• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is a year too long for my book to be delivered from Paradise Comics?
7 7

852 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

I think just a poor decision regarding "promotional images"....

I mean, you gotta be a pretty dumb social manager to think that would be okay.  But I guess it's all just par for the course for Paradise Comics.

3 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Why would you guess hacking... That is clearly Kristina... 

I dunno who Kristina is.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

I mean, you gotta be a pretty dumb social manager to think that would be okay.  But I guess it's all just par for the course for Paradise Comics.

I dunno who Kristina is.  (shrug)

Pete's (paradise owner) other half... The female in the photo with her right inflatable poking out. 

Was deleted from Facebook early this morning and then a few hours later removed from Ig. 

They defended the Ig last night saying they were intending to sell the aprons... 

3 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Pete's (paradise owner) other half... The female in the photo with her right inflatable poking out. 

Was deleted from Facebook early this morning and then a few hours later removed from Ig. 

They defended the Ig last night saying they were intending to sell the aprons... 

Paradise Lost.......

I recently was looking at the authorized dealer's section in Canada and Paradise Comics was NOT on that list!! I think they are no longer authorized to deal with CGC and cannot submit books on behalf of a customer! That is some sweet, yummy, justice :) 

Edited by Spawn1709

I too am waiting for some books to come back, and its been more than 12 months.  I have emailed them, called them, and facebooked them... NOTHING.  No real answers... Just a bunch of BS.  I will NEVER go back to this place if/when my books come back. I will also take them to court if it gets to the 24 month mark. 

3 hours ago, Estee said:

I too am waiting for some books to come back, and its been more than 12 months.  I have emailed them, called them, and facebooked them... NOTHING.  No real answers... Just a bunch of BS.  I will NEVER go back to this place if/when my books come back. I will also take them to court if it gets to the 24 month mark. 

I would recommend going into the store in person. That's what got them to speed things up with me. 

On 7/9/2018 at 7:38 PM, Spawn1709 said:

I recently was looking at the authorized dealer's section in Canada and Paradise Comics was NOT on that list!! I think they are no longer authorized to deal with CGC and cannot submit books on behalf of a customer! That is some sweet, yummy, justice :) 

I wonder, if this is true and they've been using money from current customer to pay CGC bills for older customers...what happens to those who paid upfront but Paradise is unable to procure signatures for them?  (this is all theoretical)  I really hope you guys left negative feedback on their various social media platforms to save future customers from the same headache you've had to endure.

15 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I wonder, if this is true and they've been using money from current customer to pay CGC bills for older customers...what happens to those who paid upfront but Paradise is unable to procure signatures for them?  (this is all theoretical)  I really hope you guys left negative feedback on their various social media platforms to save future customers from the same headache you've had to endure.

That's what is called a Ponzi Scheme.

5 minutes ago, Ladic said:

That's what is called a Ponzi Scheme.

But I mean, if they are no longer listed as an authorized dealer, they technically aren't supposed to be submitting books for customers.  Which means if they continue to accept books now, they're technically unable to procure sigs for those new customers as they're unlicensed so to speak.  I suppose they could still get sigs and just claim it's for themselves.  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what it means to be an authorized dealer.  (shrug)

54 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I have left negative feedback on multiple social media sites. I'm also not sure if they are certified dealers. On their website, it says that they can verify a book for signature series at conventions.

Since this thread never seems to go away and people keep submitting comics thru Paradise Comics to be signed by whomever regardless and you're asking my opinion in the tread title, I'll respond: I think 5 - 7 years is a reasonable time. Might we revisit this in, say, 2023?

Edited by NoMan
Thought about it more and 5 - 7 years seems more better

I think the people who have been aggrieved or are being aggrieved should actually file as many complaints as possible with CGC detailing their interactions, so that Paradise will hopefully no longer be authorized to do anything with/for CGC, as a dealer, submitter, witness, second baseman, personal chef, tattoo artist...NOTHING!

Although you'd think it would have been enough by now...

2 hours ago, revat said:

I think the people who have been aggrieved or are being aggrieved should actually file as many complaints as possible with CGC detailing their interactions, so that Paradise will hopefully no longer be authorized to do anything with/for CGC, as a dealer, submitter, witness, second baseman, personal chef, tattoo artist...NOTHING!

Although you'd think it would have been enough by now...

This.  I spoke to CGC customer service about a separate issue and somehow got sidetracked and mentioned Paradise Comics in passing as an example of poor service from some dealers and the response from the rep was almost like "that's the first I've heard."  I even mentioned there was a lengthy thread and she suggested I formally put it in writing and have it submitted to the customer service manager.  I really don't think there are that many people that file any grievances with CGC regarding facilitators/dealers.