• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

I just talked to Someone at CGC.  It was confirmed that the books are at CGC but they are awaiting payment from Paradise to grade and release them.  This person also had a call from someone on Friday about Paradise under the same circumstances.  This person also said that no books have been shipped to Paradise since January of this year.  I will give Peter one month to get my books back to me then I will take him to small claims court for restitution if nothing is forthcoming.  Stay tuned.

10 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

I just talked to Someone at CGC.  It was confirmed that the books are at CGC but they are awaiting payment from Paradise to grade and release them.  This person also had a call from someone on Friday about Paradise under the same circumstances.  This person also said that no books have been shipped to Paradise since January of this year.  I will give Peter one month to get my books back to me then I will take him to small claims court for restitution if nothing is forthcoming.  Stay tuned.

So it’s all out on the table now eh ..... 

Wow 

3 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

I called CGC this morning and my book is in the grading room and will be arriving this week at Paradise. So I was able to verify what Peter told me via email.  I only have the one book with Paradise and personally I'll never go there again. I'll be using Carlos at Gotham Central from now on.

Heard about this specific CGC forum through someone at Toronto Comic Con having similiar issues.  I only jumped on this forum to give advice and allow other to follow my issues. I raised hell to get priority at Paradise and get my book found. It was literally not in CGC's records. Still don't have all the details as to what happened and probably never will.  CGC gives limited info on others accounts.  I promised Peter and his wife I'd remove my negative facebook feedback once this was resolved. So I held up my end and just deleted it. Others here may not agreewith it but I keep my word. Anyways my issues are resolved so I'm out of here. 

My advice is if you want your books back and you've been waiting way too long. Gather as much evidence as you can, leave negative reviews and submit a detailed email complaint to CGC. Better Business Bureau is also another route you can go. Didn't have to go that far but I have used them in the past with great success.

Stay strong everyone and best of luck!

This is why so many bad sellers continue to exist on places like eBay. Too often a buyer that is wronged fails to leave negative feedback once being made whole, leaving all future buyers the opportunity to step on the same landmine. 

Email to Peter:

Peter,

I just spoke to someone at CGC who informed me that they have my books but are awaiting payment from you to grade and release them.

I am extremely upset over this turn of events.  You have taken my money paid up front to use as you see fit for your own purposes.  This is unlawful and as such I will give you one month to get my books back graded and ready or I will take you to court and sue you for restitution and damages.  I know who will win here.  Please contact me ASAP with a solution to this issue.

Yours Sincerely, Howard 

11 minutes ago, darkstar said:

This is why so many bad sellers continue to exist on places like eBay. Too often a buyer that is wronged fails to leave negative feedback once being made whole, leaving all future buyers the opportunity to step on the same landmine. 

I haven't removed my CGC forum posts and anyone here can leave negative feedback for them like I did. I'm one of the few people that took it as far as I did. I've helped a few people through here with how to deal with this situation. My book is on it's way and like I said I'm a man of my word. Complaining on here will only get you so far. You have to take action.

47 minutes ago, revat said:

he essentially 'bribed/blackmailed' them to get his situation resolved faster.  After receiving his ransom, he paid up on his end of the deal.  Its a little libertarian, but I don't blame the guy.  After having spent so much time an energy on it, he might be happy to just never think about this incident again.  Kind of how the boards Probation List system works or most criminal situations involving theft or fraud.  Admittedly not perfect, but making victims 'whole' is viewed as more important the punitive action or even rehabilitation.

I made threats that Paradise must have thought were empty. I followed through with what I said I'd do and gave them an out. They took it and my book is on its way. Someone else has a review on their facebook leading to this forum and telling people to beware. Plus these forum posts are still here for everyone to read. I never said I'd remove these.

You're completely right I want this done with. Have a family and a busy life. Don't have the time or energy for this. I do wish everyone the best of luck.

That being said don't sit on getting your books back from Paradise. If you wait they may never come.

20 minutes ago, faster friends said:

So money was paid by the customer in good faith and yet the dealer did not pay CGC. Wow

Considering the fact that at least 6 separate customers who were missing books from Paradise found this thread on their own before it even had Paradise in the title, you can replace the singular customer with customers plural and likely extrapolate it out to be far more than a handful. All evidence points to grading and submission fees being used for other purposes as an interest free loan for at least several months. 

I am hoping that CGC steps in here to try and unravel this and get resolution because it does reflect on them as well.  They know that CGC customers are being cheated by Paradise and they should stop accepting books from them.

3 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:
4 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

I promised Peter and his wife I'd remove my negative facebook feedback once this was resolved. So I held up my end and just deleted it. Others here may not agreewith it but I keep my word. Anyways my issues are resolved so I'm out of here. 

:facepalm:

So Paradise is more concerned about negative feedback than communicating and resolving issues they've created.  Good to know.

Now that I think about it ....there was the odd time my books would take 6-7 months and I would go in to talk to Doug he would look into and my book would show up a week later....is it only people who complain or inquire that get their books ... this was a while back before this whole fiasco ... but it was while the renovations were happening ... 

This little scam has been going on a while 

3 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

I haven't removed my CGC forum posts and anyone here can leave negative feedback for them like I did. I'm one of the few people that took it as far as I did. I've helped a few people through here with how to deal with this situation. My book is on it's way and like I said I'm a man of my word. Complaining on here will only get you so far. You have to take action.

Couldn't agree more. Taking action means leaving a negative post on their Facebook page. Oh wait, you got what you want so no need to warn others. Despicable.