• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wombat said:

From the outside looking in it appears like CGC couldn't care less. That seems odd to me. 

I wouldn't go that far, we've never really gotten a clear answer on if CGC is even in possession of the outstanding books in question, or what the actual magnitude of this problem really is.  How many Paradise customers are affected?  10?  100?  250?  How many books are multiple months late?  How much grading fee money has been paid to Paradise but not found its way to CGC?

In any case, the onus is on Paradise to deliver what they promised.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I wouldn't go that far, we've never really gotten a clear answer on if CGC is even in possession of the outstanding books in question, or what the actual magnitude of this problem really is.  How many Paradise customers are affected?  10?  100?  250?  How many books are multiple months late?  How much grading fee money has been paid to Paradise but not found its way to CGC?

In any case, the onus is on Paradise to deliver what they promised.

CGC have at least one of my invoices as I have had two of thirteen books back and they were all signature series.  The other invoice is three Stan Lee SS books.  All are from San Diego last year.

Actually the two books numbers are 1519645002 and 1519645001.  Can anyone look those numbers up and see when they were slabbed?  If they are recent then CGC don’t have the books and Paradise are sending them in bit by bit.

Edited by Zevgoli

28 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

CGC have at least one of my invoices as I have had two of thirteen books back and they were all signature series.  The other invoice is three Stan Lee SS books.  All are from San Diego last year.

Actually the two books numbers are 1519645002 and 1519645001.  Can anyone look those numbers up and see when they were slabbed?  If they are recent then CGC don’t have the books and Paradise are sending them in bit by bit.

Grade Date: 01/09/2018

29 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

Both show grade date of 1/9/2018.  Signed on 7/9/2017.  What tier did you submit them under?  And were they pressed?  Six months between signing and grading seems excessive.

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Both show grade date of 1/9/2018.  Signed on 7/9/2017.  What tier did you submit them under?  And were they pressed?  Six months between signing and grading seems excessive.

These books were not pressed and they were fast tracked.  So obviously Paradise is holding onto these books months after submitting.  Since I am owed so many books Peter will stall as long as possible before sending them in.  I am calling CGC in the morning to lodge a formal complaint with this evidence that he is stockpiling books.

3 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

These books were not pressed and they were fast tracked.  So obviously Paradise is holding onto these books months after submitting.  Since I am owed so many books Peter will stall as long as possible before sending them in.  I am calling CGC in the morning to lodge a formal complaint with this evidence that he is stockpiling books.

If these books were fast tracked and it took this long, I would demand a refund on the fast track fees.

37 minutes ago, combiner1 said:

Is there a tool for books that CGC received? That tool is for books that’s been graded and shipped. 

Call CGC customer service with the invoice numbers.  Normally you could just ask the facilitator to check their account for an update, but Paradise is obviously doing everything they can to avoid doing that.

1 hour ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Here’s a tool ....

A3136564-9981-41BB-A803-0D6B17ED26AF.jpeg

Just a warning...it's always broken...sometimes missing...irresponsive...doesn't function as one would hope and sometimes says the same thing over and over like a broken record.

So use at your own risk ;)

I called CGC this morning and my book is in the grading room and will be arriving this week at Paradise. So I was able to verify what Peter told me via email.  I only have the one book with Paradise and personally I'll never go there again. I'll be using Carlos at Gotham Central from now on.

Heard about this specific CGC forum through someone at Toronto Comic Con having similiar issues.  I only jumped on this forum to give advice and allow other to follow my issues. I raised hell to get priority at Paradise and get my book found. It was literally not in CGC's records. Still don't have all the details as to what happened and probably never will.  CGC gives limited info on others accounts.  I promised Peter and his wife I'd remove my negative facebook feedback once this was resolved. So I held up my end and just deleted it. Others here may not agreewith it but I keep my word. Anyways my issues are resolved so I'm out of here. 

My advice is if you want your books back and you've been waiting way too long. Gather as much evidence as you can, leave negative reviews and submit a detailed email complaint to CGC. Better Business Bureau is also another route you can go. Didn't have to go that far but I have used them in the past with great success.

Stay strong everyone and best of luck!

Edited by ComicArtAddict

48 minutes ago, ComicArtAddict said:

I promised Peter and his wife I'd remove my negative facebook feedback once this was resolved. So I held up my end and just deleted it. Others here may not agreewith it but I keep my word. Anyways my issues are resolved so I'm out of here. 

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Heard about this specific CGC forum through someone at Toronto Comic Con having similiar issues.  I only jumped on this forum to give advice and allow other to follow my issues. I raised hell to get priority at Paradise and get my book found. It was literally not in CGC's records. Still don't have all the details as to what happened and probably never will.  CGC gives limited info on others accounts.  I promised Peter and his wife I'd remove my negative facebook feedback once this was resolved. So I held up my end and just deleted it. Others here may not agreewith it but I keep my word. Anyways my issues are resolved so I'm out of here. 

Way to have standards. Removing the feedback just means he gets to do it again to another poor sucker. You could have helped prevent that by leaving your post up, but you caved for no reason. Pathetic. 

Enjoy your comic. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

1 hour ago, ComicArtAddict said:

I called CGC this morning and my book is in the grading room and will be arriving this week at Paradise. So I was able to verify what Peter told me via email.  I only have the one book with Paradise and personally I'll never go there again. I'll be using Carlos at Gotham Central from now on.

My advice is if you want your books back and you've been waiting way too long. Gather as much evidence as you can, leave negative reviews and submit a detailed email complaint to CGC. Better Business Bureau is also another route you can go. Didn't have to go that far but I have used them in the past with great success.

So you removed the negative feedback but will never go there again?

I don't get it.

36 minutes ago, icefires said:
2 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

So you removed the negative feedback but will never go there again?

I don't get it.

he essentially 'bribed/blackmailed' them to get his situation resolved faster.  After receiving his ransom, he paid up on his end of the deal.  Its a little libertarian, but I don't blame the guy.  After having spent so much time an energy on it, he might be happy to just never think about this incident again.  Kind of how the boards Probation List system works or most criminal situations involving theft or fraud.  Admittedly not perfect, but making victims 'whole' is viewed as more important the punitive action or even rehabilitation.

6 minutes ago, revat said:

he essentially 'bribed/blackmailed' them to get his situation resolved faster.  After receiving his ransom, he paid up on his end of the deal.  Its a little libertarian, but I don't blame the guy.  After having spent so much time an energy on it, he might be happy to just never think about this incident again.  Kind of how the boards Probation List system works or most criminal situations involving theft or fraud.  Admittedly not perfect, but making victims 'whole' is viewed as more important the punitive action or even rehabilitation.

:facepalm: