• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie #50 CGC 3.5 $600 - Free Shipping SOLD CLOSED
1 1

121 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

There isn't one, which means we can't make one up that communications in thread are superior.

When the rules are silent it defaults to seller's terms. 

Seller's terms were FIRST and not IN THREAD.

He didn't violate board rules.

He didn't violate his own rules. 

Actually, I was first.  I screamed "I'll take it" within 0.2 seconds of the post, but the speed of sound travels 343 m/s so it won't reach the ears of the seller... until about now. 

Edited by path4play

1 hour ago, icefires said:

Thanks to everyone for clearing this up for me.

My opinion was clearly wrong.

I've been down that road myself quite a few times so don't sweat it. 

10 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I’m sorry. 

So you're acknowledging here that you made up the post about the seller feeling pressured to sell me the book "100%" Thank you for clearing that up and apology accepted.  

The issue here isn't about who is right or wrong about the rules.  Miraclemet and I both acknowledged that it was up to the seller to make the decision as to who to sell the book to since it was his book.  The seller came to that decision on his own terms and everyone should respect that.  This quote from earlier in the thread sums it up best.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

This thread illustrates why sellers should read the rules and have a return policy, payment terms, shipping costs and where they will ship, and clearly who gets the book when there is a dispute. 

Edited by dem1138

13 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

So you're acknowledging here that you made up the post about the seller feeling pressured to sell me the book "100%" Thank you for clearing that up and apology accepted.  

The issue here isn't about who is right or wrong about the rules.  Miraclemet and I both acknowledged that it was up to the seller to make the decision as to who to sell the book to since it was his book.  The seller came to that decision on his own terms and everyone should respect that.  This quote from earlier in the thread sums it up best.

Look at the reason for thirdgreenham's edit.  It appears that he said 'I'm sorry followed by a nasty name that was blocked by the softwear.  He's clearly not acknowledging that he made up anything about the seller being pressured.

It's clear your posts about imaginary rules convinced the seller that he had broken board rules.

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Look at the reason for thirdgreenham's edit.  It appears that he said 'I'm sorry followed by a nasty name that was blocked by the softwear.  He's clearly not acknowledging that he made up anything about the seller being pressured.

It's clear your posts about imaginary rules convinced the seller that he had broken board rules.

Hey, it's all about getting what you want, no matter what...right?

That's how everyone rolls, right? 

Rules are made to be woven out of whole cloth on the spot as they suit the situation. 

You guys really know how to bring out the pitchforks. Those were the rules as I understood them from issues like this in the past.

He was free to sell it to who he wanted and if he sold it to Miraclemet I would have been fine with that decision. 

9 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

You guys really know how to bring out the pitchforks. Those were the rules as I understood them from issues like this in the past.

He was free to sell it to who he wanted and if he sold it to Miraclemet I would have been fine with that decision. 

He did sell it to Miraclemet. Announced that it was sold to Miraclemet. Decided that it was Miraclemet's. 

Then you went on to post the following......

On 1/29/2018 at 5:21 PM, dem1138 said:

??? I took it in the thread

On 1/29/2018 at 5:24 PM, dem1138 said:

That's not how these boards work.  You put a book up for sale and someone takes it in the thread, you honor that sale.  

On 1/29/2018 at 5:26 PM, dem1138 said:

You need to explicitly state that PMs can trump the :takeit:in the thread otherwise :takeit: automatically trumps anything else.

On 1/29/2018 at 5:30 PM, dem1138 said:

???

He wrote "First :takeit:takes it. "  I put :takeit: so where is the grey area here?

On 1/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, dem1138 said:

I'm not going to get into a flame war over this.  Its his book - I think its clear what the rules are here based on his instructions and the book should be mine to buy fair and square.  But he can sell it to whomever he wants.  

Thanks

Clearly, you weren't FINE with the decision until it swung in your favor. 

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This is so simple.   Miraclemet had the first :takeit:

FAKE NEWS!!!

Or FAKE RULES!!! 

One of those two. 

I will PM the seller and offer to cancel the sale and return the book. He’s already shipped it to me but if he at all feels like he made a mistake or was pressured into selling it to me then he can certainly have it back and he can again sell it to whomever he wants. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

I’m sorry. 

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

This thread illustrates why sellers should read the rules and have a return policy, payment terms, shipping costs and where they will ship, and clearly who gets the book when there is a dispute. 

My 2 cents. The seller felt 100% pressured to sell the book to you after you had your public tantrum of demanding the book and crying foul. 

The rules set by the seller were First Take It. Not first take it in the thread, just first take it. Your Take It was second. Second does not equal first.

Congrats on berating the seller into selling you the book. You embarrassed yourself. Hope it was worth it. (thumbsu

You rock :headbang:

5 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

I will PM the seller and offer to cancel the sale and return the book. He’s already shipped it to me but if he at all feels like he made a mistake or was pressured into selling it to me then he can certainly have it back and he can again sell it to whomever he wants. 

Thanks 

dem, its yours. lets move on.

everyone just treat this like those friendly threads where a buyer passes a book along to the second fastest take it as a friendly gesture.

10 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Thanks 

That's an appreciated, mature, and courteous response to the discussion. 

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

dem, its yours. lets move on.

everyone just treat this like those friendly threads where a buyer passes a book along to the second fastest take it as a friendly gesture.

An equally mature and courteous response. 

You guys are going to disappoint late comers who just got their torches out of storage.