was the supervisor you spoke with?  How did you present the information?

Edited by Wall-Crawler

15 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

Exactly my point. I didn’t want to know the grades of the books, all I wanted to know is if they had even been graded yet, given they’ve been there 10 months. Absolutely horrible, horrible customer service..and that was from a supervisor. 

I disagree.  I think the horrible service came from your Lcs who should be keeping each customer abreast.  You’re not the paying customer of Cgc. The LCS technically is.  Cgc has a duty to them, and them to you.

6 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I just forwarded the link to this thread to Jeff the new manager and Peter the owner.  Hopefully they will address the issues brought up here.

Cheers, Howard 

Can't wait for the response 2 years from now. 

I used Paradise comics for many submissions between 2008 and 2014. A year was the longest I had to wait and 6 months was probably the shortest. The longest wait was usually due to a signature series but there was no rhyme or reason to it.

I had been told at one point that the slabs are returned from CGC when there is enough of them to fill a shipping box and they are not sent as individual orders. This saved Paradise on the shipping for which I was still charged a fee on each book. I stopped using their service when some of my books submitted for SS came back blue label (oops! they forgot to get them signed) and others dropped in grade after being signed (too many for it to be an anomaly). I did however have some great success stories and always enjoyed going to the store to speak with Doug and Peter. It was not an LCS for me as it was a 45 minute drive from Oakville without traffic down the 401. I have not been submitting since 2014 and I have not tried Gotham yet but may soon...

I did always get great service from CGC when I contacted them and never called without my order form in hand to make sure the invoice numbers were present. 

The longest I had to wait for a book was almost 2 years. But that was not a CGC book, rather a book called TMNT Odyssey that was done through Indiegogo. That was a long time and I was sure I would never see my money again. I had to pay more to get it delivered in the end...

What can I say, I am Canadian and am in no rush...

43 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

I have no idea why you guys aren't using Carlos at Gotham Central... :makepoint:

Turn your year wait into 2 or 3 months tops.

I'm going to start to. Main reason I used Paradise Comics is because it is easier to get to. I'll probably buy comics from them and CGC at Gotham.

Edited by Spawn1709

54 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

I have no idea why you guys aren't using Carlos at Gotham Central... :makepoint:

Turn your year wait into 2 or 3 months tops.

Does Gotham Central do cons like San Diego?  All of my submissions through Paradise are SS books.  Gotham are not much use if they don’t.

Cheers,  Howard 

2 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Does Gotham Central do cons like San Diego?  All of my submissions through Paradise are SS books.  Gotham are not much use if they don’t.

Cheers,  Howard 

Gotham does lots of big shows nycc fan expo Toronto cinci comic con they go all over. You can get sigs.