• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite "Strong Man" or "Strong Woman," and why?
2 2

121 posts in this topic

Alright, boardies.

Supes.  Hulkster.  She-Hulk. Thing. Ms. Marvel. Supergirl.  Savage Dragon. Colossus.  Marv. Bane. Juggernaut. Rogue.  Namor.  The list goes on and on.

Who's your personal favorite(s), and why? 

Reasons can be anything that floats your boat, i.e. need not be "because strongest."

Edited by Key Collector Comics

This one's a toughie !  Dunno why but I've always been partial to Colossus, he of the "6 out of 7" rating in the ol' Marvel cards. 

Can hold his own against anyone yet at a slight disadvantage to the Hulks and Thors of the universe.  Gets his arse whupped at times but never for lack of trying.

This is a tough one, but I've got to go with Thing. I've loved the FF since I was literally a child, and I fell in love with both the brusque Lee/Kirby Thing, and the kinder and gentler, 'uncle you'd love to have' Thing in the 'current' DeFalco and Ryan series of the time. 

My second choice would be Colossus. His character was one I only really knew (when I was a kid getting into comics) as a conflicted traitor who'd tragically lost his sister, but over time I got to know the 'full' character thanks to reprints and his return to the X-Men. While it was a horrible storyline, I still have a soft spot for Uncanny #390 (I think that's the issue) where he sacrifices himself to end the Legacy Virus. I can appreciate the plethora of story holes and conveniences, but the issue still hits me in the feels. He's a great character, undoubtedly one of Marvel's most fleshed-out and developed, thanks to Claremont and co. 

4 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

My second choice would be Colossus. His character was one I only really knew (when I was a kid getting into comics) as a conflicted traitor who'd tragically lost his sister, but over time I got to know the 'full' character thanks to reprints and his return to the X-Men. While it was a horrible storyline, I still have a soft spot for Uncanny #390 (I think that's the issue) where he sacrifices himself to end the Legacy Virus. I can appreciate the plethora of story holes and conveniences, but the issue still hits me in the feels. He's a great character, undoubtedly one of Marvel's most fleshed-out and developed, thanks to Claremont and co. 

This reminded me about another of my all-time favourite characters with super-strength, Ferro Lad of the Legion of Super-Heroes, one with an equally tragic history, and an influence on Colossus for Dave Cockrum.

9 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

This is a tough one, but I've got to go with Thing. I've loved the FF since I was literally a child, and I fell in love with both the brusque Lee/Kirby Thing, and the kinder and gentler, 'uncle you'd love to have' Thing in the 'current' DeFalco and Ryan series of the time. 

These two are mine, only reversed.  A giant dude made out of metal who doesn't really want to hurt anyone, and an artist? Pretty awesome.

And I liked Thing because he was always game, no matter whether he was overmatched or not.

Kind of odd that I liked the big guys, because I'm the opposite.  Shoulda been a Wolverine fan really.

31 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Hulk by a mile though Thanos is a tough evil bugger, will take 20 odd super heroes and two movies to beat him

Yes. 5a6cbcade61a4_imageproxy(2).gif.6c9bbd4407a85b750ab7659cf8d72f3b.gif

12 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

Hulk because I only wish I got stronger with anger too; makes me believe his strength is limitless

Yes. It is. 5a6cbcade61a4_imageproxy(2).gif.6c9bbd4407a85b750ab7659cf8d72f3b.gif

1 hour ago, newshane said:

I don't see how it's possible to pick anyone other than Hulk.

The thread would be no fun if everyone did it. :smile:

Someone's got to be relatively obscure, for balance.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The thread would be no fun if everyone did it. :smile:

Someone's got to be relatively obscure.

No. 5a6ccecf7b888_imageproxy(2).gif.892b996c52fa10217382bc1a60f299f2.gif