• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2018 at 9:49 AM, Estee said:

I too am waiting for some books to come back, and its been more than 12 months.  I have emailed them, called them, and facebooked them... NOTHING.  No real answers... Just a bunch of BS.  I will NEVER go back to this place if/when my books come back. I will also take them to court if it gets to the 24 month mark. 

Darn, I'd hoped Paradise had solved their problems and everyone had their books.  There's more rotten veggies in the root cellar.

Just now, ExNihilo said:
2 hours ago, revat said:

I think the people who have been aggrieved or are being aggrieved should actually file as many complaints as possible with CGC detailing their interactions, so that Paradise will hopefully no longer be authorized to do anything with/for CGC, as a dealer, submitter, witness, second baseman, personal chef, tattoo artist...NOTHING!

Although you'd think it would have been enough by now...

This.  I spoke to CGC customer service about a separate issue and somehow got sidetracked and mentioned Paradise Comics in passing as an example of poor service from some dealers and the response from the rep was almost like "that's the first I've heard."  I even mentioned there was a lengthy thread and she suggested I formally put it in writing and have it submitted to the customer service manager.  I really don't think there are that many people that file any grievances with CGC regarding facilitators/dealers.

everyone always thinks that someone else will do it, or that management will somehow find out about it the threads or online reviews or whatever.  I think CGC reads through threads that are directly addressed to CGC (Ask CGC, Registry Requests, Mod stuff) ONLY, and the rest about as little as possible, only when there's a buttonhumping.  Sounds like putting it in writing with the whole story is probably the best way to go.

P.S. The same could also be said if you come across HR/Ethics issues at work.  Someone has to tell HR, in writing, with detail.  Or else its going to happen again, or to someone else, whatever it is.  So do it.

1 minute ago, revat said:

everyone always thinks that someone else will do it, or that management will somehow find out about it the threads or online reviews or whatever.  I think CGC reads through threads that are directly addressed to CGC (Ask CGC, Registry Requests, Mod stuff) ONLY, and the rest about as little as possible, only when there's a buttonhumping.  Sounds like putting it in writing with the whole story is probably the best way to go.

P.S. The same could also be said if you come across HR/Ethics issues at work.  Someone has to tell HR, in writing, with detail.  Or else its going to happen again, or to someone else, whatever it is.  So do it.

I took a psychology class and this is appropriately called "the bystander effect".  We were told of an extreme example of this where someone was attacked/robbed in their apartment courtyard.  The victim called out for help to residents watching the commotion from their windows, but no one called the police or acted immediately because they all thought someone else would do it.

Moral of the story: be the change you want to see in the world.

7 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I took a psychology class and this is appropriately called "the bystander effect".  We were told of an extreme example of this where someone was attacked/robbed in their apartment courtyard.  The victim called out for help to residents watching the commotion from their windows, but no one called the police or acted immediately because they all thought someone else would do it.

Moral of the story: be the change you want to see in the world.

Her name was Kitty Genovese and she was murdered. You get an F!:sumo:

Edited by Bird
And hand over those comics under your textbook! Put them here in my drawer!!

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

Her name was Kitty Genovese and she was murdered. You get an F!:sumo:

(worship)

EDIT: just realized it was in the wikipedia article i linked.  I should probably fully read links that I post instead of just glancing at the summaries.  :tonofbricks:

Edited by ExNihilo

Well as you may remember I was going to try Gotham Central comics in Mississauga instead of Paradise for submitting books.  I had some done by them at the Niagara Falls Comicon in early June and I got them back last week.  They were not fast tracked so overall I am pleased with the service.  There is life after Paradise.

15 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

Well as you may remember I was going to try Gotham Central comics in Mississauga instead of Paradise for submitting books.  I had some done by them at the Niagara Falls Comicon in early June and I got them back last week.  They were not fast tracked so overall I am pleased with the service.  There is life after Paradise.

Gotham Central is good people

8 hours ago, Anony Mous said:

I worked at Paradise Comics up until recently.  

I have found most claims in this long thread to be true.

Peter admitted to me last month that he forgot to send in books to CGC 1 or 2 months late.

He hides upstairs every time an angry cgc customer comes to the store.

He does not care for comics anymore and is not accountable.  He also does not train or treat his staff respectfully.

He may have charged fasttract but it does not matter to him.

He claims hes easy going and organized.  That is the last thing he is.

The basement is a mess and everything is constantly disorganized.

If you have problems getting your cgcs back or they are lost, no wonder.  You can contact him directly peter@paradisecomics.com

Welcome to the boards!

Their new eBay is taking a hit.

Everything is listed as "Hard to Find" or "Rare" or any of the other eBay catch phrases. No grades. No descriptions. They tell you to look at scans. 

If you have a question, they may or may not get back to you. 

Edited by Wall-Crawler

13 hours ago, Anony Mous said:

Peter admitted to me last month that he forgot to send in books to CGC 1 or 2 months late.

He does not care for comics anymore and is not accountable.  He also does not train or treat his staff respectfully.

If you have problems getting your cgcs back or they are lost, no wonder.  You can contact him directly peter@paradisecomics.com

Welcome to the boards Mr Mous and thanks for the info.  These problems will impact Paradise's business.

34 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Their new eBay is taking a hit.

Everything is listed as "Hard to Find" or "Rare" or any of the other eBay catch phrases. No grades. No descriptions. They tell you to look at scans. 

If you have a question, they may or may not get back to you. 

linky?

14 hours ago, Anony Mous said:

:hi: Andrew.  You should do a FDQ on the boards like you did on FB too :baiting: 

1 hour ago, Wall-Crawler said:

They ditched their old ebay user id (paradisecomics) that had thousands of feedback I think due to some reason...I think I read something about a "ebay technical issue"? Anyway, their new ebay user id: torontocomics

Thanks.  Pretty uninspiring ebay inventory for a legendary store.

7 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

They ditched their old ebay user id (paradisecomics) that had thousands of feedback I think due to some reason...I think I read something about a "ebay technical issue"? Anyway, their new ebay user id: torontocomics

Their Ebay sales were only showing on Ebay US