• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Guys, maybe they are just too busy listing books on IG to reply to customers CGC submission questions. 

Paradise 2.jpg

"Sorry, we're too busy to respond to customer inquiries at the current time as we're currently in the process of generating customer inquiries."

7 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Not that it matters, but you have been conversing on the Boards for over 3 hours. So there is that. A drive will do you good. Take some coffee and a munchie and go sit at the location. If you have to sit all day, fine. Or, you could telephone with a cheerful voice and attitude and identify yourself as rumpelstilsken or whatever and ask if Pete/er/ie is there I want to get an idea of a price for xyz, and when the just a minute answer comes, pounce. Self reliance on solving YOUR problem is a good thing. I can't count the number of times I have staked out a person to settle a business issue. It is good for the soul, and builds character.

An hour away?lol I have driven 6-1/2 hours to get a person to explain face to face. Always bring a strong response with you, in the form of a small claims court filing or a letter addressed to the individual from your attorney.

How in heck would you know if the person is in the store or not if you won't drive an hour to find out. if you call of course he won't answer if he is trying to avoid you.....thus the hook call suggestion.I'm sure you can resolve this with some determined action.

Bait and switch is a great idea for those wanting to meet him face to face for an explanation. 

Recieved an email from Peter than my book will be in next week. Took writing a very detailed complaint to CGC to get emails from Peter. CGC said they would notify me once they had the books in hand. They're closed on weekends so I won't be able to verify this until Mon. 

34 minutes ago, Bird said:

what about credit card chargebacks? Surely not everyone pays cash (or if they do I would name my shop Paradise as well). Nothing gets a retailers attention like a refund chargeback.

Good idea but if the transactions are approaching a year, I think it's too late. I think my CC company allows for 90 days. I wonder if it can be extended if it's fraud ?

Edited by Bomber-Bob

2 minutes ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Recieved an email from Peter than my book will be in next week. Took writing a very detailed complaint to CGC to get emails from Peter. CGC said they would notify me once they had the books in hand. They're closed on weekends so I won't be able to verify this until Mon. 

Good job ! Does this mean Paradise just sent the books in to CGC ?

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
2 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Yeah, I am confused as well. 

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
3 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Yeah, I am confused as well. 

Your confusion is confusing me.

react_confused.png

6 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

lol that's 100% what I think.  CGC said last week they'd call me with an update on my missing book when they had any info. So I'll find out Mon what the heck is going on.  If so only took 9 months to get mailed to CGC. :pullhair:

I have a question if I may play “devils advocate” : why did you guys call/complain to Paradise Comics at the 3rd to 4th month? Why complain now at the 9th month or 1 year??

i don’t submit a lot of books to cgc, but I would estimate that it would take 3-4 months to send-grade-return from/to Canada. That timeframe might even be too long.... 

if this question has been asked before, please link me up. 

Full Disclosure: I’m not associated with them, I too have some books submitted, but it’s only been at the two months mark. 

2 hours ago, combiner1 said:

I have a question if I may play “devils advocate” : why did you guys call/complain to Paradise Comics at the 3rd to 4th month? Why complain now at the 9th month or 1 year??

i don’t submit a lot of books to cgc, but I would estimate that it would take 3-4 months to send-grade-return from/to Canada. That timeframe might even be too long.... 

if this question has been asked before, please link me up. 

Full Disclosure: I’m not associated with them, I too have some books submitted, but it’s only been at the two months mark. 

I have inquired many times since around June/July. Was told repeatedly over the phone by various employees that there was a bigger than normal backlog because of con season and also because of the rush of people sending in books to get SS by Stan Lee. This same statement was pretty much repeated monthly since then up until this suddenly blew up. I would guess most others got the same explanation. 

Edited by DonSal1976

3 hours ago, combiner1 said:

After two months I would hope CGC has the books. I would check with CGC now. 

37 minutes ago, DonSal1976 said:

I have inquired many times since around June/July. Was told repeatedly over the phone by various employees that there was a bigger than normal backlog because of con season and also because of the rush of people sending in books to get SS by Stan Lee. This same statement was pretty much repeated monthly since then up until this suddenly blew up. I would guess most others got the same explanation. 

That is not a plausible explanation from Paradise, it is a lame excuse. They are blaming CGC when it certainly appears CGC is not the problem. 

Edited by Bomber-Bob