• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

I made threats that Paradise must have thought were empty. I followed through with what I said I'd do and gave them an out. They took it and my book is on its way. Someone else has a review on their facebook leading to this forum and telling people to beware. Plus these forum posts are still here for everyone to read. I never said I'd remove these.

You're completely right I want this done with. Have a family and a busy life. Don't have the time or energy for this. I do wish everyone the best of luck.

That being said don't sit on getting your books back from Paradise. If you wait they may never come.

Peter. gimme my books and I will do whatever you want! Yes, no need to warn others if I get MY book back. Disgusting.

Edited by icefires

On 02/02/2018 at 10:31 PM, J-Bird said:

Thanks Howard, that's great. I have a theory: could it be that Paradise is several months late paying CGC money owed for these large orders of books - resulting in CGC waiting for payment before processing? Or do stores have to pay upfront like the rest of us? I guess I'm asking if we helped pay for the renovations lol

Well, now I got my answer

46 minutes ago, icefires said:

Peter. gimme my books and I will do whatever you want! Yes, no need to warn others if I get MY book back. Disgusting.

Back off, ComicArtAddict is the only one to take this public so far. He did his part. There's over 100 others out there with late books that could step up now. 

6 minutes ago, Zevgoli said:

Oh ye of little faith.

Think about it - Peter put a rush on?  So he unilaterally twisted CGC’s arm till they agreed to quick fix his screw up?  Or more likely he paid up to Express your books because he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar again?

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Think about it - Peter put a rush on?  So he unilaterally twisted CGC’s arm till they agreed to quick fix his screw up?  Or more likely he paid up to Express your books because he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar again?

This.

8 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I also asked the person at CGC what is the best way to stage a formal complaint against Paradise and they said this thread is the best as CGC reads everything in it.

How much does reading everything pay and who is the HR employee that I file a complaint about back pay owed?

What I find interesting is that this here is the CGC comic forums.  Somebody (or probably a few somebodies) at CGC are reading everything in this thread.  

Edited by Senormac

10 hours ago, J-Bird said:

Back off, ComicArtAddict is the only one to take this public so far. He did his part. There's over 100 others out there with late books that could step up now. 

Uh, Brandon191 started this thread.

14 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I have just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over Paradise.  They have an A+ rating!!??

Not taking sides or singling any out, but the BBB has been brought up a couple of times already in this thread, and I think people here should take a good hard look at the BBB before suggesting it might be a remedy in situations like this. I'm in the reputation/crisis management industry, and the BBB is what I consider a "reputation attack" organization. The golden rule is never to give these types of organizations a cent of your money, because they give the industry a bad name. Yelp is pretty much cast from the same mold. Both the BBB and Yelp are happy to take complaints, but then they use these complaints as a way to obtain money from the organization, and what's important to understand is they do nothing to reconcile or remedy the original issue or complaint - they just use your grievance to hold a company's reputation hostage until they are paid to bury your complaint or review.

There are numerous organizations with tenfold negative reviews that still have a A+ rating. And to your point, the site is designed to appear as though they have a profile set-up for that business, but in actual fact, they aren't accredited (it says so right at the top). They are technically not members because they haven't paid into the scheme, and they use that A+ rating as bait to entice people who have been wronged to mar what appears to be a perfect reputation. Read the reviews on the BBB I posted above, and do a read through the minefield of search results on Yelp. These are not company's that should be propped-up as consumer protection remedies.

14 hours ago, icefires said:

Oh oh the trolls are out. What exactly have you done to help the situation. I'm gonna guess you aren't even from Toronto or been to Paradise. Just searching the cgc boards for people to troll. Your type is exactly the reason I have never used message boards.  I gave advice, some people have listened and they're getting their books back. I removed a review from Facebook which lost 10 billion in value this week that people are jumping like its the titanic. Where's your bad Paradise review? Oh I think your mom just called down to the basement. Dinner is ready.  Woddle up little man and don't forget to clean your room. Lame....:baiting:

7 hours ago, dOubleO said:

27 pages and no peep from CGC

I was expecting at least a message that they are taking this issue serious and will investigate further to get to the bottom of the issue.

But nothing... (shrug)

Why would you expect CGC to investigate? The books were either never submitted or they weren't paid for upon submission. Neither of those are CGC issues. 

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Why would you expect CGC to investigate? The books were either never submitted or they weren't paid for upon submission. Neither of those are CGC issues. 

But they are CGC issues.

CGC clearly knows there is a problem with Paradise.  I would minimally expect that there have been some "behind the scenes" conversations as this hurts CGC's reputation directly as well.  One of the issues pointed out is that customers are led to believe the delay is on CGC's end and that negatively impacts them.  How many customers are just assuming now that "CGC takes forever" and may never sub again or try the competition?

