• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, roach04 said:

(3) Based on commentary on the store's website being offline and months and months of run around - CGC will hold books if a store has not paid/kept their account in order.  Again, point #1 - CGC will tell you that books are graded and waiting to ship but have not been paid for.

I think you nailed it with this, it would explain all the delays. 

Edited by J-Bird
Missing the quote

18 minutes ago, Transplant said:
23 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff.

Frankly, you are a fool if you believe that.  The only way that can be true is if Paradise did submit the books that month, but did not pay to have them graded.  Otherwise, you are a sucker for falling for their story. 

:popcorn:

All I know is that I have been dealing with Paradise for years with thousands of dollars in SS books.  I have never seen such long delays previously in getting my books back.  I think they are in financial trouble and I just pray that I can get my books back before  their doors close.  As I mentioned before they spent a small fortune on store renovations by adding square feet to the back of the store.  It’s tripled in size as a result.  That takes a lot of sales to recoup those expenditures.  I just don’t think they have seen that happen.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:30 PM, DonSal1976 said:

The one thing that I will be taking away from this entire scenario is that while I begged and begged CGC to help resolve the issue they repeatedly (not maliciously) refused to help. I’m sorry, but for a multi-multi million dollars company to list off a contact email and say there is nothing more they can do for me is quite disheartening. Hopefully this helps anyone out there waiting on books. You should all hopefully be getting them back sooner than later. 

No  responsible company will  provide detailed information to someone on the phone who can't prove who they are and can't prove they have a right to that information.  The only resolution I could imagine is CGC calling Paradise on your behalf.

As for the rest of your post, clearly the delay problem resides with Paradise Comics.  They're the only submitter we're hearing about delays and we're hearing many complaints.  I'd suggest the change of manager and perhaps the store renovation are factors in this delay.  Staff may be wonderful and may be fixing these issues but clearly Paradise Comics is responsible for these delays.

I think in order for this to be resolved, one would have to go into Paradise Comics and ask them to call CGC and see what is happening. If I don't get my books back by March, then I am going to go in and get them back, one way or another. 

22 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

I think in order for this to be resolved, one would have to go into Paradise Comics and ask them to call CGC and see what is happening. If I don't get my books back by March, then I am going to go in and get them back, one way or another. 

:sumo:

I understand giving your comic to someone and giving them $$$ to have it signed by someone you can't travel to meet but what is the deal with dropping your books off at a store to then send to CGC?

How much are they charging for this?

52 minutes ago, Alf Pogs said:

I understand giving your comic to someone and giving them $$$ to have it signed by someone you can't travel to meet but what is the deal with dropping your books off at a store to then send to CGC?

How much are they charging for this?

They charge the cgc rate. Plus shipping. Keep in mind it is a bit more due to the weak Canadian dollar. 

On 2/5/2018 at 9:32 AM, darkstar said:

When SIX random customers from the same shop pop into the same thread (that doesn't even have the name of the shop in the thread title to draw in the customers) to complain about how long it is taking their books to be graded by CGC, it should be pretty clear to you what is going on and the fault clearly doesn't lie with CGC. 

You make a very valid point. 

I find this thread fascinating. If I were in the position of wondering where my books where after a year, I would immediately call the store, get the invoice numbers and call CGC to find out the status of the books. That information would determine my next move. Waiting even longer for things to hopefully sort out seems patently bizarre.

25 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I find this thread fascinating. If I were in the position of wondering where my books where after a year, I would immediately call the store, get the invoice numbers and call CGC to find out the status of the books. That information would determine my next move. Waiting even longer for things to hopefully sort out seems patently Canadian.

Changed that for you.