• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Oh oh the trolls are out. What exactly have you done to help the situation. I'm gonna guess you aren't even from Toronto or been to Paradise. Just searching the cgc boards for people to troll. Your type is exactly the reason I have never used message boards.  I gave advice, some people have listened and they're getting their books back. I removed a review from Facebook which lost 10 billion in value this week that people are jumping like its the titanic. Where's your bad Paradise review? Oh I think your mom just called down to the basement. Dinner is ready.  Woddle up little man and don't forget to clean your room. Lame....:baiting:

1. What Facebook's market cap has to do with this is anyone's guess.
2. You call someone a troll, and then conclude by engaging in serious trolling behavior.  Not a good look.

Regardless, having followed your situation, I do applaud your tenacity in getting it resolved.  And through this thread, you still have left a warning for others about Paradise's current business practices, so I would disagree that you've left other potential victims in the dark.  That being said, perhaps the better approach to your negative Facebook review would've been to post a follow-up to your initial comment with the ultimate resolution of the situation, rather than dangling the outright deleting of the negative review as a carrot for Paradise to get this fixed.  Paradise would still have the opportunity to respond to your posts, and those who are on Facebook but not the boards would still see that they may want to use caution when considering Paradise for their facilitation needs.  $0.02.

From the Better Business Bureau:

Complaint ID: 1372531
Business Name: Paradise Cards & Comics

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience with this business. Your case has been assigned 1372531 in our files. 

We have accepted your complaint and have forwarded it to the business for their response. We have asked the business to reply promptly, but some disputes may take longer than others to conclude. Please be patient as we work to ensure that your concerns are addressed. The entire process can take several weeks.

10 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Oh oh the trolls are out. What exactly have you done to help the situation. I'm gonna guess you aren't even from Toronto or been to Paradise. Just searching the cgc boards for people to troll. Your type is exactly the reason I have never used message boards.  I gave advice, some people have listened and they're getting their books back. I removed a review from Facebook which lost 10 billion in value this week that people are jumping like its the titanic. Where's your bad Paradise review? Oh I think your mom just called down to the basement. Dinner is ready.  Woddle up little man and don't forget to clean your room. Lame....:baiting:

That is a lucid, intelligent well thought-out post, KingJeffo.  Overruled.

Edited by icefires

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

1. What Facebook's market cap has to do with this is anyone's guess.
2. You call someone a troll, and then conclude by engaging in serious trolling behavior.  Not a good look.

Regardless, having followed your situation, I do applaud your tenacity in getting it resolved.  And through this thread, you still have left a warning for others about Paradise's current business practices, so I would disagree that you've left other potential victims in the dark.  That being said, perhaps the better approach to your negative Facebook review would've been to post a follow-up to your initial comment with the ultimate resolution of the situation, rather than dangling the outright deleting of the negative review as a carrot for Paradise to get this fixed.  Paradise would still have the opportunity to respond to your posts, and those who are on Facebook but not the boards would still see that they may want to use caution when considering Paradise for their facilitation needs.  $0.02.

I think your suggestion makes the most sense and would probably be the most helpful.  But I also think there is no reason to EXPECT any victim to go out of his way to their way to do the best possible thing after the resolution.  He doesn't owe anyone else anything, and he did share what he did to get the resolution.  Just because someone doesn't go out of their way to help every future victim doesn't make them a terrible person worthy of derision.

51 minutes ago, revat said:

I think your suggestion makes the most sense and would probably be the most helpful.  But I also think there is no reason to EXPECT any victim to go out of his way to their way to do the best possible thing after the resolution.  He doesn't owe anyone else anything, and he did share what he did to get the resolution.  Just because someone doesn't go out of their way to help every future victim doesn't make them a terrible person worthy of derision.

He actually went out of his way by taking the comment down. If he actually did nothing with the comment already posted it would have been better.

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
58 minutes ago, revat said:

He actually went out of his way by taking the comment down. If he actually did nothing with the comment already posted it would have been better.

