• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Captain America Comics #22!

18 posts in this topic

Bright flat book with very nice colors. Couple of flaws;

-- Staple added in the middle of the spine
-- Discreet 2" spine split at the bottom (cover wrap only)
-- Very tiny corner chips missing on pages in the front that disappear as you go back. Book is cream/offwhite and pages are quite supple overall.

Other than that it's what you see. Thanks all!

captainamerica22.jpg.e981124ec0a6278f7ab69d40bcd95dee.jpg

captainamerica22back.jpg.377f9fd2e147467af573a87c1eae386a.jpg

5 hours ago, AJD said:

I don't know how to grade this one. Is the extra staple and/or tape actually holding the cover on, or would it be attached by the production staples?

I think the added staple is replacing the production staple that used to be there (single staple wartime book). So yes, the new staple looks to be holding the cover on. The tape doesn't seem to be doing much.

Wow those colors pop. I am easier on GA, due to CGC old practices (not sure f they still treat them easier). I am going 3.5 , I almost want to go 4.0 Apparent. 

Edited by mdean2437
Noticed the tape and added staple comment. Added Apperent

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

that is a great action cover (thumbsu

Syd Shores art! Tremendously gifted with action anatomy. Look at the positioning of Cap's feet, the inward turn, the matching degree of turn in each leg at the knees each knee perfectly positioned as suggested by the angle of Cap's uppercut, and the hips transferred from that uppercut delivered in that position down to the lower body right to his toes, it's all anatomically perfect. Even the correct angles suggest more of an actual live actor still than a drawn character. This is a consistent feature in Shores' work, a very, very talented action cartoonist.