• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I submitted my issue of NYX #3 autographed by Joshua Middleton through Paradise Comics in Toronto on 17/01/17 and have yet to get it back in my hands. I have emailed Paradise Comics once a month for 3-4 months and they keep saying they are getting a CGC shipment soon. I have submitted 4-5 books in the past through them and it has never taken this long. 

Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks! 

Brandon 

Edited by Brandon191

Depends on how the books were submitted i'd imagine. Clearly they were'nt fast tracked. Were the subbed with different tier'd comics? Were other comics subbed with your first subbed to ccs for pressing? a lot can hold up a shipment.

I know once, my lcs did a shipment for me and forgot to update their cc info so my books sat there for a couple months with a lack of communication between him and cgc.

That being said yes a year is MUCH too long inho. Next time sub with Carlos at Gotham Central. He's one of the good ones you can trust. 

Ask your lcs to do a lookup on their computer to see the status of your books infront of you so you can see where they stand.

17 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Depends on how the books were submitted i'd imagine. Clearly they were'nt fast tracked. Were the subbed with different tier'd comics? Were other comics subbed with your first subbed to ccs for pressing? a lot can hold up a shipment.

I know once, my lcs did a shipment for me and forgot to update their cc info so my books sat there for a couple months with a lack of communication between him and cgc.

That being said yes a year is MUCH too long inho. Next time sub with Carlos at Gotham Central. He's one of the good ones you can trust. 

Ask your lcs to do a lookup on their computer to see the status of your books infront of you so you can see where they stand.

No, my book wasn't fast tracked. I didn't get the book pressed. I have CGC'd 4 or 5 books through them in the past with no issues. I have no clue why this is happening now. They had a great Manager named Doug that left a number of months ago that gave great customer service and he would look up my books on the cgc site for me all the time.

If they don't respond to my emails (like they did the last one two days ago) I'll drop by the shop and see what's up.

Thanks for your help!

I have been to Gotham Central and It's a great shop. I went to the Geoff Johns signing a few months ago. 

It doesn't matter if you personally didnt press your book, but if they sent in multiple tier'd books on the same form they require different services and grading times. I'm assuming your lcs send in books for multiple people and themselves in one shipment.

Emails are for the birds, go down there directly and ask to speak to the owner/manager. Explain your situation and that you would like to see the invoice on the cgc website to see that status of the book. 

I've never waited more than 5 months even on a slowtrack with multiple tier'd books.

Best advice i've already given you. Use gotham central. Carlos is the man.

Sounds a little off to me though, their old manager no longer works there and he is the guy who subbed them? I hope he did sub them and not just keep them when he left his job. Or at least left the proper paperwork for the owner/new manager.

Best of luck!

Edited by TheRealVenom

1 minute ago, Brandon191 said:

I included a link to this post in my email. lets see if they get back to me with an appropriate response this time.  

If the store is local to you why in the name of christ would you continue to rely on email to communicate with them? They've been giving you the runaround for a year! You should go down there immediately and demand a resolution to your problem. 

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

One minor point - did Middleton show up for the signing date as planned (if so, yes a year is too long), or was it kicked down the road a bit?  Cancellations do happen.

this is what I was thinking, but they should have communicated better with you either way.  You should contact CGC and go to the store in person.

16 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

For sure!  This is insane.  A year?  I really hope they track down your book but I have a bad feeling it's not going to happen.  

They have been in contact with me and seem to be putting in more of an effort now.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:12 AM, darkstar said:

If the store is local to you why in the name of christ would you continue to rely on email to communicate with them? They've been giving you the runaround for a year! You should go down there immediately and demand a resolution to your problem. 

Not quite local. I takes me about an hour top an hour and a half on public transport to get their. 

8 hours ago, gcstomp said:

Canadians certainly are more patient than I can wrap my head around.  How long are you willing to wait for a pizza delivery?  Yes, 1 year is absurd, but it is also amazing this is your local lcs and you havent been a physical reminder with your boots in shop long ago.

I haven't been to the shop in 4-5 months and have been going to a new shop. Before I stopped going I would ask in person as well and they kept saying they were expecting a shipment soon. Same excuses they gave me in my emails. 

Kristina from Paradise Comics has been in touch with me and CGC so we will see where this goes.

13 hours ago, mattn792 said:

One minor point - did Middleton show up for the signing date as planned (if so, yes a year is too long), or was it kicked down the road a bit?  Cancellations do happen.

I had Joshua Middleton sign my book years before submitting it through CGC.