• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DonSal1976 said:

I think I’ve now repeated myself multiple times, I believe that CGC is “partially” at fault in this whole situation, not fully..please learn to read if you are going to post. Paradise comics has answered any questions I had for them, CGC has not. Your opinions are just that, yours. Everyone else on here is free to express theirs, as am I. If you don’t want to listen to my comments then by all means, please skip them. My issue for the final time is how CGC has handled my customer complaints and this entire situation.  ??

And I think we have answered your question multiple times as to why CGC was not helpful. From their point of view, you are not the customer, Paradise is. Next time, submit your books directly to CGC yourself to avoid these kind of situations. Also, my opinion seems to be shared by the majority here.  I understand your frustration on waiting a year to get your books. You came here to complain. We responded. I am sorry you cannot understand all this.

6 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Ever think another reason, on top of what @Turtle @Transplant and others have said,  is because CGC doesn't want to throw Paradise under the bus (shrug)

Bottom line, Paradise knew they had many customers waiting on overdue books.  Why didn't Paradise simply post a notice on their Facebook Page and/or also post a notice in store that they were going through a transition phase and there would be a delay with them processing customers books with CGC but they were working through it? I think most customers would have understood and been pretty forgiving.

The delay is a problem for sure, but to me, the real problem is with how Paradise chose to handle the situation. Paradise not offering any concrete information about the status of their customers books, sometimes after repeated inquiries,  only compounded the problem and is the real issue.  

2c

Interesting point. I'm not sure I know what the real issue is anymore. (shrug)

On 2/5/2018 at 1:30 PM, DonSal1976 said:

Ok everyone, my update. To start with, nobody is stealing or robbing or closing or anything like that. Drama needs to stop. There have been some issues which are currently being resolved by a wonderful staff at paradise comics as we speak and hopefully everyone will receive their late books in the near future. The people at paradise,especially Kristina, are working tirelessly to fix any issues that were slowing down the process of submissions. There were some issues (yes paradises fault) regarding organization which have been seemingly resolved. They are very determined to help customers and solve any outstanding book issues. Thank you to them, we are all human and mistakes will be made but your positive attitude in trying to right the wrongs explain why your awesome comic shop has survived as long as it has. Every book that was submitted by a customer was submitted that same month to CGC, that is what I was told and I firmly believe that, given the liability and insurance issues regarding this sort of stuff. That strongly, strongly leads me to have issues regarding the legitimacy of CGCs turnaround times. I spoke to 2 separate employees at CGC and was told that they could not help me in any way whatsoever except to give me the shop owners contact info. They just repeated that there was zero time delay on their end and that all books (modern) only take 4-5 weeks. Sorry, but 2 plus 2 does not equal 3. I have a strong suspicion that they are processing books out of order but of course they will not admit that and I have no proof. Either way, the fact that the books I sent in in April are still not back are in no way 100% paradises fault. There is some blame to go to CGC whether they choose to admit it or not. The one thing that I will be taking away from this entire scenario is that while I begged and begged CGC to help resolve the issue they repeatedly (not maliciously) refused to help. I’m sorry, but for a multi-multi million dollars company to list off a contact email and say there is nothing more they can do for me is quite disheartening. Hopefully this helps anyone out there waiting on books. You should all hopefully be getting them back sooner than later. 

Most are trying to be nice to you.

Not me.

You were totally wrong in putting some of the blame on CGC.

It is you that doesn't understand how the process works.

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

+1

And his thinking behind it is that "CGC didn't reach out to him", AND didn't help when he called.

How was CGC supposed to do that if they didn't have his information, as none was provided by Paradise Comics..... We've heard other customers waiting for invoices to return to Paradise to pick up that there name, number or anything was NOT on the invoice..... How was CGC supposed to get this information to somehow contact a customer of Paradise if it wasn't provided?

Edit: lol @Transplant we both said the same thing at the exact same time.... How is CGC supposed to know "who's there were" other than paradise.

Every time a comic is dropped off at the shop an invoice with all my contact info is made up...I get a copy and the other one is attached to the book (from my understanding and witnessing) when it is grouped together with other customers books. If my invoice with my info is not attached to the book then how would the comic shop know which book is mine for when it returns? If they send in 10 different copies of Batman #666 from 10 different customers at the same time how would you know which copy is yours if your info wasn’t attached to it? If it is not done this way then please enlighten me to the exact process. 

