• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DonSal1976 said:

Gonna wait on more info from paradise and then move on to a strongly worded phone conversation with someone from their offices. As far as I’m concerned not honouring a rush order for more money is pretty much fraudulent. 

Did you read my post above? This isn't a CGC issue. This is a Paradise Comics issue. Why are you waiting for more info? THEY STOLE YOUR MONEY AND BOOKS. Its possible they haven't even sent your books in for grading yet. They are giving you the runaround in the hopes that you go away and forget about it. You need to go there in person and demand answers and threaten law enforcement and/or legal action if your problem is not solved. 

38 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

This is not a CGC problem.  Paradise is just passing the buck. Something has gone wrong since Doug left.

It took me months of asking (and either being ignored or getting the run around with the "we are expecting a CGC shipment soon") and finally following up with CGC to get my books returned to me. Example: 6 months for a basic reholder and it would have been longer had CGC not looked into it directly.

When I first got into CGC, I use to sub a lot through Paradise, then got my own account so only used them for CGC SS and every once in awhile when I was in the city.  I won't be using them for anything CGC related anymore. 

Ditto. Next time I submit, it won't be through them. I'm debating not even buying books off of them. This is getting ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Did you read my post above? This isn't a CGC issue. This is a Paradise Comics issue. Why are you waiting for more info? THEY STOLE YOUR MONEY AND BOOKS. Its possible they haven't even sent your books in for grading yet. They are giving you the runaround in the hopes that you go away and forget about it. You need to go there in person and demand answers and threaten law enforcement and/or legal action if your problem is not solved. 

Ok everyone, my update. To start with, nobody is stealing or robbing or closing or anything like that. Drama needs to stop. There have been some issues which are currently being resolved by a wonderful staff at paradise comics as we speak and hopefully everyone will receive their late books in the near future. The people at paradise,especially Kristina, are working tirelessly to fix any issues that were slowing down the process of submissions. There were some issues (yes paradises fault) regarding organization which have been seemingly resolved. They are very determined to help customers and solve any outstanding book issues. Thank you to them, we are all human and mistakes will be made but your positive attitude in trying to right the wrongs explain why your awesome comic shop has survived as long as it has. Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff. That strongly, strongly leads me to have issues regarding the legitimacy of CGCs turnaround times. I spoke to 2 separate employees at CGC and was told that they could not help me in any way whatsoever except to give me the shop owners contact info. They just repeated that there was zero time delay on their end and that all books (modern) only take 4-5 weeks. Sorry, but 2 plus 2 does not equal 3. I have a strong suspicion that they are processing books out of order but of course they will not admit that and I have no proof. Either way, the fact that the books I sent in in April are still not back are in no way 100% paradises fault. There is some blame to go to CGC whether they choose to admit it or not. The one thing that I will be taking away from this entire scenario is that while I begged and begged CGC to help resolve the issue they repeatedly (not maliciously) refused to help. I’m sorry, but for a multi-multi million dollars company to list off a contact email and say there is nothing more they can do for me is quite disheartening. Hopefully this helps anyone out there waiting on books. You should all hopefully be getting them back sooner than later. 

2 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

They just repeated that there was zero time delay on their end and that all books (modern) only take 4-5 weeks.

Interesting. I have been waiting since September for my modern books. Anyways, hopefully this problem gets resolved as soon as possible. Thanks again for this update! 

So their website address returns "This Account has been suspended."

My recollection of other website upgrades returns something more like "Website under construction", or similar.

When you talk to them, I doubt very much they will say "we suck."

They will give you the story you got.

I am still thinking at least 90% of the blame should be on Paradise.

Edited by icefires
r

4 minutes ago, icefires said:

My recollection of other website upgrades returns something more like "Website under construction", or similar.

When you talk them, I doubt very much they will say "we suck."

Main reason for website suspension is due to lack of payment. Something seems off with Paradise Comics. 

4 minutes ago, icefires said:

When you talk them, I doubt very much they will say "we suck."

