• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Selling Some Nice Golden Age Books -- All CGC
2 2

21 posts in this topic

Hi.

I am selling some really great books from my collection.

Usual rules apply. 
First “I’ll Take It”   :takeit: gets the book over any and all PMs.
Payment — PayPal, MO or personal check (must clear). Payment due within five days of purchase unless approved beforehand. 
Time payments are accepted on the higher dollar books. Just send me a PM before you buy. 
Shipping anywhere the US for $13.00. I ship USPS Priority Mail. My shipping is fast and rock solid.

Prices are pretty firm on these great books, but feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
Sorry, but CGC books are not returnable.

Thanks,
Rick

Rocket Kelly #3 — CGC 8.5 o/w pages SOLD to Inaflash
A scarce book (per Gerber) that you just never see. This is the 2nd highest graded (behind a 9.0) with only 5 total graded copies out there. This is a great cover with nice, bright colors.

New Rocket-Kelly-#3-F.jpg

Rocket-Kelly-3-B.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Ghost Rider #4 — CGC 7.5 o/w pages -- SOLD per PM
Nice copy of a classic Frank Frazetta cover that is perfectly centered with nice sharp corners. Tough black cover with only six copies graded higher.

Ghost-Rider-#4-F.jpg

Ghost-Rider-#4-B.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Future Comics #2 — CGC 7.0 o/w pages — Lost Valley Pedigree — $1750.This pedigree copy sports a wild cover from 1940. This Gerber 6 book made the cover of The Photo-Journal Guide and that is probably where you would see it most since it just doesn’t come up for sale very often. This copy is really pretty with bright, rich colors on the cover. This is a “must have” for those who like weird and obscure stuff.

(NOTE: Time payments are available for this book. Just send me a PM and we can discuss.)

Future-Comics-#2-F.jpg

Future-Comics-#2-B.jpg

Shadow Comics v8 #3 — CGC 7.0 ow/w —  SOLD per PM
Really tough black cover by Bob Powell that is perfectly centered and has nice pages. This classic spider web cover doesn’t come around too often. (Sorry, but the scanner light beams are not included with this book.)

Shadow-F.jpg

Shadow-B.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Adventures Into Weird Worlds #3 — CGC 6.5 o/w pagesSOLD TO Atomised
What a great Joe Maneely cover!! Only four graded higher and this one is a beauty.

Weird-Worlds-#3-F.jpg

Weird-Worlds-#3-B.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Adventures Into Weird Worlds #7 — CGC 6.5 ow/w pagesSOLD per PM
A classic Russ Heath cover on this really tough to find (only 10 graded copies) PCH book. Just a fabulous copy.

Weird-Worlds-#7-F.jpg

Weird-Worlds-#7-B.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Four Color #199 — CGC 8.0 o/w pages — $750.
Stunning colors on this copy of Carl Barks classic “Sheriff of Bullet Valley”.This is a sharp copy with deep rich colors, sharp corners and perfect centering.

Four-Color-#199-F.jpg

Four-Color-#199-B.jpg

More Fun Comics #71 — 9.0 ow/w pages — SOLD to redknight99
This Classic Dr. Fate sci-fi cover is scarce (according to Gerber) and one that you never see for sale in high grade. There is only one copy graded higher (the Mile High copy at 9.6, which sold for almost $20,000 way back in 2012), and the next highest copy after this one is a 7.5. Don’t miss your chance to get this “old label goodness” (improvable??) copy of a beautiful book. The colors on this copy just are so bright and clean and my scan doesn’t do it justice. 
(NOTE: I am pretty firm on the price of this one, but can work out time payments if you need it. Just send me a PM before you buy.)

More-Fun-#71-F.jpg

More-Fun-#71-B.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

37 minutes ago, RickHigh said:

Future Comics #2 — CGC 7.0 o/w pages — Lost Valley Pedigree — $1750.This pedigree copy sports a wild cover from 1940. This Gerber 6 book made the cover of The Photo-Journal Guide and that is probably where you would see it most since it just doesn’t come up for sale very often. This copy is really pretty with bright, rich colors on the cover. This is a “must have” for those who like weird and obscure stuff.

(NOTE: Time payments are available for this book. Just send me a PM and we can discuss.)

Future-Comics-#2-F.jpg

Future-Comics-#2-B.jpg

Rick: "Saturn versus the Earth" is one of the most important (and early science fiction) comics serial produced in italian comics.
In the four issues of "Future Comics" you have the very first american edition of a classic which is well known also all over Europe, so at least the main feature is everything but "obscure". (thumbsu
Would love to find a very low grader some day…

P.S. See this discussion on this french forum (some interventions of mine towards the end): http://www.forumpimpf.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38722
And here from our own italian forum "Vintage Comics" a full discussion on the various earlier editions (and one Big Little Book from Argentina, too! – thanks to RyanH for the notice): http://vintagecomics.forumcommunity.net/?t=54703207

Edited by vaillant

46 minutes ago, RickHigh said:
Rocket Kelly #3 — CGC 8.5 o/w pages — $475.
A scarce book (per Gerber) that you just never see. This is the 2nd highest graded (behind a 9.0) with only 5 total graded copies out there. This is a great cover with nice, bright colors.

New Rocket-Kelly-#3-F.jpg

Rocket-Kelly-3-B.jpg

:takeit: per PM.

Ken

2 hours ago, RickHigh said:
More Fun Comics #71 — 9.0 ow/w pages — $6550.
This Classic Dr. Fate sci-fi cover is scarce (according to Gerber) and one that you never see for sale in high grade. There is only one copy graded higher (the Mile High copy at 9.6, which sold for almost $20,000 way back in 2012), and the next highest copy after this one is a 7.5. Don’t miss your chance to get this “old label goodness” (improvable??) copy of a beautiful book. The colors on this copy just are so bright and clean and my scan doesn’t do it justice. 
(NOTE: I am pretty firm on the price of this one, but can work out time payments if you need it. Just send me a PM before you buy.)

More-Fun-#71-F.jpg

More-Fun-#71-B.jpg

:takeit: Per PM