I see your point, but because the cat is still somewhat in the bag, every other aggrieved person reading this can use the exact same tactic to get their situation resolved.  Is it ideal?  Or the absolute best thing that can be done?  I don't think so.  But he was a victim and the behavior is not so egregious.  He made something passable out of a terrible situation created by Paradise.  AND gave other people here insight on how to resolve their own situations. Ripping him for doing so will NOT encourage other people to share their own ideas or solutions. 

Edited by revat

1 hour ago, revat said:

I see your point, but because the cat is still somewhat in the bag, every other aggrieved person reading this can use the exact same tactic to get their situation resolved.  Is it ideal?  Or the absolute best thing that can be done?  I don't think so.  But he was a victim and the behavior is not so egregious.  He made something passable out of a terrible situation created by Paradise.  AND gave other people here insight on how to resolve their own situations. Ripping him for doing so will NOT encourage other people to share their own ideas or solutions. 

I would have agreed to remove it when I received the book, then left it there. What goes around, comes around. lol

5 hours ago, icefires said:

I would have agreed to remove it when I received the book, then left it there. What goes around, comes around. lol

That's what I would have done as well. 

"Yeah, sure Peter, I'll get rid of my negative comment and recommend you to everybody. PSYCH!!!!"

But in all seriousness, I agree with @revat. @ComicArtAddict has helped inform people of the injustice that Paradise Comics is committing by warning people on this forum. 

Email from Peter:

Hi Howard everything is getting processed. I have put a rush on your books and coming back soon. It’s a very long explanation as to what is going on and the disorganization at our store level. Between you and me there has been theft in my store the past few years  (not any submissions as they would have been noticed) . We have some new staff now and are in the process of looking for and hiring others. This situation is in the process of totally getting cleared up up and will not be happening again. I will be taking a more active role in overseeing the processing of cgc books. 

Peter

2 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

Between you and me

I am always on guard when I read those words. usually it means the person sending the words knows the reader of the words is going to share the words, which is the end game. These words are always....always followed by a story of tragedy, designed to deflect anger and elicit a feeling of guilt and shame in the reader, for having doubted the intentions of honor the person sending the words had at heart.

1 hour ago, Zevgoli said:

Email from Peter:

Hi Howard everything is getting processed. I have put a rush on your books and coming back soon. It’s a very long explanation as to what is going on and the disorganization at our store level. Between you and me there has been theft in my store the past few years  (not any submissions as they would have been noticed) . We have some new staff now and are in the process of looking for and hiring others. This situation is in the process of totally getting cleared up up and will not be happening again. I will be taking a more active role in overseeing the processing of cgc books. 

Peter

So assuming there was some internal theft occurring at Paradise as claimed, but it did not involved CGC submissions, the theft still wouldn't explain why CGC submissions have been so horrendously delayed. 

Good facilitation practice generally goes something like: get sigs at con, fill out invoices, drop books with invoices at CGC table prior to leaving con, pay at table or have credit card on file.

Really not difficult.  The picture is still incomplete.

21 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

So assuming there was some internal theft occurring at Paradise as claimed, but it did not involved CGC submissions, the theft still wouldn't explain why CGC submissions have been so horrendously delayed. 

Good facilitation practice generally goes something like: get sigs at con, fill out invoices, drop books with invoices at CGC table prior to leaving con, pay at table or have credit card on file.

Really not difficult.  The picture is still incomplete.

Maybe they stole the actual invoices?

:insane:

7 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Maybe they stole the actual invoices?

:insane:

Not just that, but stolen the invoices while in transit to CGC...which has lead to all those customer books sitting orphaned in Florida!  Paradise is 100% innocent!  It was the carbon paper bandits all along!!!

We've cracked the case!!!  :ohnoez:

8 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Email from Peter: 

Between you and me there has been theft in my store the past few years (not any submissions as they would have been noticed).

Peter

Well.....that's good enough for me.

Big stack of expensive books coming your way, Peter!

I recently visited Paradise Comics. Guy at the front desk not only said that Peter wouldn't steal my books because "he has more valuable ones" (probably stolen from other customers), but he also said that 7 months is "how long it takes to get the books back." I Demanded that my books be back by next weekend and threatened to call the police if they are not. We will see what happens.