4 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Every time a comic is dropped off at the shop an invoice with all my contact info is made up...I get a copy and the other one is attached to the book (from my understanding and witnessing) when it is grouped together with other customers books. If my invoice with my info is not attached to the book then how would the comic shop know which book is mine for when it returns? If they send in 10 different copies of Batman #666 from 10 different customers at the same time how would you know which copy is yours if your info wasn’t attached to it? If it is not done this way then please enlighten me to the exact process. 

I agree and it sounded odd, but that's what others said and no one corrected them. That is why we're all confused....it didn't sound right, but we were only going by what we were told. If you had the invoice numbers and your name was on it with paradise then cgc would have told you something, which is also confusing. Either way glad it's worked out and hopefully to your satisfaction. :foryou: I "think" what everyone is trying to say is hopefully this doesn't put a bad taste for cgc with you, because we all have experienced it differently :)

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree and it sounded odd, but that's what others said and no one corrected them. That is why we're all confused....it didn't sound right, but we were only going by what we were told. If you had the invoice numbers and your name was on it with paradise then cgc would have told you something, which is also confusing. Either way glad it's worked out and hopefully to your satisfaction. :foryou: I "think" what everyone is trying to say is hopefully this doesn't put a bad taste for cgc with you, because we all have experienced it differently :)

I appreciate your comment and yes I agree, it’s all a little confusing. My invoice has my personal info on it, so you are right that something doesn’t add up. I gave my invoice numbers to CGC when I called and they should have all my info on that invoice, unless like you’ve said, something is off. Either way, hopefully all of our books return safe and sound. I haven’t fully made up my mind about CGC yet, so far I am very unhappy, but time will tell. 

2 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

I was told that the comics were sent in to CGC when they were supposed to and I believe that. There are other issues I’m not privy to or aware of I understand that. I came to my own conclusions that this whole mess is not 100% paradises fault. People on here are speculating that payments weren’t made on time or other reasons for the delays, maybe so maybe not, I don’t know. I DO know the following...books with my name,phone number and email on the attached paperwork (not just paradise comics info) have been sitting in their vaults for over 10 months. Unless CGCs inventory system is a complete disaster (I don’t think so) they are fully aware that a paying customers books have been sitting there for that long. Whatever the issues at play are CGC have their reputation to uphold, and not attempting to resolve this issue months ago or at the very least contacting affected customers to let them know the status of their books is  YES partly their fault. 

It is pretty clear to everyone here but you that Paradise is responsible for the delays of their customers CGC orders and the Paradise alluded to this when they stated in this very thread that they were having issues due to a store redesign and personnel changes.

The only TWO plausible scenarios here are that Paradise did not in fact send off your books for grading when they said they did or that they were sent as recorded but the services were not paid for, resulting in a delay of those services being provided.

You have at least SIX customers of Paradise posting in this thread about delays with their CGC submissions. Since, according to the various posts, those shipments were sent at different times within the past year or so, the only thing that connects them is the store itself.

If the problem was on CGC's end, customers from all over, not just customers of Paradise, would be reporting it in the turnaround times thread on this very forum. But the fact that MULTIPLE submissions from the same store were held back (or more likely never received) should make it obvious to you that the problem was with Paradise. 

On 2/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, DonSal1976 said:

Actually they did take the blame for many of the issues, kudos to them. They are human, and they are hard at work trying to fix everything. CGC in your opinion may be only 10% to blame, but they seem to be taking 0% of the responsibility. I know which company I would prefer to deal with. 

PGX?  Hahahahaha!

2 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

I appreciate your comment and yes I agree, it’s all a little confusing. My invoice has my personal info on it, so you are right that something doesn’t add up. I gave my invoice numbers to CGC when I called and they should have all my info on that invoice, unless like you’ve said, something is off. Either way, hopefully all of our books return safe and sound. I haven’t fully made up my mind about CGC yet, so far I am very unhappy, but time will tell. 

I sure hope you change your mind about CGC. Their chance of survival hangs on your opinion.

