• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I re-bag my comics which I received by direct mail?

3 posts in this topic

Question - I recently came across some comic books I forgot I had, that were all direct mailings from Marvel.  They are all unopened, still in the wrap, with their board.

I am wondering if I should remove them from the sealed package and re-bag them with my normal bag & board method?

- Thanks!

If you're goal is to someday resell them, you might as well keep them in the packaging.  There's not a ton of benefit to opening them if you don't intend to read them or get them graded.  To protect them though you could probably put them in a silver age bag with another board.

I would rebag them.

I've bought multiple lots of these things still in the bag. The board used for shipping is junk and the plastic is not archival. I would suggest putting them into a fresh bag with new board when it is convenient for you. It adds no resale value, in fact it detracts from the value because now customers can't see the defects (or lack of defects) because it is still in plastic with a board covering one side. These are also known to pick up creases when they were shipped to you so if I wanted the copy, I would assume it is 9.0-9.2 and offer a price based on that when you may actually have a 9.4 or better.