• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foreign Horror Magazines with Painted Covers! Let's see them!
2 2

18 posts in this topic

Hello all, it's been a while.  Did some digging through my books this weekend and wanted to share some stuff :preach:

You thought you had your work cut out with US Published Magazines?...Well you haven't seen nothing yet.  The Non-US market is equally intriguing and even more hair pulling :pullhair:

If you got some' let's see em'! :popcorn:

Below is a Warren Series (reprints from USA) published in a book called Kripta!

IMG_6108.jpg.82500a002615d3cdc143aae0bbc123c2.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg.def710516c74a25318651582a650345f.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg.d7b2f9dfe172290ad70f8b1e6410ad06.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg.b23fb5e663c29b2fe14c1b0ba0f9c2f9.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg.ef1e2bf781a12557a6fd6a4d36f90ad2.jpg

- bounty

Edited by bounty_coder

34 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Oh H-E- double hockey sticks ? ? yeah!!! :headbang:

I'm learning about these great books, not as knowledgable as yourself though. I bow to the greats of the boards. You, DeaOne,Jayman etc.....(worship)(worship)(worship)

4 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

Hello all, it's been a while.  Did some digging through my books this weekend and wanted to share some stuff :preach:

You thought you had your work cut out with US Published Magazines?...Well you haven't seen nothing yet.  The Non-US market is equally intriguing and even more hair pulling :pullhair:

If you got some' let's see em'! :popcorn:

Below is a Warren Series (reprints from USA) published in a book called Kripta!

IMG_6108.jpg.82500a002615d3cdc143aae0bbc123c2.jpg

Great thread and pictures bounty! I like the post with the US versions alongside the reprints which, as you say, often present the images better. Do you have the US version of Kripta #10 above?  That is one horrific cover! :whatthe:

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Great thread and pictures bounty! I like the post with the US versions alongside the reprints which, as you say, often present the images better. Do you have the US version of Kripta #10 above?  That is one horrific cover! :whatthe:

As far as I know that cover was only used for the Spanish or Portuguese market. So these Kripta covers are unique in their own right despite containing Warren US stories done in Spanish. :whatthe:

37 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

As far as I know that cover was only used for the Spanish or Portuguese market. So these Kripta covers are unique in their own right despite containing Warren US stories done in Spanish. :whatthe:

It's a great cover. Quite unsettling...

1 minute ago, bounty_coder said:

Nope, the  :whatthe::whatthe:  is due to how cool the book is.  I ain't tripp'n on how one wants to treat their property if that was the case  :baiting: :roflmao:

(thumbsu In that case yes, it is a killer cover and one I picked up because the character on the cover resembles a Shoggoth as depicted on Skywald covers and interior stories. The artist was obviously a fan...