• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

So Paradise either sent it to CGC and it sat there or they only recently sent it in. When his book was provided to Paradise though the previous manager was there so it should really not have been a management/staffing issue...

If the owner of the book calls CGC head office are they able to provide him the date it arrived at their facility? Is that information CGC would have on file?

50 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

If the owner of the book calls CGC head office are they able to provide him the date it arrived at their facility? Is that information CGC would have on file?

Sigh.  The OWNER of the book in CGC eyes is still Paradise.  

Is it possible if the actual owner of the book called CGC with the invoice number and asked when the book was received by them that they would tell him? Maybe. However, all CGC will likely do is refer the "owner" to Paradise to get answers to that question.  

2 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

You can see that online through the invoice date. That's not the exact date it arrived, but with a few days. You could literally be at the store next to them while they look it up.

3 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

At least you are now considering the fact that this is all on Paradise. Here's a couple different scenarios as I see it...

- The books have been sitting at Paradise all this time. When the heat came down via this thread, Paradise finally shipped them to CGC and begged to get them quickly graded.  

- They shipped the books a year ago but did not supply payment. With the heat from this thread, they sent payment and again, begged CGC to grade them fast.  

DonSal, I think you were sweet talked by Paradise into thinking this was a combined screw up by both them and CGC.  To most of us, this is obviously 100% on Paradise.

31 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You can see that online through the invoice date. That's not the exact date it arrived, but with a few days. You could literally be at the store next to them while they look it up.

:baiting:He doesn't have the invoice, Paradise does.

39 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

8 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

:baiting:He doesn't have the invoice, Paradise does.

I think we all know that is the case. That is why I wrote the last sentence.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

So Brandon191 gave his book to Paradise on Jan 17, 2017 and it was graded on January 26, 2018. A problem with Paradise or CGC ?

Obviously it's a problem with theCGC™.

They hate Canadians, and make them wait longer to get their books back.

That box from Paradise has probably sat in the receiving area, propping up a desk, for the past year.

:eyeroll:

On 1/29/2018 at 12:44 PM, Transplant said:

I would think it would be obvious by now, but there is no freaking way that this shop subbed the books and they sat with CGC for a year.  ygogolak is correct.  Ask to see the invoice where your book(s) was subbed and the date where it was verified by CGC.  That will tell you when the books actually got to CGC (if at all yet).  Now compare that date to when you were told they were being mailed to CGC. 

Something smells rotten.  It's likely just bad customer service, but I would go ballistic if someone had my books for a year. 

I think it'd be neat to see you go ballistic. :preach: 

Perhaps Paradise should provide some explanation above which has already been provided? 

A drop off date of 17/01/17 and then a garde date of 28/01/18 deserves some sort of explanation beyond what has been provided.   Perhaps it is as simple as we thought a submission was sent in but it turns out we had the entire thing in the basement and just sent it in in January 2018 - but no explanation being provided just makes people speculate - which is never a good thing.