• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

At this point is there any recovering from this disaster?  If they refunded everyones money and promised to do better would people still use them?  With all the bad blood generated I just can't imagine anyone who reads this thread using their service.

I doubt it has hit "disaster" level for them yet as there are not enough people reading this particular thread.  Not enough reviews elsewhere. There are likely hundreds(?) more believing the delay is on CGC's end as it has been reported that is "the line" many customers are still being fed or led to believe.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:49 AM, ComicArtAddict said:

I called CGC this morning and my book is in the grading room and will be arriving this week at Paradise. So I was able to verify what Peter told me via email.  I only have the one book with Paradise and personally I'll never go there again. I'll be using Carlos at Gotham Central from now on.

Heard about this specific CGC forum through someone at Toronto Comic Con having similiar issues.  I only jumped on this forum to give advice and allow other to follow my issues. I raised hell to get priority at Paradise and get my book found. It was literally not in CGC's records. Still don't have all the details as to what happened and probably never will.  CGC gives limited info on others accounts.  I promised Peter and his wife I'd remove my negative facebook feedback once this was resolved. So I held up my end and just deleted it. Others here may not agreewith it but I keep my word. Anyways my issues are resolved so I'm out of here. 

My advice is if you want your books back and you've been waiting way too long. Gather as much evidence as you can, leave negative reviews and submit a detailed email complaint to CGC. Better Business Bureau is also another route you can go. Didn't have to go that far but I have used them in the past with great success.

Stay strong everyone and best of luck!

Did you get your book back yet? Or notification/specific date of when you will get it back?

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:
2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

At this point is there any recovering from this disaster?  If they refunded everyones money and promised to do better would people still use them?  With all the bad blood generated I just can't imagine anyone who reads this thread using their service.

I doubt it has hit "disaster" level for them yet as there are not enough people reading this particular thread.  Not enough reviews elsewhere. There are likely hundreds(?) more believing the delay is on CGC's end as it has been reported that is "the line" many customers are still being fed or led to believe.

It may not be disaster level but certainly it's bad for their reputation and bad for business.

9 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

It may not be disaster level but certainly it's bad for their reputation and bad for business.

Between you and me I hope they go out of business.  After I get my comics back of course.  :bigsmile:

On 3/21/2018 at 10:15 AM, Buzzetta said:

I would like to know how many screw ups it takes per submissions before CGC drops a facilitator?  

DWC still accepts books, that should answer your question Buzz

3 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Email from Peter:

Hi Howard here is the status of your invoices 

1519644 &1519639 Howard Baylis (need these. He has put in a complaint with the better business bureau. 
IN PROCESS (ONE IS AT CCS, ONE AT CGC) Cgc should ship on 4/12

Thanks Peter

I got an email from them as well saying that CGC should ship on April 12, exactly the same as the email they sent you. 

4 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Email from Peter:

Hi Howard here is the status of your invoices 

1519644 &1519639 Howard Baylis (need these. He has put in a complaint with the better business bureau. 
IN PROCESS (ONE IS AT CCS, ONE AT CGC) Cgc should ship on 4/12

Thanks Peter

Is the implication that Paradise Comics in their email to CGC said that you filed a complaint with the BBB and that they need an answer/book expedited as a result?  Seems rather unprofessional for them to include any outside drama in their correspondence with CGC.

15 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Is the implication that Paradise Comics in their email to CGC said that you filed a complaint with the BBB and that they need an answer/book expedited as a result?  Seems rather unprofessional for them to include any outside drama in their correspondence with CGC.

At what point in this thread did you see Paradise Comics conduct themselves in any way other than unprofessional?  The blurb in the e-mail is just par for the course based on this thread.

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

At what point in this thread did you see Paradise Comics conduct themselves in any way other than unprofessional?  The blurb in the e-mail is just par for the course based on this thread.

I would think the lack of straightforward timely responses, with a bit of truth mixed in, and the time that has passed, may be a hint.

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

Agreed.  I just figured you'd be a little more professional with the company that is actually providing the service for you.  But, I guess Paradise has proven that assumption wrong.

20 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

To be fair to Peter not that it’s easy to do is that I don’t think that BBB comment was aimed at CGC.  I think he was talking to someone else at the store and they replied to him.

11 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

To be fair to Peter not that it’s easy to do is that I don’t think that BBB comment was aimed at CGC.  I think he was talking to someone else at the store and they replied to him.

I send out both internal and external emails here at work and am always very careful with the wording and with what information I include, especially to outside parties.  Whoever fired off the email to CGC needs to take more care instead of just hitting the "forward" button.  All in all, none of this shines a positive light on Paradise or its staff.  (And surprisingly the store still has a 4.5* review on Facebook.)

I would imagine that this is only effecting a very small minority of Paradise clients. If it is a typical shop, 95% of their buyers don't use CGC and are unaffected by this. Unless this is just a symptom of a much larger problem, which it may well be, I don't see this as a business ending affair.