• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leading Comics #1 Please help a homie out

10 posts in this topic

would you try to get it cleaned and pressed? maybe just cleaned?

I have thought about conservation because it is just a cool book.  It may not be poular, but 1 Green Arrow cover, his 2nd app, 1st vilgante and GA cover. Thanks,

Marcus

4 minutes ago, mdean2437 said:

would you try to get it cleaned and pressed? maybe just cleaned?

I have thought about conservation because it is just a cool book.  It may not be poular, but 1 Green Arrow cover, his 2nd app, 1st vilgante and GA cover. Thanks,

Marcus

Definitely way cool! :cool: 

It's a Golden age veteran who survived the battle of time intact. My suggestion is to enjoy it as it is. My suggestion is to forego the cleaning and pressing. An unnecessary moot point.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Definitely way cool! :cool: 

It's a Golden age veteran who survived the battle of time intact. My suggestion is to enjoy it as it is. My suggestion is to forego the cleaning and pressing. An unnecessary moot point.

Should I get it conserved?  I dont want it to keep deteriating

2 minutes ago, mdean2437 said:

I wouldn't. Acid-free board, archival mylar, climate controlled environment, cool, dark place (62 to 75 degrees = a place that is thermostatically controlled), you're good to go for a long, long time.

Edited by James J Johnson

4 hours ago, mdean2437 said:

And one important detail. Don't store books like this (thickness, size, possible weak edges susceptible to sloughing off with contact) in Golden age mylars. That sometimes requires "shoe-horning" the book into the mylar. Instead, a books like this you want to store in a magazine-size mylar and board. That will be tight enough to gently pinch it in place, preventing movement, but not be so snug that it's an adventure getting it in and out of the mylar, thereby making it a fearful operation to enjoy it just removing it for gentle handling.