• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dueling Detective 27s this spring
1 1

146 posts in this topic

I'm really interested in the collection and in seeing how this book in particular does at Hake's. I imagine it will do well, because it's a fresh looking copy, but it's a new venue for a book like this. 

Edited by rob_react

1 hour ago, rob_react said:

I'm really interested in the collection and in seeing how this book in particular does at Hake's. I imagine it will do well, because it's a fresh looking copy, but it's a new venue for a book like this. 

Is it Hakes americana?

their website is not easily surveyed. Is the book up?

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

Is it Hakes americana?

their website is not easily surveyed. Is the book up?

No, the listing isn't up yet. They had an article in scoop and I reached out to them for the scan you see above. 

On 1/30/2018 at 12:19 PM, jabats said:
On 1/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Mystery here. I am positive the book was cbcs graded yet my link now points to a CGC graded copy. ???

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/425944-looks-like-igb-are-back-at-it/?page=1

(shrug)

I believe it has been now graded and slabbed by CGC (same book).

Any idea what the assigned grade was when the book was initially graded by the other company?  hm

On 2/7/2018 at 8:20 PM, rob_react said:
On 2/7/2018 at 2:29 PM, Dark Knight said:

Also in the auction is an Action 7 in CGC 4.0 I believe

It's a whole new level for Hakes with this auction. It's an interesting step up.

It is, although they seem to have been doing well with their comic book sales.  I rarely find a bargain.

Still, if either of those were my books, I wouldn't be using their site to sell them. 

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

It is, although they seem to have been doing well with their comic book sales.  I rarely find a bargain.

Still, if either of those were my books, I wouldn't be using their site to sell them. 

I wonder what sort of deal they're getting. If Hake's is serious about jumping up to the next level, then they might be aggressive with their deals on books like this. Either that or the consignor also has other stuff and Hake's is a one-stop-shop. 

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

For a girl you think like a man an old rich man

89bc6cc1d77b4129e8ef060af23c00c9.jpg

Edited by woowoo

3 hours ago, rob_react said:

To that point- I've RARELY written about Hake's and here I am posting about them here and on my blog, because of this Tec 27. 

Well there are only 2 book's that you would do that for and I am sure Tec 27 is 1 of them

Happy Face Teasing.gif

10 hours ago, woowoo said:

Well there are only 2 book's that you would do that for and I am sure Tec 27 is 1 of them

Happy Face Teasing.gif

lol

To be fair, there are some other books they could have sprung on us to get me interested, but unrestored Action #1s and unrestored Detective 27s are guaranteed to get me interested. 

On 31.1.2018 at 9:04 PM, rob_react said:

It's not my league so my question might sound a bit naive but how does that permanent supply of Tec27s on HA.com via the "Make offer to owner" feature relate to the auction market?

There are 7 unrestored blue label copies in nearly every grade available (only apparently, that is?): 8.0 / 7.5 / 7.0 / 6.5 (CGC 1126121001) / 6.5 (CGC 0916338001) / 3.5 / 2.0.

If I was about to bid on a Tec27 at auction I'd have checked out those offers beforehand? Do the owners just say "no" to any given offer near FMV?

Edited by Pickie