Meanwhile, Paradise Comics, who admitted to lots of problems while failing to be totally honest with their customers, is a pillar in your community.

2 minutes ago, icefires said:

I sure hope you change your mind about CGC. Their chance of survival hangs on your opinion.

Meanwhile, Paradise Comics, who admitted to lots of problems while failing to be totally honest with their customers, is a pillar in your community.

Thank you greatly for your comment. I wasn’t sure that I could get to sleep peacefully tonight without a heavy dose of sarcasm...but alas, my prayers have been answered. (thumbsu

10 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

Thank you greatly for your comment. I wasn’t sure that I could get to sleep peacefully tonight without a heavy dose of sarcasm...but alas, my prayers have been answered. (thumbsu

I have a pertinent question. When the comics are shipped from CGC, are they going directly to you, or do they go to Paradise and you pick them up ?

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I have a pertinent question. When the comics are shipped from CGC, are they going directly to you, or do they go to Paradise and you pick them up ?

They go to Paradise Comics and they contact us when they have arrived. 

Just now, DonSal1976 said:

They go to Paradise Comics and they contact us when they have arrived. 

In that case, CGC probably knows nothing of you = they do not know a specific book belongs you. You are filling out paperwork that stays with Paradise. Paradise in turn fills out a CGC invoice that lists the books. No where in that invoice to CGC is there documentation that links a specific book to a specific Paradise client. Now this all makes sense.  CGC does not know (or care) that you already paid Paradise, only that Paradise did not pay them (an assumption). When you called CGC, they don't know you, you are not a customer, you are not in their database. I hope this now makes sense to you. This is 100% on Paradise.

30 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In that case, CGC probably knows nothing of you = they do not know a specific book belongs you. You are filling out paperwork that stays with Paradise. Paradise in turn fills out a CGC invoice that lists the books. No where in that invoice to CGC is there documentation that links a specific book to a specific Paradise client. Now this all makes sense.  CGC does not know (or care) that you already paid Paradise, only that Paradise did not pay them (an assumption). When you called CGC, they don't know you, you are not a customer, you are not in their database. I hope this now makes sense to you. This is 100% on Paradise.

You are absolutely right.

I don't think he will ever get it though.

Edited by icefires

21 hours ago, Paradise_Comics said:

Bomber-Bob, In no way did I "implicate" CGC. Now the books are in the process of returning back to my store. Do you personally have an outstanding invoice? If so please email Kristina@paradisecomics.com, she has been organizing submissions so that this issue gets resolved. I have an excellent reputation in the Comic industry. Mistakes happen, and there has been some disorganization. Once my customers started coming to me with their invoices, I have taken steps to rectify it and again would like to thank the good people at CGC for such a positive long term working relationship. 

Best Regards

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

I messaged Kristina 10 days ago regarding my CGC books being gone for over 10 months, invoices included - no reply. In fact there have been zero replies to any messages I've sent Paradise in the past year, including one to you. Any time I saw Paradise staff in person at a show or called the store, they told me "check with us next month" or "there's a shipment coming in next week" I hope to hear something about my submissions soon.

Jason

20 minutes ago, J-Bird said:

I messaged Kristina 10 days ago regarding my CGC books being gone for over 10 months, invoices included - no reply. In fact there have been zero replies to any messages I've sent Paradise in the past year, including one to you. Any time I saw Paradise staff in person at a show or called the store, they told me "check with us next month" or "there's a shipment coming in next week" I hope to hear something about my submissions soon.

Jason

I blame this on cgc. :baiting:

19 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

It also makes sense for smaller submissions (especially for us north of the border). 

If one is only subbing 2 books return shipping from cgc is $60 usd via FedEx. If one subs 2 books through an lcs they likely wouldn't ding them nearly that much for return shipping. 

North of the border that makes some sense to me but only depending on the books.  If I am submitting items of high value I am not placing them in the hands of the LCS.   The now defunct Blue Planet on Long Island (notorious for MANY other reasons as detailed across these boards) was one of those shops that was reportedly conveniently misplacing certain submissions.   I think it is that reason that I am sour on the idea of giving books off to a LCS to send to CGC. 

I usually wait until I have a number of books and then send them to Florida. 

Edited by Buzzetta