• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Iceman399 said:
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, thirdgreenham said:

I think it'd be neat to see you go ballistic. :preach: 

That's the headlining entertainment for Wizard Chicago this year 

Just add alcohol.

Same old story. I got an email from Paradise saying they were calling CGC to get an update.... A week later I sent a message asking what CGC said...a week later no answer. Needless to say just waiting for this fiasco to be over with. I don't want to start up the blame argument again but I hope customers keep posting info about getting or still waiting for their books. This is the only place I can get updates

8 minutes ago, koyama said:

Same old story. I got an email from Paradise saying they were calling CGC to get an update.... A week later I sent a message asking what CGC said...a week later no answer. Needless to say just waiting for this fiasco to be over with. I don't want to start up the blame argument again but I hope customers keep posting info about getting or still waiting for their books. This is the only place I can get updates

So Paradise isn't currently keeping you updated with the status of your books or explaining the problem.  Suggests that this problem is entirely on them and they've either still not ironed out their customer service issues or they're withholding information.  Posting a boilerplate statement here about addressing some customer service issues while  ignoring specifics and inquires from concerned customers doesn't reflect well on Paradise comics.

I'd suggest you send them another email and again ask about the status of your books and ask when they were submitted to the CGC.  Also wouldn't hurt if you reviewed them on facebook and yelp and in general got this information out there.  Turn up the heat.

13 hours ago, koyama said:

I'm not sure why you're waiting so long in between e-mails.  The best thing to do is visit the store and have them check on the status of your books in front of you (which is something they are fully capable of).  Short of that, you should be CALLING them, speaking with a person, and getting an update.  Seriously...getting an update on your books should take less than 3 minutes. 

If you insist on sticking with only e-mails, e-mail them several times a day.  At this point, you can be a pest about the situation and no one here would blame you. 

The laid back approach may work eventually, but if you really want your books back, you should be a little more proactive.  Remember, you are THEIR customer.  You paid them for a service and they have yet to hold up their end of the deal.  Don't forget that.

31 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I'm not sure why you're waiting so long in between e-mails.  The best thing to do is visit the store and have them check on the status of your books in front of you (which is something they are fully capable of). 

<snip>

The laid back approach may work eventually, but if you really want your books back, you should be a little more proactive.  Remember, you are THEIR customer.  You paid them for a service and they have yet to hold up their end of the deal.  Don't forget that.

Remember, they are Canadians.  They would never be so rude

9 minutes ago, SteppinRazor said:

Remember, they are Canadians.  They would never be so rude

You are so right.  :blush:

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'm not sure why you're waiting so long in between e-mails.  The best thing to do is visit the store and have them check on the status of your books in front of you (which is something they are fully capable of).  Short of that, you should be CALLING them, speaking with a person, and getting an update.  Seriously...getting an update on your books should take less than 3 minutes. 

If you insist on sticking with only e-mails, e-mail them several times a day.  At this point, you can be a pest about the situation and no one here would blame you. 

Perhaps customers could do odd jobs at the store for updates to their CGC books status? :banana:

21 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

I'm going to send an email to Paradise comics right now. I'll let you all know what they say. 

How long have you been waiting? 

I would just call the store tonight or Saturday with your invoice number if you have it and say "I have been waiting for my books for a very long time. This is my invoice number. Can you look up where my book(s) are at please"?

With an email you will likely respond with the the "we'll get back to you soon" or some other "line".

23 hours ago, mackenzie999 said:

You really need to be the squeakiest wheel ever on this, the whole situation is completely ridiculous.

Make them desperate to get you off their backs.

Yeah, I agree with you on this.  I would also call CGC as much as possible. When I had a problem with Fed Ex, I called ComicLink and they put pressure on the situation as well. Paradise Comics, if it demonstrates a pattern of inexplicable handling of customer orders, could lose it's status as a submitter with CGC.  Paradise is actually doing the CGC business model harm through its actions because present and future customers are left wondering if the shortcomings extend from issues with Paradise OR CGC. 

Apply pressure from any and all angles. You can't be any worse off, and one method might just get you your books back. 

I also have been waiting for a year. I’m in to Paradise on a fairly regular basis and Jeff does try his best. However I can only assume that he has ZERO control over the CGC account nor any access to it since it belongs to the old owner. Kristina is apparently his wife and has been terrible at answering emails. She is also inaccessible so going into the store does nothing and she can’t be reached by phone. I’ve tried to deal with CGC as well but the absolute most I’ve ever gotten from them is “we have them” but we’re telling you nothing, deal with your local store. I’ve been hammering this from both ends but am getting nowhere.

Regular submissions with the CGC booth are fine so I don’t know what the problem is.