• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

So you waited a year for a green label? doh!

:cry:  eesh.

also - I didn’t realize Doug wasn’t working at Paradise anymore.  I haven’t been to the shop in probably 10+ years but he was fantastic.

I also have two books outstanding from Paradise for almost a year now.  Also have two shipments from San Diego CC outstanding.  Doug left last July and I don’t know about the new Manager.  His name is Jeff.  I have never waited on books this long before from Paradise.  All of them were fast tracked.  Very disappointed in the service level.  I may try Gotham on my next shipment.

Cheers, Howard 

18 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

I also have two books outstanding from Paradise for almost a year now.  Also have two shipments from San Diego CC outstanding.  Doug left last July and I don’t know about the new Manager.  His name is Jeff.  I have never waited on books this long before from Paradise.  All of them were fast tracked.  Very disappointed in the service level.  I may try Gotham on my next shipment.

Cheers, Howard 

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully we will get our books soon. I think the customer service took a bit of a hit once Doug left. I was missing books from my file almost on a weekly basis. That is the main reason I switched shops to Cyber City Comix.

21 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Cheers, Howard 

Why don't you just submit yourself?

I've found my fellow sufferers! I'm also waiting on two books from Paradise. They were submitted 10 months ago. I drop in every other week to get an update but it's always the same story, "we're expecting a shipment soon". The new manager Jeff is a nice enough guy. He seems to be doing the best he can but something definitely got screwed up when management switched over. If you guys are at a year, I guess I have a few more months to wait ?

3 minutes ago, koyama said:

I've found my fellow sufferers! I'm also waiting on two books from Paradise. They were submitted 10 months ago. I drop in every other week to get an update but it's always the same story, "we're expecting a shipment soon". The new manager Jeff is a nice enough guy. He seems to be doing the best he can but something definitely got screwed up when management switched over. If you guys are at a year, I guess I have a few more months to wait ?

That's sad to hear, but others seem to have reached out to cgc and got feedback, perhaps there is hope that you can find out where they Are? :foryou:

Oh and welcome to the boards! Stick around and kick back ;)

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's sad to hear, but others seem to have reached out to cgc and got feedback, perhaps there is hope that you can find out where they Are? :foryou:

Oh and welcome to the boards! Stick around and kick back ;)

Thanks for the welcome. I've called cgc several times but they're not able to give me any information because the account is listed under the owner of Paradise, who is next to impossible to reach. The new manager is therefor the middle man that I bother whenever I'm in the neighborhood. The struggle is real

18 minutes ago, koyama said:

I kept getting that excuse as well. Time to put some pressure on them I think. 

Just now, koyama said:

Thanks for the welcome. I've called cgc several times but they're not able to give me any information because the account is listed under the owner of Paradise, who is next to impossible to reach. The new manager is therefor the middle man that I bother whenever I'm in the neighborhood. The struggle is real

I emailed them with my complaints with Paradise Comics and they emailed me a .pdf file for my now graded book. Maybe they will do the same for you?

2 minutes ago, Brandon191 said:

I emailed them with my complaints with Paradise Comics and they emailed me a .pdf file for my now graded book. Maybe they will do the same for you?

That's good to know. I'll give them a call again. Thanks! and thank you cgc boards!!! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one waiting a year for their books.

"Misery loves company" -  Sophocles ?

6 minutes ago, koyama said:

That's good to know. I'll give them a call again. Thanks! and thank you cgc boards!!! I'm happy to know I'm not the only one waiting a year for their books.

"Misery loves company" -  Sophocles ?

I also emailed Kristina at kristina@paradisecomics.com with my complaints. Maybe on her end she worked something out with CGC so they could email me the information?

32 minutes ago, Brandon191 said:

I also emailed Kristina at kristina@paradisecomics.com with my complaints. Maybe on her end she worked something out with CGC so they could email me the information?

Sorry you're having these problems.  A year is way too long.  I'd suggest that at some point you go on Facebook or Yelp or whatever and post your problems as a warning to others contemplating Paradise's services. 

23 hours ago, koyama said:

They have an application process after which they authorize a dealer to take submissions, but then won't help you if you submit that way?  :taptaptap:

Apparently there are a lot of people going through the same thing. It’s not an isolated incident, all I hear at every single con I go to in Toronto are people discussing how long they’ve been waiting. Personally I’ve been waiting 9 months for 3 books, 8 months for 6 books, 7 months for 3 books and 6 months for another 4 books, all sent in through paradise comics, a couple of them were rush. I do not know whether this is something that is affecting only them or also other comic shops in the Toronto area. Wouldn’t the blame lie with CGC themselves? 6 months to over a year to return books would mean they need to hire more graders to speed up their turnaround times. All I know is that I’ve decided not to submit anything else to CGC until they can show they’ve completely fixed their obvious turnaround issues. 

3 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

Apparently there are a lot of people going through the same thing. It’s not an isolated incident, all I hear at every single con I go to in Toronto are people discussing how long they’ve been waiting. Personally I’ve been waiting 9 months for 3 books, 8 months for 6 books, 7 months for 3 books and 6 months for another 4 books, all sent in through paradise comics, a couple of them were rush. I do not know whether this is something that is affecting only them or also other comic shops in the Toronto area. Wouldn’t the blame lie with CGC themselves? 6 months to over a year to return books would mean they need to hire more graders to speed up their turnaround times. All I know is that I’ve decided not to submit anything else to CGC until they can show they’ve completely fixed their obvious turnaround issues. 

Whenever I go into Gotham Central, I ask the owner how his submissions are going and he's still averaging four months or so. Not sure what's going on. ?

6 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

They don't take that long.

Sounds like something else is going on. I would assume the books were not submitted when you thought they were.