Actually they did take the blame for many of the issues, kudos to them. They are human, and they are hard at work trying to fix everything. CGC in your opinion may be only 10% to blame, but they seem to be taking 0% of the responsibility. I know which company I would prefer to deal with. 

12 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Ok everyone, my update. To start with, nobody is stealing or robbing or closing or anything like that. Drama needs to stop. There have been some issues which are currently being resolved by a wonderful staff at paradise comics as we speak and hopefully everyone will receive their late books in the near future. The people at paradise,especially Kristina, are working tirelessly to fix any issues that were slowing down the process of submissions. There were some issues (yes paradises fault) regarding organization which have been seemingly resolved. They are very determined to help customers and solve any outstanding book issues. Thank you to them, we are all human and mistakes will be made but your positive attitude in trying to right the wrongs explain why your awesome comic shop has survived as long as it has. Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff. That strongly, strongly leads me to have issues regarding the legitimacy of CGCs turnaround times. I spoke to 2 separate employees at CGC and was told that they could not help me in any way whatsoever except to give me the shop owners contact info. They just repeated that there was zero time delay on their end and that all books (modern) only take 4-5 weeks. Sorry, but 2 plus 2 does not equal 3. I have a strong suspicion that they are processing books out of order but of course they will not admit that and I have no proof. Either way, the fact that the books I sent in in April are still not back are in no way 100% paradises fault. There is some blame to go to CGC whether they choose to admit it or not. The one thing that I will be taking away from this entire scenario is that while I begged and begged CGC to help resolve the issue they repeatedly (not maliciously) refused to help. I’m sorry, but for a multi-multi million dollars company to list off a contact email and say there is nothing more they can do for me is quite disheartening. Hopefully this helps anyone out there waiting on books. You should all hopefully be getting them back sooner than later. 

I agree with the statement that they are "not stealing books" or "closing" but you just drank the Paradise Kool-Aid. 

Awesome customer service?  Ignoring my messages, passing the buck and flat out not getting back to me over a period of months and only getting something concrete when contacting PayPal?  I don't know who you are speaking with at CGC, but CGC took care of this for me, not Paradise.

What about the fact that I subbed books on my own LATER than the ones I dropped off a Paradise and had them months sooner? A delay is to be expected with bulk shipments but not to the degree many have experienced here and there have been several posts about the problems with Paradise on FB Groups as well.

You are right. 2 + 2 does not equal 3.

7 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Actually they did take the blame for many of the issues, kudos to them. They are human, and they are hard at work trying to fix everything. CGC in your opinion may be only 10% to blame, but they seem to be taking 0% of the responsibility. I know which company I would prefer to deal with. 

Me too. CGC for sure!   :headbang:

Edited by icefires
r

4 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I agree with the statement that they are "not stealing books" or "closing" but you just drank the Paradise Kool-Aid. 

Awesome customer service?  Ignoring my messages, passing the buck and flat out not getting back to me over a period of months and only getting something concrete when contacting PayPal?  I don't know who you are speaking with at CGC, but CGC took care of this for me, not Paradise.

What about the fact that I subbed books on my own LATER than the ones I dropped off a Paradise and had them months sooner? A delay is to be expected with bulk shipments but not to the degree many have experienced here and there have been several posts about the problems with Paradise on FB Groups as well.

You are right. 2 + 2 does not equal 3.

Submitting books to be graded through a facilitator, along with paying in advance, over a year ago and receiving neither the graded books nor the books and a refund for services not rendered is theft. 

35 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

You are brain dead. 

6 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Submitting books to be graded through a facilitator, along with paying in advance, over a year ago and receiving neither the graded books nor the books and a refund for services not rendered is theft. 

I guess I don't personally classify it as "theft" per se but it sure as heck ain't right!

1 hour ago, DonSal1976 said:

But a year is still way to long. A couple months delay is understandable, but a year is just ridiculous. 

One mass email from Paradise Comics to their customers honestly explaining the situation - and this thread wouldn't even exist. I guess they thought nobody would question them, pretty arrogant of the owner (Peter).

