• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOOD YOU PGM: RIFLEMAN #10
2 2

20 posts in this topic

Obvious pen mark on cover, tear at staples, spine ticks, blunted edges, small chip out at bottom seam of Chuck's pants.

long crease on back cover starting a yelling kid's hat on left thru the "zone" on coupon/length of book. pages O/W, centerfold loose at bottom staple.

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.thumb.jpg.75807a52c41647372bb89878ef656484.jpg

scan0013.thumb.jpg.75807a52c41647372bb89878ef656484.jpg

scan0011.jpg

Edited by Philreal
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING......

that pen mark really stands out.....bummer...but the cover looks pretty solid..the crease on the back sucks but its pretty faint...It looks like a 5.0 but with that crease on the back even though its very faint it does cover about half the length of the back...I just don't know if  it can b a 5.0 with that crease so i'm gonna say 4.5    

On 1/27/2018 at 12:37 AM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

It looks like a 5.0 but with that crease on the back even though its very faint it does cover about half the length of the back...I just don't know if  it can b a 5.0 with that crease so i'm gonna say 4.5    

+1 (thumbsu

I have logged a number of hours grading. I feel like I might branch off from the majority here. I would have responded sooner, but I could not log in. And normally I would be laying down right now, for rest. But I don't want to leaf everyone in suspense as to what I think. My grade may not be too poplar here but I think the pen mark and spine wear, along with a crease on the back are the roots of the problem here.

I don't think this will stump too many people....CGC 6.0

But again, the PEN IS the biggest issue here, condition wise. 

Edited by comicginger1789

On 1/28/2018 at 12:01 AM, James J Johnson said:
On 1/26/2018 at 10:25 PM, divad said:

That's some lumber! :gossip:

It certainly is a lot of lumber! And as a Johnson, the reason why I felt it appropriate to recuse myself from participating in a thread with this much wood. ;)

I was at a local comic book convention this past weekend and saw a copy of this book on a dealer wall.  Asked him to pull it down and he told me that it was probably a G/VG copy, but the owner still wanted something like $900 CDN for the book because of the classic cover image.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I was at a local comic book convention this past weekend and saw a copy of this book on a dealer wall.  Asked him to pull it down and he told me that it was probably a G/VG copy, but the owner still wanted something like $900 CDN for the book because of the classic cover image.  :screwy:

You can buy a CGC 4.5 for around $400 (which is what, $530ish Canadian)?

That is better graded than this raw. If he wanted to actually sell that book, should have had half that price on it. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

For $6.00 you can relish in and feast your eyes on that classic cover image each and every time you raid your refrigerator.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Rifleman-10-Dell-Comic-Book-2-X-3-Fridge-Magnet-Chuck-Connors/184121138191?hash=item2ade799c0f:g:L9kAAOSwUwla2l~4

Not to derail the thread but has there ever been an interview with anyone about this? And other "risque" or "innuendo" covers? Maybe back then minds were not as in the gutter? It would be interesting to know when a book like this gained collectability. Surely not instantly. Ditto for some Archie covers like the "beat off three guys" and "pearl necklace" covers.