• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Thanks.  Pretty uninspiring ebay inventory for a legendary store.

Everyone has to move common stuff though...

The bigger issue is that for them not to grade their books anymore  and basically telling the buyer to look at a front cover scan for grade is just...Lazy.

I tried asking a few questions on an odd book and information provided was less than satisfactory . I don't bother even looking now.

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Everyone has to move common stuff though...

The bigger issue is that for them not to grade their books anymore  and basically telling the buyer to look at a front cover scan for grade is just...Lazy.

I tried asking a few questions on an odd book and information provided was less than satisfactory . I don't bother even looking now.

Full disclosure.. I am not an employee but I am a customer and I have had completely different experience. 

From what I understand they have an employee who manages their ebay sales.

They used to offer estimated grades but there were so many people that disagreed so they moved to the check the scans method..

When a book I had took long time Peter looked into it and issue was resolved quickly.

48 minutes ago, Ares said:

They used to offer estimated grades but there were so many people that disagreed so they moved to the check the scans method..

Why are so many people disagreeing?

I am by no means a "big fish" and when I post booksI take the time to provide scans and grade and brief description of the book. I have been good. Over 800 transactions  and no problems (knock on wood).

At what point is it on the store and not the buyer? You have to ask why are so many people disagreeing? 

Edited by Wall-Crawler

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Why are so many people disagreeing?

I am by no means a "big fish" and when I post booksI take the time to provide scans and grade and brief description of the book. I have been good. Over 800 transactions  and no problems (knock on wood).

At what point is it on the store and not the buyer? You have to ask why are so many people disagreeing? 

bad choice of worlds and I am probably miss representing situation.  

I got the impression it s a case of them saying a 9.6 and he customer a 9.4. 

Once again not my place to speak fr Paradise. Just i have not had Issue like the board member has. 

I get the complete opposite impression when I go there

They killed their ebay because there was a technical error with ebay itself, and their auctions weren't being seen by the full audience. Their stuff was going for under 50% of what it should, like Punisher Limited Series 1 for $100. THey fought for months with Ebay, and it never got solved. 

They aren't the only store that happened to either. I know of at least 1 other that had the same issue. 

9 hours ago, mediaslave said:

They killed their ebay because there was a technical error with ebay itself, and their auctions weren't being seen by the full audience. Their stuff was going for under 50% of what it should, like Punisher Limited Series 1 for $100. THey fought for months with Ebay, and it never got solved. 

They aren't the only store that happened to either. I know of at least 1 other that had the same issue. 

I'm gonna take this thread to paradise. The owner seems approachable. They should see that customers are frustrated with their service and do something about it.

This was a great post, and very informative 

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, Iceman399 said:

Just want to let everyone know I quit Paradise Comics today and I do not endorse anything they sell.

I routinely saw Andrew's posts on FB and would just always think back to this thread.  It's sad to hear of such lack of service and accountability.  Especially since Andrew came on here and essentially verified previous posters claims. 

In my case, it took close to 1 year (11 months) for books to return to me. It was a SS submission. So I don't think, it'll be lying around any where. Even when it returned, I wasn't too happy...... the books came back with grade less than 9.0, the grader's note said, it was missing a page. Before submitting, I checked those books and didn't noticed any page missing. When I asked about it, all they can say to me is, they submitted the "exact same book, they don't check the inside". I was very suspicious about it, because, after a few month, on their FB page, they're showing a similar book (also SS) BUT with a grade of 9.8.....

It's a shame really, I've been going there for my CGC since the 90's and up until now, they were really good.... well until they started renovating and expanding.... then everything all went to $%^&

Check-out their FB page and scroll down to date March 25 :devil:

1 hour ago, meshuggah said:

I routinely saw Andrew's posts on FB and would just always think back to this thread.  It's sad to hear of such lack of service and accountability.  Especially since Andrew came on here and essentially verified previous posters claims. 

his Facebook posts last week had him promoting the Chip Zdarsky signing.

