• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

I'm not going to make any excuses or try to justify what you have all gone through. It's unfortunate that it took so much time and effort to get what's owed to you.

I will just say that Peter is known as being a very good person in the near 20 years that I've known him and not a con artist, so whatever the problem was I hope (and think) Pete will straighten it out. I do think it could have been handled more professionally to allay fears but I'm glad that you guys are finally getting your books back.

I picked up my books today and there is one last screwup to remember Paradise by.  One of the books was supposed to be signed by Len Wein and it wasn’t.   Of course now it’s too late to get that corrected.  Thanks Peter.  That’s not the first time they have done something like that.  I had another book that was supposed to be signed by Herb Trimpe but instead got Neal Adams on.  I never did get that book back.  It was Hulk Annual 2.  God I’m so glad I’m through with that place.

Edited by Zevgoli

On 5/15/2018 at 5:45 PM, Zevgoli said:

I picked up my books today and there is one last screwup to remember Paradise by.  One of the books was supposed to be signed by Len Wein and it wasn’t.   Of course now it’s too late to get that corrected.  Thanks Peter.  That’s not the first time they have done something like that.  I had another book that was supposed to be signed by Herb Trimpe but instead got Neal Adams on.  I never did get that book back.  It was Hulk Annual 2.  God I’m so glad I’m through with that place.

Wait, so did you get reimbursed sig fees? Would you even want it graded w/o the sig?

...What do you mean you never got the book back?

Also just saw on their Instagram page they already have like a zillion signed CGC copies of ASM #800...I was wondering how they have so many copies already? They thank CGC for the 24 hour turn around time...And say "CGC is always good to us"...

I wonder how many other customers still have outstanding books but they are getting the latest "hot book" slabbed in 24 hours for themselves...Interesting...

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Wait, so did you get reimbursed sig fees? Would you even want it graded w/o the sig?

...What do you mean you never got the book back?

I didn’t notice the missing signature till I got home.  The book was being signed by Stan Lee as well which was done.  And yes they could never find the book so I never got it back.

3 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

For Niagara Falls Comic Con, I am using Carlos at Gotham Central in Mississauga to get books done.  I hope this is a better experience than Paradise.

The bar is set pretty low.

11 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

I didn’t notice the missing signature till I got home.  The book was being signed by Stan Lee as well which was done.  And yes they could never find the book so I never got it back.

Did they compensate you for the lost book?

2 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Also just saw on their Instagram page they already have like a zillion signed CGC copies of ASM #800...I was wondering how they have so many copies already? They thank CGC for the 24 hour turn around time...And say "CGC is always good to us"...

I wonder how many other customers still have outstanding books but they are getting the latest "hot book" slabbed in 24 hours for themselves...Interesting...

Who are they signed by (I don’t follow new books or this Instagram you speak of)?  Maybe dude was at a con where on-site was available.  

Regardless, it’s pretty apparent the customer comes...second?  Nah, more like eighth.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Are you saying you didn't even get your money back for the lost book?  Because if so, i'm not sure how you let that slide.

I didn’t get the money back for the book.  At the time Peter said he had a much better copy of the book and he would use that instead.  Time passed and it never got done.  How that happened?  Easy really.

1 hour ago, Zevgoli said:

I didn’t get the money back for the book.  At the time Peter said he had a much better copy of the book and he would use that instead.  Time passed and it never got done.  How that happened?  Easy really.

I'm still very much confused.  On a prior occasion they messed up and didn't acquire a sig and never got the book back to you (and never gave you your money back).  And despite all that, you still went back to them for sigs (which you just picked up on May 15th)?  Sigs that took a year to get returned to you.  I never would have gone back to the company after the first foul up.  And more importantly, I don't know why you didn't go get your money back.

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

This is stupid.  Good guy or not, it's beyond the pale.  The lack of communication is appalling and only compounds the terrible delays and horrific customer service  Who cares if it isn't meant to be outright fraud?  How about, if you've known him for 20 years and feel the need to interject yourself here, you find out why these delays/lost books/etc. instead of just telling the people who were screwed that the guy doing the screwing is a good guy?  Seriously, this post is so unnecessary.  

And thank you for letting us know that by de facto, all of your posts are necessary.