• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

What a mess.  We've heard from a number of people in this thread but how many more are out there who don't know about this thread?

I think it's pretty clear by now that Paradise Comics has serious problems with their CGC submission business.  Their attempts to deflect blame, ignore complaints and fail to provide information, and respond in a hostile manner when pressed clearly show that they don't have an easy solution and that this problem is bigger than we think.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

This is indeed an alarming situation, particularly because Paradise Comics has made the deliberate and repeated choice of giving their customers false excuses in an effort to take the pressure off themselves. 

I get the very distinct impression they could very well have been using their customer’s submission fees to make ends meet during their remodel, figuring they could kick the can down the road and fix it later. 

The remark that ‘if you leave bad reviews you’ll hurt our livelihood’ is a big red flag to me; it tells me that they’re already in financial straights. 

If things are going so bad that they’ve resorted to robbing Peter to pay Paul, and feel justified in feeding their customers bs excuses, at what point do they resort to just selling customers books and then coming up with another lame excuse (it got lost in the mail, CGC destroyed your book, etc.)?

I hope to heck that doesn’t happen - or hasn’t happened already. 

Here's 3 screen shots of other people that left neegative reviews on Paradise's facebook site in 2018 that are CGC related.  One of them apparently ASM #14 was lost and he was not reimbursed.

Screenshot_20180320-163237.png

Screenshot_20180320-163208.png

Screenshot_20180320-163111.png

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

X-Men 1 and ASM 14 missing?  That's lawsuit worthy.

Messaged the X-Men #1 guy and he replied. He said his complaint eventually got sorted out. And it took quite a while with poor communication.  ASM #14 guy never replied to me. So I don't know if it was ever resolved.

Edited by ComicArtAddict

I have two invoices outstanding both from San Diego last year.  One is 3 books signed by Stan the other is 11 books signed by Neal Adams.  The weird thing is that several weeks ago I got 2 books back signed by Neal.  So the books are at CGC.  Why the rest aren’t showing up is beyond me.

55 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

I have two invoices outstanding both from San Diego last year.  One is 3 books signed by Stan the other is 11 books signed by Neal Adams.  The weird thing is that several weeks ago I got 2 books back signed by Neal.  So the books are at CGC.  Why the rest aren’t showing up is beyond me.

Check your invoice numbers with CGC and see if they have them on file. My missing book was to be signed at SDCC by Stan Lee and CGC has no record of it.

Damn !! So this situation has gotten way worse ... I’ve been lucky to get my books from these pilons...

They said Doug left because of some family thing but I wonder what really went down ..

I mean he worked there for like 16 years has a family situation and all of a sudden he’s gone ? 

Stay tuned on this one ...

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

5 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Here's 3 screen shots of other people that left neegative reviews on Paradise's facebook site in 2018 that are CGC related.  One of them apparently ASM #14 was lost and he was not reimbursed.

Screenshot_20180320-163237.png

Screenshot_20180320-163208.png

Screenshot_20180320-163111.png

I’d lose my sh$$T !! If they lost my ASM 14 ... 

And the Website is down again ... Peter told me 2 months ago it was just a virus thing and will be sorted out 

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan