• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Brandon191 said:

I saw on one of their Instagram posts someone brought up that the website was down. They said they are redesigning it to be more interactive. 

I've lost track over the years how many comic shops I've seen advertise that their website was coming soon or under construction or being rebooted. Has to be close to 100. How many have actually delivered on their promise has to be in the single digits.

17 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I’m starting to wonder if Paradise is going out of business.  A year ago they spent a small fortune renovating their store.  I see their website has been suspended.  Not a good sign.  I will go in tomorrow and see what’s going on.  Will update you on what I find.

Cheers, Howard 

Finally! After 10 days of complaining, one of you Canadidians is actually going to go to Paradise and get to the bottom of this! xD

Ok.  So I’m back from Paradise.  The first bit of good news was the front door was open.  Yes they are in business.  The second bit of good news was a couple of my books(out of 18) were actually in for pickup.  A positive sign.  The website they say is being redesigned and no they are not going out of business.  Also the delays are at CGCs end not theirs.  Not sure whether to believe that or not but anyway I got some books back which makes me feel a bit better.  I will keep the pressure on.

Cheers, Howard 

On 2018-02-02 at 2:58 PM, darkstar said:

Did they require any payment upfront? 

Yeah, I had to pay the entire cost. Pay for CGC and shipping, and then you have to pay again when you get the comic back (shipping from CGC back to the store). 

Edited by Spawn1709

3 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Yeah, I had to pay the entire cost. Pay for CGC and shipping, and then you have to pay again when you get the comic back (shipping from CGC back to the store). 

Yeah you got screwed. You gave them a free loan and they passed the buck to CGC to take the blame. 

Have only dealt with paradise comics while Doug was the manager and he was great. Had a book (Action 252) reholdered and it took about 3-4 weeks from the time it left my hand. Also did a CGC submission and SS with Stan Lee through them and again no problems - it took about 3-4 months. Both of these were a year or so ago and again while Doug was the manager (sad that he retired - but good for him). 

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

Yeah you got screwed. You gave them a free loan and they passed the buck to CGC to take the blame. 

As long as I get my books back eventually, I'll be fine. I've learnt my mistake and will not use them for CGC.

Sent CGC all my invoice numbers from paradise comics. They are looking into it. I paid extra for a comic to rush it...it was submitted to them in July. What do you guys think, did I get my moneys worth waiting 6 months (and counting) for a paid “rushed” book?

1 hour ago, DonSal1976 said:

Sent CGC all my invoice numbers from paradise comics. They are looking into it. I paid extra for a comic to rush it...it was submitted to them in July. What do you guys think, did I get my moneys worth waiting 6 months (and counting) for a paid “rushed” book?

Let us know what happens. I'd be interested to see whats taking all of our books so long to get graded.

6 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Let us know what happens. I'd be interested to see whats taking all of our books so long to get graded.

When SIX random customers from the same shop pop into the same thread (that doesn't even have the name of the shop in the thread title to draw in the customers) to complain about how long it is taking their books to be graded by CGC, it should be pretty clear to you what is going on and the fault clearly doesn't lie with CGC. 

3 minutes ago, darkstar said:

When SIX random customers from the same shop pop into the same thread (that doesn't even have the name of the shop in the thread title to draw in the customers) to complain about how long it is taking their books to be graded by CGC, it should be pretty clear to you what is going on and the fault clearly doesn't lie with CGC. 

Good point. 

16 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Got an email back from CGC telling me that because it’s all under paradise comics account they cannot help me and I would have to contact them. Just called paradise and gave them all my invoice numbers. They said they will get back to me on the status of my books. So far CGCs customer service is non-existent  . I can understand not being able to give out info because of an account that isn’t mine, but not one word in the email answering my question as to why it’s taken 6-10 months. Gonna wait on more info from paradise and then move on to a strongly worded phone conversation with someone from their offices. As far as I’m concerned not honouring a rush order for more money is pretty much fraudulent. 

Edited by DonSal1976

Is anyone in here in contact with an administrator or any employee of the company so that we get any kind of actual clarification about all this directly from a representative?A statement from them regarding whether or not there is a 6-12 month delay would be very helpful, given that this is their business and their reputation. Anyone???

Folks - I had book sent in for SS Fast Track at the end of November 2017.  I got it back in the middle of January 2018.  As per others - there is a CGC turnaround times thread but if you’re subbing (no pressing) books CGC is taking 6-8 weeks.  Longer than that - it’s not a CGC problem.

So I think it's safe to say this is a fault on Paradise Comics and NOT on CGC. The only question is why is it taking so long?

20 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Got an email back from CGC telling me that because it’s all under paradise comics account they cannot help me and I would have to contact them. Just called paradise and gave them all my invoice numbers. They said they will get back to me on the status of my books. So far CGCs customer service is non-existent  . I can understand not being able to give out info because of an account that isn’t mine, but not one word in the email answering my question as to why it’s taken 6-10 months. Gonna wait on more info from paradise and then move on to a strongly worded phone conversation with someone from their offices. As far as I’m concerned not honouring a rush order for more money is pretty much fraudulent. 

Let us know what happens. 

5 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Is anyone in here in contact with an administrator or any employee of the company so that we get any kind of actual clarification about all this directly from a representative?A statement from them regarding whether or not there is a 6-12 month delay would be very helpful, given that this is their business and their reputation. Anyone???

When every person who’s not submitting books through Paradise has no problems with delays it’s got nothing to do with CGC.  Trust me - if CGC was taking 12 months to grade books this board would be exploding with complaints from all over the globe!

Keep hammering away at Paradise and then next time either open your own account or find another store to submit through.  CGC is far from perfect (FAR!) but in this scenario all posted evidence indicates it’s not them.

37 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Well if you now have the "invoice numbers" then you should be able to call CGC back and track your books, I would guess.....

This is not a CGC problem.  Paradise is just passing the buck. Something has gone wrong since Doug left.

It took me months of asking (and either being ignored or getting the run around with the "we are expecting a CGC shipment soon") and finally following up with CGC to get my books returned to me. Example: 6 months for a basic reholder and it would have been longer had CGC not looked into it directly.

When I first got into CGC, I use to sub a lot through Paradise, then got my own account so only used them for CGC SS and every once in awhile when I was in the city.  I won't be using them for anything CGC related anymore. 

Edited by Wall-Crawler