• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which key issues that are currently undervalued in your opinion?
8 8

278 posts in this topic

A character that I keep waiting to break out is Abigail Arcane Holland in Swamp Thing #3. With many of DC's lower level female leads blowing up, I'm surprised that she has garnered so little interest, to the point that most don't even know her 1st appearance. The first 9 issues of Swamp Thing, with Wrightson art, are already considered classics, they just don't sell for much. Issue #3 features the 1st appearance of both Abby and the Patchwork Man. I can't imagine a Swamp Thing TV series that doesn't feature Abby in the female lead. The book has started creeping up in the last week or so, with the TV announcement, but still seems reasonable for an early 70's classic. Hey, this may just push that whole Wrightson run up to where it should be, books have been under-priced for decades.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:41 PM, boomtown said:

A character that I keep waiting to break out is Abigail Arcane Holland in Swamp Thing #3. With many of DC's lower level female leads blowing up, I'm surprised that she has garnered so little interest, to the point that most don't even know her 1st appearance. The first 9 issues of Swamp Thing, with Wrightson art, are already considered classics, they just don't sell for much. Issue #3 features the 1st appearance of both Abby and the Patchwork Man. I can't imagine a Swamp Thing TV series that doesn't feature Abby in the female lead. The book has started creeping up in the last week or so, with the TV announcement, but still seems reasonable for an early 70's classic. Hey, this may just push that whole Wrightson run up to where it should be, books have been under-priced for decades.

What TV announcement? Is there something recent? The HBO Max series from a couple years ago was great but I haven't heard anything about a reboot or resumption of the show.

On 12/23/2021 at 7:02 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

What TV announcement? Is there something recent? The HBO Max series from a couple years ago was great but I haven't heard anything about a reboot or resumption of the show.

The post you are quoting is from a few years ago, so you are speaking about the same series

Now don't laugh at this suggestion: Warlock 12 is first solo and origin, (although it may lack some truth in the telling,) of Pip the troll. 

I really love everything about this comic. There is so much room for growth too on this issue. Buy one, you won't be disappointed. Spot the panel in which a famous Neal Adams' Batman pose is copied/referred to. There, that's got you all interested. 

scan0161.jpg

Okay, I admit I have a vested interest in this speculation.  From the DC comics that will shine the brightest / be a potential multi-bagger in the coming 2 to 3 years - Wonder Woman #204 (1st Appearance of Nubia) is high on my watch list.

Why...Because there's a very strong possibility that the DCEU has BIG PLANS for Nubia and that she'll be featured prominently in the upcoming Wonder Woman #3 movie. 

For you CGC collectors, the census shows there are currently only (5) copies of WW #204 in CGC 9.8 Universal Blue out of a population of 247 graded copies.  That means just 2% of the CGC population of WW #204 are in 9.8 condition.  Which equates to a dramatic imbalance of low supply vs high demand for this puppy in the CGC 9.8 grade.

Following the path of other very scarce CGC 9.8 Bronze Age books (Marvel Spotlight #5, Heroes for Hire #1, Strange Tales #169, etc) this issue has what I hope / believe to be a bright future once the news is official about Nubia joining the DCEU.

DSC00993.JPG

On 12/25/2021 at 10:48 PM, da.amazing.spiderman said:
Okay, I admit I have a vested interest in this speculation.  From the DC comics that will shine the brightest / be a potential multi-bagger in the coming 2 to 3 years - Wonder Woman #204 (1st Appearance of Nubia) is high on my watch list.

Why...Because there's a very strong possibility that the DCEU has BIG PLANS for Nubia and that she'll be featured prominently in the upcoming Wonder Woman #3 movie. 

For you CGC collectors, the census shows there are currently only (5) copies of WW #204 in CGC 9.8 Universal Blue out of a population of 247 graded copies.  That means just 2% of the CGC population of WW #204 are in 9.8 condition.  Which equates to a dramatic imbalance of low supply vs high demand for this puppy in the CGC 9.8 grade.

Following the path of other very scarce CGC 9.8 Bronze Age books (Marvel Spotlight #5, Heroes for Hire #1, Strange Tales #169, etc) this issue has what I hope / believe to be a bright future once the news is official about Nubia joining the DCEU.

DSC00993.JPG

It's not Marvel thus demand may have already peaked?  Buying now at current asking rate represents future wallet-ache.

Your honesty in the first sentence is refreshing. You clearly have bias towards the book on your part but betting on DC+DCEU is almost always a losing proposition. Smart money speculates on Bronze/Copper/Modern Marvel and never on DC and certainly never ever on a DCUE appearance.  Black Adam/The Rock being the most notable outlier.

Edited by MAR1979