@DonSal1976 - guy most of what you're saying doesn't make any sense.  It doesn't look like  you've read any of the posts where members offered you some advice on what course of action to take.

(1) If you have invoice #s - CGC will tell you (a) what books are on the invoice (b) the full status of the books.  Including when they arrived.

(2) CGC's posted turn around times are accurate to within a couple of days.  Not months or years.  Refer to point #1 - they will tell you the status of all books on the invoice.

(3) Based on commentary on the store's website being offline and months and months of run around - CGC will hold books if a store has not paid/kept their account in order.  Again, point #1 - CGC will tell you that books are graded and waiting to ship but have not been paid for.

If you're fine with waiting a year for something that generally takes 6-8 weeks, great.  Don't show up here and talk a bunch of nonsense, ignore everything everyone tells you (including some folks who've submitted tens of thousands of books) and then pontificate that your great local shop has handled the problem when you don't even have the books back yet!!

23 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

Ok everyone, my update. To start with, nobody is stealing or robbing or closing or anything like that. Drama needs to stop. There have been some issues which are currently being resolved by a wonderful staff at paradise comics as we speak and hopefully everyone will receive their late books in the near future. The people at paradise, especially Kristina, are working tirelessly to fix any issues that were slowing down the process of submissions. There were some issues (yes paradises fault) regarding organization which have been seemingly resolved. They are very determined to help customers and solve any outstanding book issues. Thank you to them, we are all human and mistakes will be made but your positive attitude in trying to right the wrongs explain why your awesome comic shop has survived as long as it has. Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff. That strongly, strongly leads me to have issues regarding the legitimacy of CGCs turnaround times. I spoke to 2 separate employees at CGC and was told that they could not help me in any way whatsoever except to give me the shop owners contact info. They just repeated that there was zero time delay on their end and that all books (modern) only take 4-5 weeks. Sorry, but 2 plus 2 does not equal 3. I have a strong suspicion that they are processing books out of order but of course they will not admit that and I have no proof. Either way, the fact that the books I sent in in April are still not back are in no way 100% paradises fault. There is some blame to go to CGC whether they choose to admit it or not. The one thing that I will be taking away from this entire scenario is that while I begged and begged CGC to help resolve the issue they repeatedly (not maliciously) refused to help. I’m sorry, but for a multi-multi million dollars company to list off a contact email and say there is nothing more they can do for me is quite disheartening. Hopefully this helps anyone out there waiting on books. You should all hopefully be getting them back sooner than later. 

Why would you expect CGC, or any company for that matter, to give you information about an order that's technically not yours? They may be your books, but if they were submitted by Paradise Comics, then it's their order, not yours. The CGC reps are right not to divulge any information and to tell you to contact the comic shop. It's no different than if you were asking about the order of another person -- it's none of your business.  I'd be extremely concerned if any random stranger could just call up and get information about any order they wanted to.

When you talked to the store (Kristina), why not ask her to call CGC and find out? Better yet, have her conference the 3 of you and you can hear for yourself, all from the comfort of your own home.

Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff.

Frankly, you are a fool if you believe that.  The only way that can be true is if Paradise did submit the books that month, but did not pay to have them graded.  Otherwise, you are a sucker for falling for their story. 

8 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff.

Frankly, you are a fool if you believe that.  The only way that can be true is if Paradise did submit the books that month, but did not pay to have them graded.  Otherwise, you are a sucker for falling for their story. 

There is a chance that technically some/most/all of the books were submitted at the appropriate time, but PAYMENT was not submitted at the appropriate time and/or paperwork was not correctly filled out, resulting in delays.  in order to believe that Paradise Comics was not at fault, I'd need to see an audit trail of documents FROM CGC sent to Paradise about receipt and payment dates.  Additionally, it sounds like one of the people went in to ask and his books were MAGICALLY THERE, but he'd not received notice of that fact, despite the fact that he'd been trying to contact them about it.  Any explanation on that?

People should certainly be refunded for their fast track payments if those were made.  But if they really cared, they'd personally call EACH person with an outstanding CGC book that submitted through them.