• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Miscellaneous
1 1

73 posts in this topic

It's been a few years since I've been on the boards but work and family are mostly settled and I have time to think  
about comics again. It's great to see that the boards are even more active and alive today than before and I'm  
happy to see that many of the members that I knew from before are still around.  Surely, comics as a hobby must be  
growing every day.  With all of the incredible movies and TV shows available to watch, it's a great time to be a comics  
fan!

First, a few rules: :rulez:

I will accept checks or money orders (both of which must clear) or PayPal (buyer is responsible for any fees; books  
will not be shipped while fees are outstanding). Please, no HOS or Probationers. The buyer has seven days from the  
day of receipt to inspect purchases and books must be returned in exactly the same condition as when they were  
shipped. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.

Any number of raw books will be a flat $7 shipping in the continental US. Slabbed books will be $15 for one to three 
books  and exact shipping for more than that (also in the continental US). I'm happy to ship anywhere else the  
law allows for exact shipping costs. Insurance is not included but may be recommended as I can't be responsible for  
books after they're mailed. (Domestic shipping might be adjusted up or down after I learn what rules the post office  
plays by these days.)

You're welcomed and encouraged to PM me with offers but the first unconditional :takeit: in the thread gets it. You  
know..., the usual rules. :) If you want to buy more than one book, PM me for a possible quantity discount.

Back scans are available for any book upon request.

My kudos thread: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/241444-jim-corrigans-feedback-thread/

Thanks for looking and please be patient and kind while I figure out how to navigate the new board software and relearn  
everything I seem to have forgotten about properly sizing images for the board.

So, here goes...

Edited by Jim Corrigan

1 minute ago, Jim Corrigan said:

It's been a few years since I've been on the boards but work and family are mostly settled and I have time to think  
about comics again. It's great to see that the boards are even more active and alive today than before and I'm  
happy to see that many of the members that I knew from before are still around.  Surely, comics as a hobby must be  
growing every day.  With all of the incredible movies and TV shows available to watch, it's a great time to be a comics  
fan!

First, a few rules: :rulez:

I will accept checks or money orders (both of which must clear) or PayPal (buyer is responsible for any fees; books  
will not be shipped while fees are outstanding). Please, no HOS or Probationers. The buyer has seven days from the  
day of receipt to inspect purchases and books must be returned in exactly the same condition as when they were  
shipped. Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.

Any number of raw books will be a flat $6 shipping in the continental US. Slabbed books will be $12 for one, $14 for  
two or three and exact shipping for more than that (also in the continental US). I'm happy to ship anywhere else the  
law allows for exact shipping costs. Insurance is not included but may be recommended as I can't be responsible for  
books after they're mailed. (Domestic shipping might be adjusted up or down after I learn what rules the post office  
plays by these days.)

You're welcomed and encouraged to PM me with offers but the first unconditional :takeit: in the thread gets it. You  
know..., the usual rules. :) If you want to buy more than one book, PM me for a possible quantity discount.

Back scans are available for any book upon request.

My kudos thread: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/241444-jim-corrigans-feedback-thread/

Thanks for looking and please be patient and kind while I figure out how to navigate the new board software and relearn  
everything I seem to have forgotten about properly sizing images for the board.

So, here goes...

Sorry but new Board rules state you cannot charge the buyer for Paypal fees. 

Showcase (1956) 60 CGC 9.0 WHITE pages (just like Spectre) $390 SOLD!

First Silver Age appearance of Spectre and Jim Corrigan (Yeah, me!)

There are no recent sales of graded books in this grade (not since 2011) but strong recent sales in higher and lower grades so I split the middle.

Showcase 60 front 200.jpg

Showcase 60 label 200.jpg

Edited by Jim Corrigan
Sold!

14 minutes ago, Jim Corrigan said:

Showcase (1956) 60 CGC 9.0 WHITE pages (just like Spectre) $390

First Silver Age appearance of Spectre and Jim Corrigan (Yeah, me!)

There are no recent sales of graded books in this grade (not since 2011) but strong recent sales in higher and lower grades so I split the middle.

Showcase 60 front 200.jpg

Showcase 60 label 200.jpg

I will take it 

Time to put up some raw books... there may not be a pattern except most of what's in the box starts with 'A'.

First up, a collection of 22 Alien Legion issues from Vol 1 and Vol 2 plus the Marvel Graphic Novel.

This was a fun little science fiction comic from Marvel/Epic.

With one "I'll take it", you can go from zero to being an Alien Legion collector just like that. :baiting:

From Vol 1, issues 1-19 and from Vol 2, issues 2, 3, and 4.

The general condition is NM- to NM, pretty much however they came into the store in the eighties.

The price for all 22 standard sized books plus the graphic novel is $40 plus $15 shipping.

Alien Legion run.jpg

Alien Legion GN.jpg