• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

They don't take that long.

Sounds like something else is going on. I would assume the books were not submitted when you thought they were.

No that shouldt be the problem. When we bring books in we specifically ask when the batch will be sent in and we are told the exact date. From what I understand it’s not a paradise issue it’s strictly delays on CGCs end. 

Edited by DonSal1976

25 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

No that shouldt be the problem. When we bring books in we specifically ask when the batch will be sent in and we are told the exact date. From what I understand it’s not a paradise issue it’s strictly delays on CGCs end. 

There is a thread here about cgc turnaround times..... I assure you because it is updated by people often that it takes no where near a year....I've heard 6 months at the longest due to CCS pressing and the value tier....so this all sounds out of whack, anyway hope you get some answers and don't harbor bad feelings against cgc in the end. 

I guess we are missing a lot of those personal details....:foryou: like if they were submitted for pressing, but then your problem is with CCS not CGC. We also don't know what tier, but have heard that 6 months was the longest for the "value tier".........which in and of itself is O.o 

1 hour ago, DonSal1976 said:

Again, I understand that's what you're being told, but that may not be what is happening.

18 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

I agree with what others have said.  It's possible the problem is with CGC, but given the information, I'd say it's unlikely.  Go to the shop and get your invoice numbers.  Ask them to see the screen (or at least get a printout) of active invoices...they'll all be dated with their "received on" date.  See if that date lines up with what you've been told by the shop.  If it does, call CGC with your invoice numbers and ask what the issue is. 

And check out the "turnaround times" thread.  It'll give you a solid idea of what realistic turnaround times are. 

I would think it would be obvious by now, but there is no freaking way that this shop subbed the books and they sat with CGC for a year.  ygogolak is correct.  Ask to see the invoice where your book(s) was subbed and the date where it was verified by CGC.  That will tell you when the books actually got to CGC (if at all yet).  Now compare that date to when you were told they were being mailed to CGC. 

Something smells rotten.  It's likely just bad customer service, but I would go ballistic if someone had my books for a year. 

On 1/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, gcstomp said:

Canadians certainly are more patient than I can wrap my head around.  How long are you willing to wait for a pizza delivery?  Yes, 1 year is absurd, but it is also amazing this is your local lcs and you havent been a physical reminder with your boots in shop long ago.

I do not believe that my past actions in situations like this would allow me to say that I would react 'nicely' in a situation like this. 

I submitted one book to Paradise Comics in August, one in September, and one in October. I went in to Paradise Comics and asked when the books would be back. They said to try again in March. 

This is probably the last time I send a comic to CGC through Paradise Comics. Great store, terrible turnaround times for submitting books.

Edited by Spawn1709

43 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

I submitted one book to Paradise Comics in August, one in September, and one in October. I went in to Paradise Comics and asked when the books would be back. They said to try again in March. 

This is probably the last time I send a comic to CGC through Paradise Comics. Great store, terrible turnaround times for submitting books.

Did they require any payment upfront? 

I have not heard of Paradise Comics.  I see that they are located in Toronto, but when I visit their FB page and click their web link, I get the message that "this account has been suspended". I'm not sure that I have seen that before. 

Edited by Ron C.

Hi everyone, first time poster here! You can add me to the long list of people waiting for their CGC submissions from Paradise Comics for almost a full year now. I paid up front not knowing what a mess this was going to be . No updates from them, no apologies for the ridiculous delays, they just blame it on CGC. I'm confident we'll all be getting our books back, but the owner & employees need to start being up front about the delays instead of continuing to claim a 3 month turnaround. Really starting to look really shady on their end

I’m starting to wonder if Paradise is going out of business.  A year ago they spent a small fortune renovating their store.  I see their website has been suspended.  Not a good sign.  I will go in tomorrow and see what’s going on.  Will update you on what I find.

Cheers, Howard 

1 hour ago, Zevgoli said:

I’m starting to wonder if Paradise is going out of business.  A year ago they spent a small fortune renovating their store.  I see their website has been suspended.  Not a good sign.  I will go in tomorrow and see what’s going on.  Will update you on what I find.

Cheers, Howard 

Thanks Howard, that's great. I have a theory: could it be that Paradise is several months late paying CGC money owed for these large orders of books - resulting in CGC waiting for payment before processing? Or do stores have to pay upfront like the rest of us? I guess I'm asking if we helped pay for the renovations lol