• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie #50 CGC 3.5 $600 - Free Shipping SOLD CLOSED
1 1

121 posts in this topic

I totally missed this, I was wondering why it kept getting bumped.

I have only one question, how do you figure time stamps now?  I saw the nice exact time posted, all I see are hours...

BTW, I buy by pm lots of times. Regular price, too...I just don't always love posting what I'm buying, maybe because in person I don't really talk in purple;) 

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I have only one question, how do you figure time stamps now?  I saw the nice exact time posted, all I see are hours...

BTW, I buy by pm lots of times. Regular price, too...I just don't always love posting what I'm buying, maybe because in person I don't really talk in purple;) 

I have found that recent messages show exact times. After some time goes by (I don't know exactly how much), the time shown changes to hours.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I have a good assumption that you do in fact talk in purple in person!! If purple means you are a positive kind over generously sweet member of the human race that is!! 

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I have a good assumption that you do in fact talk in purple in person!! If purple means you are a positive kind over generously sweet member of the human race that is!! 

I'm a complete individual_without_enough_empathy when drinking (which is usually most of the time). Sharon is the one person that is always nice to me no matter what!

Nicest person on these boards, bar none.

6 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Man, if I had a dollar for every time someone excused poor behavior in this hobby as "Hey, it's just comics, nothing to get worked up about." I'd have enough for several Golden Age Archie Fap Books. 

I'd say they were missing the point, but that would assume they weren't missing the point intentionally. 

Seriously though, the people that think the rules of fair play, ethics, morals, and maturity don't apply in comics, I have found, are usually doing so to allow themselves to behave in a way that I wouldn't allow my teenage kids to act. 

Amen to that.

6 hours ago, icefires said:

Sharon,

If you quote someone in a message reply while the exact time is still displaying, the exact time stays in the quote permanently.

Thank you! That's helpful:)

@gino2paulus2 By purple, I meant I'm not really "loud"...but thanks for being so nice you two...Dave can tell you the truth, I'm a witch in person;) Just not a very loud witch;), lol.

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Thank you! That's helpful:)

@gino2paulus2 By purple, I meant I'm not really "loud"...but thanks for being so nice you two...Dave can tell you the truth, I'm a witch in person;) Just not a very loud witch;), lol.

lol You’re quite welcome Sha!! Yeah I figured you meant loud but I chose to use it to describe your personality because you truly are one of the nicest people on these boards!! Always trying to help out others in need I think that is why you chose the profession you did. Subconsciously you just want to help and if everyone else showed the same amount of generosity and compassion you do towards others this world would be a better place. I can’t say that more sincerely. Take a look at this link and tell me if this reminds you of anyone the first couple paragraphs at least...The color purple from a personality standpoint. Is this the Sha we all know and appreciate or what!!

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/personality-color-purple.html

The book was claimed.

I had a similar situation a few years ago which I have mentioned.  Claimed a book in the thread and someone bought a few books in the thread via PM which included that book.  I didn't hem and haw.  I trusted the seller at his word that someone claimed it in PM.  No, there was no mention that private message would take precedence over a take it in the thread. 

I shrugged and said, "That's life." and moved on... because I took the seller at his word that someone claimed the book already.

That is all... carry on.

:banana:

Edited by Buzzetta

21 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Miraclemet should have gotten the book. I misunderstood the rules and I made a mistake and have tried to rectify it.  

I offered to the seller to undo the sale but he considered the matter resolved. I’ve offered the book to Miraclemet as well (at cost) and will learn from this and move on.

Thank you

and to make YOU feel better, @miraclemet        should TAKE it;

Then you both win, anyone can get confused/ make a mistake. It's nice when you own up to it and move on. It might cost you a few $$ to ship it, but it's really worth knowing you were person enough to correct an error.

I've already told dem I appreciated the offer, but told him to keep it, no worries.

I also pm Holmes suggesting he [Close] this thread (or how ever you do it) no point in piling on dem, lessons have been learned, book is in the hands of new owner, let's move on to the next fracas!

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

and to make YOU feel better, @miraclemet        should TAKE it;

Then you both win, anyone can get confused/ make a mistake. It's nice when you own up to it and move on. It might cost you a few $$ to ship it, but it's really worth knowing you were person enough to correct an error.

I think the saying is "man enough". lol 

:shy: 

:fear: 

Kudos to both of you to agreeing to things. This thread should be closed by the seller at this point.

And yes, comics should be fun and not cause heartache or grief. And this has nothing to do with certain "rules".