• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

I emailed CGC twice; once yesterday and once today. Still no response from them. I'm expecting/hoping an email to come tomorrow. Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me :(

Highly recommend just calling CGC. Option 1 for customer service and the wait is seconds to mins.  They've helpful and nice. Cynthia from CGC is helping me and she's very nice.  Calling them is not like calling a phone or cable company. It's been quick and pleasant so far!

I'm also waiting on a response from Peter & CGC. I'll be calling CGC tomorrow as well. Better business bureau has Paradise Comics rated as an A+...that's going to be changing soon. The thought that new & uninformed customers are probably still submitting through them as we speak makes me sick. Anyways, thanks for the updates and ideas @ComicArtAddict! Let's get our books back

Edited by J-Bird

5 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

I emailed CGC twice; once yesterday and once today. Still no response from them. I'm expecting/hoping an email to come tomorrow. Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me :(

I don't know why you're so patient to settle for an email.  Just pick up the phone and call CGC.  Someone always picks up on the other end and my questions have always been resolved promptly.

15 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I don't know why you're so patient to settle for an email.  Just pick up the phone and call CGC.  Someone always picks up on the other end and my questions have always been resolved promptly.

CGC just sent me an email. They told me to contact Paradise Comics. I have sent three e-mails to Paradise, one to their main store email, one to Kristina, and (just now) one to Peter.  

5 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

CGC just told me the same thing to contact Paradise for more information.  Hopefully I will hear back from Peter today.

Are you guys telling CGC the "story" though, that you have TRIED to get a response from Paradise and they are not getting back to you? You need to call CGC and tell them the story about what is going on with your books and why you are asking.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

29 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Are you guys telling CGC the "story" though, that you have TRIED to get a response from Paradise and they are not getting back to you? You need to call CGC and tell them the story about what is going on with your books and why you are asking.

Also, do you have your invoice numbers?

I have replied to CGC with the following:

Hi,

I submitted these books through Paradise Comics in Toronto.  They were submitted last July for San Diego comic con.  I have been trying to get a status on these books for weeks but Paradise has not been forthcoming with this information.  There currently is a thread on the CGC boards outlining the frustration some of us are facing over getting our books back in a timely manner from Paradise.

That is why I am writing to you directly to get a status on these invoices.  It has been very stressful and frustrating dealing with Paradise.  This should be brought up with a Senior Manager to try  and address CGC customer frustration over Paradise.

37 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

I have replied to CGC with the following:

Hi,

I submitted these books through Paradise Comics in Toronto.  They were submitted last July for San Diego comic con.  I have been trying to get a status on these books for weeks but Paradise has not been forthcoming with this information.  There currently is a thread on the CGC boards outlining the frustration some of us are facing over getting our books back in a timely manner from Paradise.

That is why I am writing to you directly to get a status on these invoices.  It has been very stressful and frustrating dealing with Paradise.  This should be brought up with a Senior Manager to try  and address CGC customer frustration over Paradise.

Don't want to harp on you, but that's a pretty lousy e-mail.  I see a good chance they just respond with, "please contact Paradise to work this out".  I read "last July for San Diego Comic Con", and I personally would think July 2017 to March 2018...with show return times, heavy summer volume, processing, if they were pressed and slow track Modern...yeah its excessive, but maybe possibly might be somewhat explainable. 

Details details details = better results.  Specify the following in any correspondence with CGC:

- The actual date(s) books were dropped off with Paradise
- Every single book that was dropped off (title, issue number, previously slabbed or not)
- Who was supposed to sign them (if they were SS)
- What tier they were submitted under
- Pressing or no?
- The CGC invoice number(s)

55 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Don't want to harp on you, but that's a pretty lousy e-mail.  I see a good chance they just respond with, "please contact Paradise to work this out".  I read "last July for San Diego Comic Con", and I personally would think July 2017 to March 2018...with show return times, heavy summer volume, processing, if they were pressed and slow track Modern...yeah its excessive, but maybe possibly might be somewhat explainable. 

Details details details = better results.  Specify the following in any correspondence with CGC:

- Every single book that was dropped off (title, issue number, previously slabbed or not)
- Pressing or no?

Also your name and address, because Paradise would need to have submitted it under your name at least in order for cgc to respond to you. The easiest thing to do is call cgc, say can I get an invoice # look-up, give them your invoice #'s, and when they ask, give them your name..... They need all this in order to justify giving you information.... the email is a little vague with no "real" info.... @Zevgoli

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

53 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

- Pressing or no?

The invoice numbers are part of the thread.

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Also your name and address, because Paradise would need to have submitted it under your name at least in order for cgc to respond to you. The easiest thing to do is call cgc, say can I get an invoice # look-up, give them your invoice #'s, and when they ask, give them your name..... They need all this in order justify giving you information.... the email is a little vague with no "real" info.... @Zevgoli

My name is on the email.