• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #1

8 posts in this topic

I'm a newbie so i would pay more attention to what other people say.....that being said here's my opinion...He did give u a grade ..he said mint..that's him telling u this is a 9.9  First thing is when a seller tells u he wants to sell u a Mint  9.9 comic book I  assume he doesn't know what he's talking about or he's just driving up the price on u. Now there r 9.9's out there but i'm assuming they r so rare that the chances go way down low. If the comic book is already not certified. I would think if it was a 9.9 he would get it certified and just charge u a lot more money based on his slabbed 9.9      Now we need 2 c more pictures ....can't really c the 2 bottom front corners and there's no picture of the back ..which is very important 2.  Based on what I c it looks like a rather large tic next to where it say's copyright.....that I believe would rule out 9.8  near mint / mint  and i would think drop it below 9.6 near mint +   which would put it around 9.4 NM near mint. Now the book does look incredible and I hope u got it 4 a good price. The corners and spine look great and cover appears to b spotless. Sure it could b a 9.6 but i need a better look at that tic...if it is indeed one.

p.s. like i said pay more attention to what the others say....... When i hear a seller describe a book as mint that sets off  Red Flag's for me.

14 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

I'm a newbie so i would pay more attention to what other people say.....that being said here's my opinion...He did give u a grade ..he said mint..that's him telling u this is a 9.9  First thing is when a seller tells u he wants to sell u a Mint  9.9 comic book I  assume he doesn't know what he's talking about or he's just driving up the price on u. Now there r 9.9's out there but i'm assuming they r so rare that the chances go way down low. If the comic book is already not certified. I would think if it was a 9.9 he would get it certified and just charge u a lot more money based on his slabbed 9.9      Now we need 2 c more pictures ....can't really c the 2 bottom front corners and there's no picture of the back ..which is very important 2.  Based on what I c it looks like a rather large tic next to where it say's copyright.....that I believe would rule out 9.8  near mint / mint  and i would think drop it below 9.6 near mint +   which would put it around 9.4 NM near mint. Now the book does look incredible and I hope u got it 4 a good price. The corners and spine look great and cover appears to b spotless. Sure it could b a 9.6 but i need a better look at that tic...if it is indeed one.

p.s. like i said pay more attention to what the others say....... When i hear a seller describe a book as mint that sets off  Red Flag's for me.

I see that tic you are referring to. I also see another tic farther down the spine. Maybe 9.6, probably 9.4, assuming everything else is perfect. Definitely not 'mint', a very loose term thrown out by  some sellers.

Run from anyone who tries to sell a book as "mint" unless it's already been graded. 

Edited by newshane