• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite "Strong Man" or "Strong Woman," and why?
2 2

121 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Batman said:

Oh, please. Supes could pound the tar out of Hulk...

Heh heh, Batman make funny joke. Hulk like funny joke. But if Hulk has cause to think Batman is being serious - the same Batman who beat up on Supes in BvS, then Hulk will smash!  Hulk.gif.2773a480c64bbca563a45b7657c27c00.gif

On 1/28/2018 at 9:07 AM, Batman said:

Oh, please. Supes could pound the tar out of Hulk...

Superman by a mile :)   Such a better character than the Hulk ...... IMO of course.  Plus this fight was settled in DC vs Marvel :)   Plus wouldn't Doomsday also clean the Hulk's clock?

Would also second Darkseid (you know the guy that Marvel basically copied to make Thanos :)) and if he fits then the Silver Surfer (although not really a "strong" type of hero (more just powerful) but someone said Iron Man so ..........).

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

My favorite strongman The God of Thunder!

Thor.

d98b4a34aea9845b7a6b63f29a80e6c1--thor-film-free-pics.jpg

Good choice, but Odin’s supposed to be even harder.

Not that you’d guess it from the film version.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:12 AM, Marwood & I said:

Heh heh, Batman make funny joke. Hulk like funny joke. But if Hulk has cause to think Batman is being serious - the same Batman who beat up on Supes in BvS, then Hulk will smash!  Hulk.gif.2773a480c64bbca563a45b7657c27c00.gif

As much as I love the Hulk, & he is the strongest one there is, Silver Age Superman was so incredibly strong he could move planets around like they were baseballs!

Gotta go with Silver Age Supes!!!

12 minutes ago, comics4all said:

As much as I love the Hulk, & he is the strongest one there is, Silver Age Superman was so incredibly strong he could move planets around like they were baseballs!

Gotta go with Silver Age Supes!!!

why not go with Galactus, then? He didn't just move planets-- he ate them

For me it has always been Thor. I just like the way he conducts himself. There is strength in character that should also be considered imo. Hulk smashes everything but look at the damage he leaves behind. Who is going to pay to fix that? Not the Hulk-- he barely wears pants - forget carrying a wallet or having a freaking job. Don't get me wrong- I like the Hulk but he needs to reign it in sometimes. Also-- Thor is a god. He would have been a great Ghostbuster so when the lady asks "Are you a god?" He could legitimately say, "yes-- yes I am a god".

And let's not forget--- If the Hulk were the strongest, he could pick up Thor's hammer. He cannot. Well unless he cheats and Thor let's him or some magic spell gets cast or some other nonsense. The kind of nonsense that let Superman have all the power in the world (sort of like Galactus).

If we are talking cosmic level, in online lists The One Above All often gets picked as the most powerful Marvel character.

I remember a Fantastic Four comic in which he appeared to the team in the form of Jack Kirby.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, newshane said:

I don't see how it's possible to pick anyone other than Hulk.

Favorite, not strongest.

When my boy was about 5 or so, I showed him the cover to Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 4. :)

On 1/29/2018 at 11:54 PM, 01TheDude said:

For me it has always been Thor. I just like the way he conducts himself. There is strength in character that should also be considered imo. Hulk smashes everything but look at the damage he leaves behind. Who is going to pay to fix that? Not the Hulk-- he barely wears pants - forget carrying a wallet or having a freaking job. Don't get me wrong- I like the Hulk but he needs to reign it in sometimes. Also-- Thor is a god. He would have been a great Ghostbuster so when the lady asks "Are you a god?" He could legitimately say, "yes-- yes I am a god".

And let's not forget--- If the Hulk were the strongest, he could pick up Thor's hammer. He cannot. Well unless he cheats and Thor let's him or some magic spell gets cast or some other nonsense. The kind of nonsense that let Superman have all the power in the world (sort of like Galactus).

Agreed. Hulk or Superman cannot pick up the hammer. Only Thor is worthy.

[IMG]

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:54 AM, 01TheDude said:

Probably because this thread is who's your favourite strong man/woman, not which character has the biggest appetite...

19 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

"I am dying."

It's inevitable with his diet that, sooner or later, he would develop severe constipation.

38 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

How much gluten is in a planet?

Being intolerant of it myself, that's a frightening thought.  :whatthe:

If we work with the idea of a gluten-intolerant Galactus, then there’s the prospect of an explosive follow-through and flatus shockwave on a planet-destroying level.

It would've been interesting to see Kirby's visual interpretation of that.

Edited by Ken Aldred