• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

On 4/17/2018 at 9:49 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Wheels keep on turning

image.png.9bc5dff7be0d4f3178ba3cb5409fc4a7.png

You know I actually would have considered picking up an Action #1000 signed by Jim Lee or Jurgens from these guys - but not with all the shenanigans going on. 

Again it is a shame that Doug left - when Doug was there things ran smoothly (at least in my experience)

4 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

You know I actually would have considered picking up an Action #1000 signed by Jim Lee or Jurgens from these guys - but not with all the shenanigans going on. 

Again it is a shame that Doug left - when Doug was there things ran smoothly (at least in my experience)

Doug left precisely because of those shenanigans.

1 hour ago, wasonff said:
On 4/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, Zevgoli said:

Doug left precisely because of those shenanigans.

I’m genuinely curious what your evidence is to support your statement?

:popcorn:

I just want to know who the Shenanigans are. Did any of them marry any of the Kardashians?

Peter dodges a bullet with the better business bureau:

Complaint ID: 1372531
Business Name: Paradise Cards & Comics

Thank you for following up with BBB regarding your position in the above-mentioned dispute.

You indicated that you are not satisfied with the company's response however, the business has not made any further concessions to their original reply.

Unfortunately, BBB is not in a position to pursue the issue further and considers the matter UNRESOLVED.

3 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Peter dodges a bullet with the better business bureau:

Complaint ID: 1372531
Business Name: Paradise Cards & Comics

Thank you for following up with BBB regarding your position in the above-mentioned dispute.

You indicated that you are not satisfied with the company's response however, the business has not made any further concessions to their original reply.

Unfortunately, BBB is not in a position to pursue the issue further and considers the matter UNRESOLVED.

Did you ask the BBB what "unresolved" exactly means? To be fair, the BBB powers would be somewhat limited to begin with? I *think* an unresolved case actually "hurts" or "dings" their rating...I found this on another site:

1. “Unresolved,” meaning the opposite: the customer remains dissatisfied and BBB does not have adequate reason to believe the company handled the matter in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.

On 2018-04-30 at 2:40 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Did you ask the BBB what "unresolved" exactly means? To be fair, the BBB powers would be somewhat limited to begin with? I *think* an unresolved case actually "hurts" or "dings" their rating...I found this on another site:

1. “Unresolved,” meaning the opposite: the customer remains dissatisfied and BBB does not have adequate reason to believe the company handled the matter in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.

I think @comicwiz spoke up about the uselessness of the BBB. 

6 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I think @comicwiz spoke up about the uselessness of the BBB. 

I agree 100%. I was just providing clarity what, for the BBB "unresolved" means but yes, pretty much useless. 

I see on some of their ASM #800 pre-sale related posts that they are saying that "COMICS WILL BE SENT TO CGC ON MAY 31 AND RETURNED TO PARADISE COMICS 4-6 WEEKS LATER."

So, perhaps the "pressure" is paying some dividends with regards to guaranteeing a return time.

3 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I agree 100%. I was just providing clarity what, for the BBB "unresolved" means but yes, pretty much useless. 

I see on some of their ASM #800 pre-sale related posts that they are saying that "COMICS WILL BE SENT TO CGC ON MAY 31 AND RETURNED TO PARADISE COMICS 4-6 WEEKS LATER."

So, perhaps the "pressure" is paying some dividends with regards to guaranteeing a return time.

Or some poor schlub will be waiting 19 months for his SS books while Paradise uses his money to get their ASM 800s graded.