• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Brock said:

I'll take that bet... I'd put money on Captain Marvel being Marvel's "first female super-heroine movie".

I'll also bet that they cast Brie Larson in the role and release the movie on March 8, 2019.

Just a hunch...

If we're on the same page, that's who I meant, Carol Danvers the original Ms. Marvel #1 comic who's debut was in the 70's. 

I forgot there is a recent new Ms. Marvel and there is no way she'll be featured.

But comic-wise, Ms. Marvel #1 (1975) is a comic I believe is still undervalued.  

They already have a release date for the movie?

Edited by Mjolnir!

On January 27, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Brian48 said:

Well, it's a key to me.  

image.jpeg

why is this a key? sorry for asking, I honestly don't know.Just finished reading (for the first time) 1-10. Amazing stuff. When Wrigtson left after issue 10 tho it crashed hard. 

13 minutes ago, NoMan said:

why is this a key? sorry for asking, I honestly don't know.Just finished reading (for the first time) 1-10. Amazing stuff. When Wrigtson left after issue 10 tho it crashed hard. 

Is any character's first meeting with Batman automatically a "key"? ;)

2 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

When was it debunked? Chris Claremont and John Byrne had retroactively established it as canon in MTU #64 and GCD's listing for MTU #1 still says it's her first appearance.

The problem is, that neither Claremont or Byrne had anything to do with Marvel Team-Up #1 or her true 1st appearance in Marvel Premiere #21. The only thing the woman in MTU #1 had in common with Misty Knight is that she was black and had an afro. It would be like one of today's writers, picking out a scene in an early Superman comic where he rescues a dark haired man, then retro fitting that it was Bruce Wayne.

2 hours ago, adampasz said:

Is any character's first meeting with Batman automatically a "key"? ;)

That.  Also, up to this point, I don't believe it was official that Swamp Thing was part of the same DC universe.  Book was reprinted in the oversized edition: Batman's Strangest Cases.  This was my first exposure to it and it's been reprinted a few times since. 

On 1/28/2018 at 8:52 PM, Brian48 said:

I've been seeking reasonably priced copies of Vampire Tales #2 (first Satana) for a little while now, but I think it might have caught on with other folks as well. Graded copies are priced way, way above of what you'd might expect. 

Those 70's Marvel horror mags are tough in nigh grade, I did manage to get a sweet Vampire Tales #1 just before the price spike.

Speaking of Satana, don't snooze on Marvel Premiere #27 - her first solo comic. They're cheap for now

On 1/28/2018 at 7:56 PM, NoMan said:

It hurts my feelings that you guys don't like MP 47. I love AntMan. I bought a MP 47 in 9.8 WP for like $550.00. (I seem to be the only one dumb enough to say what I actually spent on certain comics.)

I was hoping to sell if for 3k by the time of the new AntMan movie and finally say good bye to all you 4th graders. Come to think of it I have a 9.2 pedigree one, too. Some kinda pedigree up in Canada, the Montatumbo pedigree or something. I gotta a COA to prove to ya'll  

Yeah, I just checked GPA, another colossal NoMan failure.  Good thing I like these comics

Y'all. Short for "you all". The apostrophe takes place of the letters that are removed. 

Another key book IMHO that could be undervalued is Special Marvel Edition #15. 

This is the first appearance of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu.  

I suspect sooner or later he will show-up on one of the Marvel Netflix shows.  Possibly during Iron Fist second series?

Of course this is all speculation.  I can't believe what this book recently sold for on E-bay.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Special-Marvel-Edition-15-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-First-Appearance-Shang-Chi/132421893801?hash=item1ed4f5bea9:g:uLMAAOSwGPxaJHCC

A book that is not considered a key (and is arguably Silver Age), so is way undervalued, is Brave and the Bold #85. 

Almost everything comic fans associate with Green Arrow comes from this total redesign. New costume, new look with the beard, totally new attitude. He's essentially written as an entirely different character from this point forward, and almost nothing about the previous version remains. Because he's still called "Oliver Queen," though, this one is overlooked, which seems like a major oversight. 

Brave_and_the_Bold_Vol_1_85.jpg

16 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Y'all. Short for "you all". The apostrophe takes place of the letters that are removed. 

Sure, but ya'll could be short for "Yes, all y'all". Or would that be y'a'll?

After awhile, it all starts to look like Hebrew.

1 hour ago, Crimebuster said:

A book that is not considered a key (and is arguably Silver Age), so is way undervalued, is Brave and the Bold #85. 

Almost everything comic fans associate with Green Arrow comes from this total redesign. New costume, new look with the beard, totally new attitude. He's essentially written as an entirely different character from this point forward, and almost nothing about the previous version remains. Because he's still called "Oliver Queen," though, this one is overlooked, which seems like a major oversight. 

Brave_and_the_Bold_Vol_1_85.jpg

I am not sure that it is really undervalued any longer. The book fetches some decent prices in high grade.

On 29/01/2018 at 11:31 PM, the blob said:

Thor 339. 1st Nidhogg. Might be in the next Thor movie. I have extras if anyone is looking...

He's no Fin Fang Foom. 

Nidhogg vs Fin Fang Foom, though?  hm

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

The whole horror magazine genre is way underpriced.

How is that people will pay astronomical prices for any given Walking Dead book , but not want these books. Or an EC collector not dig them. It's beyond me.

Don't listen to him, keep buying over priced Walking dead books and third appearances of second and third rate characters, Oh!  And Nidhogg, whoever the :censored: he is.