• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2018 at 11:09 PM, Brian48 said:

I just realized I haven't mentioned this one. Still cheap (comparatively speaking). Only a matter of time before another movie comes out.  

con1.1894a.jpg

Looks like an Amazon TV series is in the works for Conan so there may be potential for Red Sonja as well.

On January 30, 2018 at 11:51 PM, Mjolnir! said:

Another key book IMHO that could be undervalued is Special Marvel Edition #15. 

This is the first appearance of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu.  

I suspect sooner or later he will show-up on one of the Marvel Netflix shows.  Possibly during Iron Fist second series?

Of course this is all speculation.  I can't believe what this book recently sold for on E-bay.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Special-Marvel-Edition-15-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-First-Appearance-Shang-Chi/132421893801?hash=item1ed4f5bea9:g:uLMAAOSwGPxaJHCC

Agree with Mjolnir. Also, looks like brother voodoo's first is similar to Shang chi. Those two seem to be heating up for some reason.  

7 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

I say THOR 337! Great cover and I will lay even money Beta appears in the next THOR movie. Maybe even in Infinity War! Still affordable. I am buying all the high grade raw copies I can get.

thor-337.jpg

Always considered this a copper book.

I'm always shocked how cheap Marvel Team Up 65 is.  2 first appearances (US at least) and I can see both character popping at one point in the future. 

50 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I'm always shocked how cheap Marvel Team Up 65 is.  2 first appearances (US at least) and I can see both character popping at one point in the future. 

That Byrne run on Marvel Team-Up is cheap and had a bunch of noteworthy stuff. Cap Britain, Arcade, Daughters of the Dragon (1st in comic form), the Warlock book with the Gardener and Infinity stones. Really nice under rated run.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:
10 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

I say THOR 337! Great cover and I will lay even money Beta appears in the next THOR movie. Maybe even in Infinity War! Still affordable. I am buying all the high grade raw copies I can get.

thor-337.jpg

Always considered this a copper book.

As it is. And by good measure.

13 hours ago, Dogsupreme said:

If he is in an upcoming movie, I want to see ol' Horse Face with an extended snout! Not some skimpy prosthetic makeup! :sumo:

IMG_5337.JPG

On 11/02/2018 at 1:45 AM, boomtown said:

That Byrne run on Marvel Team-Up is cheap and had a bunch of noteworthy stuff. Cap Britain, Arcade, Daughters of the Dragon (1st in comic form), the Warlock book with the Gardener and Infinity stones. Really nice under rated run.

The best Byrne issues from that time are #69-70, with Spider-Man and Havok/Thor against the Living Monolith. Very strong continuity as current events in Avengers and X-Men are referenced. Spider-Man is even reminded of the first war against Thanos (Avengers Annual #7 / Marvel Two -In - One Annual #2) as he watches Thor battle the Monolith.

Classic stuff. Sadly, the art of referencing and tying events together seems gone...

On 1/28/2018 at 5:52 PM, Brian48 said:

I've been seeking reasonably priced copies of Vampire Tales #2 (first Satana) for a little while now, but I think it might have caught on with other folks as well. Graded copies are priced way, way above of what you'd might expect. 

You ain't kidding Just look at this....

5a878ca9bf16d_ScreenShot2018-02-16at5_59_15PM.thumb.png.5767bb54a23a4e4a345f706f11c33fd8.png