Also, it is CGC who grants Paradise "authorized dealer" status.  What are they doing to hold Paradise to standard? 

17 hours ago, Zevgoli said:

I have just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over Paradise.  They have an A+ rating!!??

I believe if a company accepts a resolution from the BBB and follows through they maintain a good rating.  If they ignored BBB and don't resolve the issue their rating drops.

7 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

But they are CGC issues.

CGC clearly knows there is a problem with Paradise.  I would minimally expect that there have been some "behind the scenes" conversations as this hurts CGC's reputation directly as well.  One of the issues pointed out is that customers are led to believe the delay is on CGC's end and that negatively impacts them.  How many customers are just assuming now that "CGC takes forever" and may never sub again or try the competition?

Also, it is CGC who grants Paradise "authorized dealer" status.  What are they doing to hold Paradise to standard? 

No, they aren't CGC issues since CGC didn't screw up. There is no need for them to publicly respond, since the people with complaints in this thread didn't submit their books directly (they used a third party) and were not wronged by CGC. Outside of publicly acknowledging that they either never received the books (which is problematic since most of the aggrieved can't produce an invoice for CGC to verify) or that the third party who did submit them is a deadbeat who can't pay his bills, what sort of response do you expect from them on the forum? 

Also, Paradise Comics isn't listed on CGC's Authorized Dealer page. And any "behind the scenes" conversations aren't going to be made public either since they're "behind the scenes"...

Just now, darkstar said:

No, they aren't CGC issues since CGC didn't screw up. There is no need for them to publicly respond, since the people with complaints in this thread didn't submit their books directly (they used a third party) and were not wronged by CGC. Outside of publicly acknowledging that they either never received the books (which is problematic since most of the aggrieved can't produce an invoice for CGC to verify) or that the third party who did submit them is a deadbeat who can't pay his bills, what sort of response do you expect from them on the forum? 

Also, Paradise Comics isn't listed on CGC's Authorized Dealer page. And any "behind the scenes" conversations aren't going to be made public either since they're "behind the scenes"...

I'd agree 100% that CGC didn't screw up and is therefore not liable, nor do they bear any responsibility to publicly respond. That being said, I'd think that they'd have some concern that the dubious actions of a submitter could be affecting their bottom line, specifically meaning it's increasingly looking like a dealer is running a ponzi scheme and then letting CGC bear the blame for not turning the books around quick enough. Even if they don't have to say anything, I think they'd at least be PO'd enough to take some sort of action.

11 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I don't expect CGC to say what (if any) conversations they are having but saying *something* might be better than nothing. 

When their (Paradise) website was up I *think* it use to say something that they were an authorized dealer or largest submitter of CGC books in Canada or something like that...So apologies if no longer listed but I think at one point they were? Anyway, doesn't really matter. Whether authorized dealer or not, CGC still has control over how their services are perceived and being delivered. 

While not directly at fault, their (CGC) reputation is taking a hit based on how the delay is being presented to customers you would think they would want that dealt with...I would imagine CGC does have a few options, imagine if they came out and said that they are no longer accepting submissions from Paradise until the problems/back log is cleared up. They could do that. 

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I'd agree 100% that CGC didn't screw up and is therefore not liable, nor do they bear any responsibility to publicly respond. That being said, I'd think that they'd have some concern that the dubious actions of a submitter could be affecting their bottom line, specifically meaning it's increasingly looking like a dealer is running a ponzi scheme and then letting CGC bear the blame for not turning the books around quick enough. Even if they don't have to say anything, I think they'd at least be PO'd enough to take some sort of action.

This.

2 hours ago, ComicArtAddict said:

Oh oh the trolls are out. What exactly have you done to help the situation. I'm gonna guess you aren't even from Toronto or been to Paradise. Just searching the cgc boards for people to troll. Your type is exactly the reason I have never used message boards.  I gave advice, some people have listened and they're getting their books back. I removed a review from Facebook which lost 10 billion in value this week that people are jumping like its the titanic. Where's your bad Paradise review? Oh I think your mom just called down to the basement. Dinner is ready.  Woddle up little man and don't forget to clean your room. Lame....:baiting:

You caved unnecessarily and without concern for others who might be screwed by Paradise in the future. You effectively (to take it to an extreme, admittedly) sold them out just so you could get your own book back, screw the other guys who'll get baited. People need to know about this, but you're right, we can't do much, it has to be customers giving this feedback publicly. Customers like.... oh, YOU! 

Not cool. Not good for the comics community. 

*shrugs*

Sorry, but that's my opinion.