• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM IH 180 CGC Grade now revealed

13 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, mdean2437 said:

Since I can show the grade I will wait 24 hours or so before the reveal. If you can't wait just PM me. 

If you all prefer more time let me know. 

lf-15.jpg

lf-22.jpg

Based on only being able to see a few minor spine stresses and a flake line projecting upward from the top staple, my feeling is at least 9.0, and if that's all there is, 9.2.

very few tiny tics .......the corners r amazing..........i have a lot of these old Hulks and they don't retain color 2 well but this 1 sure seems 2...... I can't get over the back...it looks like it came out yesterday and u picked it up. I have 2 believe this is a 9.2    If this was a 9.4 that would b insane.....I think it goes down to a 9.0 before it gets a 9.4

22 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

very few tiny tics .......the corners r amazing..........i have a lot of these old Hulks and they don't retain color 2 well but this 1 sure seems 2...... I can't get over the back...it looks like it came out yesterday and u picked it up. I have 2 believe this is a 9.2    If this was a 9.4 that would b insane.....I think it goes down to a 9.0 before it gets a 9.4

This is the nicest 180 I've seen on the defect scale and on the production level in quite some time. Like AS 129, the production on these left a lot to be desired.

Even if it did slab as low as 9.0, and probably a 9.2, it'll bring a 9.4 GP price on Ebay with large, clear scans. The ones that care more about the book than the label will lock horns over it, and those that don't recognize the diamonds in the ruff will be left scratching their heads wondering how a 9.0 or 9.2 could bring a 9.4 price. This is one of those exceptions rather than the rule.

16 minutes ago, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

Nice and Insane...its good to know a book that looks like it could b a 9.4   gets graded as a 9.4   I always assume a lesser grade because it seems like these new graders that have been hired on at CGC have made there reputation by being quite critical in there certifying. 

I think sometimes these large scans make book look worse than they are.  It looks a lot better in person.