When did he quit?

1 hour ago, Ares said:

his Facebook posts last week had him promoting the Chip Zdarsky signing.

When did he quit?

I was curious about this as well.  I didn't realize he quit until I caught up on this thread this morning. 

19 hours ago, mediaslave said:

Well it seems weird that ebay would not be willing to fix a technical glitch with a "big" seller, it is totally plausible with eBay so that is unfortunate for Paradise in this case.

However, in any event it does not explain their decision to stop posting grades and just telling people to look at a scan for grade.  If I have to look at a scan that tells me nothing about the back cover, the interiors, etc. and I have to message them for basic details about a book, I'm sorry, I'm moving on and not bothering.

The "description" and "style" of their listings have gone downhill for sure. If buyers are/were disagreeing with the grade and most eBay sellers have all dealt with crummy buyers (there is a whole thread about it here), it happens, but at some point you start to wonder if the recent spat of negs and neutrals are all on the buyers and not the seller.

2c

Edited by Wall-Crawler

2 hours ago, combiner1 said:

In my case, it took close to 1 year (11 months) for books to return to me. It was a SS submission. So I don't think, it'll be lying around any where. Even when it returned, I wasn't too happy...... the books came back with grade less than 9.0, the grader's note said, it was missing a page. Before submitting, I checked those books and didn't noticed any page missing. When I asked about it, all they can say to me is, they submitted the "exact same book, they don't check the inside". I was very suspicious about it, because, after a few month, on their FB page, they're showing a similar book (also SS) BUT with a grade of 9.8.....

It's a shame really, I've been going there for my CGC since the 90's and up until now, they were really good.... well until they started renovating and expanding.... then everything all went to $%^&

Check-out their FB page and scroll down to date March 25 :devil:

It's pretty easy to miss something when submitting.  Most of us have :facepalm:

I'd suggest before anyone gives books to CGC or a witness to get signed or  to someone else to submit to cgc they take very good pictures or even better a nice scan of every book so they can compare that to what they get back.  I've seen complaints before about the wrong book coming back or a book coming back damaged.

Its handy having an estimated grade on the listings for sure. I know Peter under-grades too, so usually they come back better. But its still a subjective thing. I know that I've bought from various dealers that had estimated grades on them, and receiving the books theres no way that its what they said. I think Paradise does the opposite, but its still a pain dealing with mouth breathing insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that argue. Its easier to just let the customer check for themselves I guess. 

Besides, for me unless its in a plastic case with a grade on it, its just a nm book that I'm taking a gamble on. 

On 3/26/2019 at 11:41 PM, Iceman399 said:

:hi: Andrew.  You should do a FDQ on the boards like you did on FB too :baiting: 

On 3/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, greggy said:

(shrug)

Not 'this' Andrew.

BTW... If I had a FB page there would be no FDQ exits... it might be fun and light hearted almost like if I were to see my parents walking around town and decided to roll down the windows and blast the Rocky theme song to see what they would do and film it. 

IF that happened I think my father would shake his head and my mom would start speed walking and then lightly jog while waving at the camera before I drove off... 

Just saying. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 3/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, mediaslave said:

Its handy having an estimated grade on the listings for sure. I know Peter under-grades too, so usually they come back better. But its still a subjective thing. I know that I've bought from various dealers that had estimated grades on them, and receiving the books theres no way that its what they said. I think Paradise does the opposite, but its still a pain dealing with mouth breathing insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that argue. Its easier to just let the customer check for themselves I guess. 

Besides, for me unless its in a plastic case with a grade on it, its just a nm book that I'm taking a gamble on. 

"8.0"

Screenshot_20190402-175028.png

Screenshot_20190402-175033.png

16 hours ago, Anony Mous said:

I was told by Andrew that he quit because Paradise Comics is the worst place to work that you can imagine.

Andrew tried everything for that store and those customers but the Dixons are frauds.

what do you mean by... " those customers but the Dixons are frauds."