• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for opions on value of these pages
1 1

40 posts in this topic

I think the Star Wars pages are valued a little high. I think the Ewoks page sells for $650-$700, with the rest selling for around $1000-$1500 each.

The Buckler Hulk vs. Spidey page is pretty good, so I think $3500 is a good guess on it.

The Spidey Annual page is maybe a $10,000 page, but not anywhere near $50,000. No way, no how.

I inquired about this page several years ago and offered $10k to the owner which I thought was a fair offer but was declined. I tried to submit a similar bid on the listing in CL just now but it was auto declined. min bid is more than double 

Edited by Infamouspure22

On 02/02/2018 at 4:13 PM, NinjaSealed said:

One must remember, the oh can someone value these just for insurance purpose prices and coo coo I massively overprice everything dealer price are 2 very different things!

With Mr 50K they are one in the same.

It's crazy what prices we see sometimes. It's ridiculous of course. Still better to see the price. It's come up before about those sellers who encourage you to "inquire" about a price and than send you a greedy buy it now sucker price. I dislike the minimum bid auto decline process on these pages. The fella above who offered 10k maybe would pay more if he had some give and take with the seller. Auto decline is a dispassionate robot smack to the face.

Still, even with the good, the bad, the ugly...OA collecting and all that comes with it is a blast!

Truly respect  all the comments and opinions on these threads.

mike

1.  Does it 'aid' in establishing the value of a piece for insurance purposes by 'offering' it for sale at an owner beneficial price?  Eventually, some may even sell to establish the insanity.

2.  This just makes me wonder...lets say an insurance agent wanted 3 dealer sites for comps to value your collection.  Where do YOU send them?  Let them know they'll need to inquire and wait with a few of them certainly. 

3.  Still my greatest fear is that 'for sale' price influences the value it can be insured for.   Business model questions and all.   Too much greatness in questionable hands, imho.

4.  Too many crime novels as a kid, my bad.

So a few things, I had a 35K offer on the Spidey Annual page and passed on the time, so the listed price it based on that offer.  This has Romita layouts for sure and is listed as such pretty much everywhere.  Heck was the primary as he was doing the Avengers at the time and the page is very avengers heavy.

Originally I was looking for insurance values but something came up and I needed to sell a few of the pages.

Ironically the Hulk page only sold for 1600 in the last comic link auction so it seems either everyone was off greatly or everyone missed it who knows.

If anyone seeing this thread had serious interest they could contact me with ease.  The few messages I got were IMO from people looking to steal the art or were asking from curiosity sake alone.  

Again when I originally made this post my intent was not to sell any of all of these pages.  Once a major purchase I made is paid of the pages will be staying in my collection.

James G

10 minutes ago, jgallo said:

The few messages I got were IMO from people looking to steal the art...

LOL. Always and forever. Remember who those folks are. And never hold the door for them on the way out.

11 minutes ago, jgallo said:

Ironically the Hulk page only sold for 1600 in the last comic link auction so it seems either everyone was off greatly or everyone missed it who knows.

Auction value and what you can privately ask (and be patient enough to wait to get) are often two very different things. Something tremendous (cover, a++ splash, artist of significance) will do better at auction, wider appeal and the fear of losing will kick in among bidders. Narrower appeal, like this piece, and private is better - if you can afford to hold the line and wait for that one right buyer to come to you. I think the numbers you were getting around here were more of the second variety than the first, and not necessarily "off".

43 minutes ago, jgallo said:

The few messages I got were IMO from people looking to steal the art or were asking from curiosity sake alone. 

James G

???  I don't get this.  How were messages intended to steal the art?  Did they ask you to agree to ship it to them after they only put an installment payment on it and they would pay the rest over time? 

6 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

I offered 15k... I guess I am one of the thiefs ? 

You didn't make any offer to me directly only asked if they were for sale.  I don't get any info of what offers are made on CL.

James G

2 minutes ago, RICKYBOBBY said:

I offered 15k... I guess I am one of the thiefs ? 

ooohhh.  Thanks for clearing that up.  So OP meant "steal" it as get it for a heavy discount under his perceived FMV of $50k.  Not a good use of the "steal."

14 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

???  I don't get this.  How were messages intended to steal the art?  Did they ask you to agree to ship it to them after they only put an installment payment on it and they would pay the rest over time? 

Do I really need to spell out what stealing the art means???  Getting it at such a discounted price that it would be way under market.  That is what I mean by stealing the art.

(shrug)

James G

59 minutes ago, jgallo said:

So a few things, I had a 35K offer on the Spidey Annual page and passed on the time, so the listed price it based on that offer.  This has Romita layouts for sure and is listed as such pretty much everywhere.  Heck was the primary as he was doing the Avengers at the time and the page is very avengers heavy.

Originally I was looking for insurance values but something came up and I needed to sell a few of the pages.

If anyone seeing this thread had serious interest they could contact me with ease.  The few messages I got were IMO from people looking to steal the art or were asking from curiosity sake alone.  

Again when I originally made this post my intent was not to sell any of all of these pages.  Once a major purchase I made is paid of the pages will be staying in my collection.

James G

Here's what I said about the Hulk page: "I think about 800-1000 on the Hulk annual panel page, just on content. It's a great Hulk vs Spidey fight page, but its not from a key book, and Buckler isn't a higher end artist."

I was a little conservative.

And if you had a $35K offer for the Spider-Man annual page, I suggest you ask that person if it's still valid. I do not think you will get that price from anyone else. I guessed $10K, but apparently someone else offered you $15K. I think $20K is probably the maximum you'd get for it. It's not really Romita.

28 minutes ago, GreatEscape said:

What’s the point of insurance value at 4x FMV?  Don’t you pay 4x premium?  From a pure risk standpoint, Insurance always favors the issuer (that’s how they make billions in profit).  

Actually insurance is generally above market value on most things, especially one of a kind items.

2 hours ago, Ironmandrd said:

ooohhh.  Thanks for clearing that up.  So OP meant "steal" it as get it for a heavy discount under his perceived FMV of $50k.  Not a good use of the "steal."

You know like Michael Jackson not really being "Bad"

4 hours ago, jgallo said:

James G

One of those messages was from me, I assure you it was neither an attempt to steal nor simple curiosity.

You posted this thread on January 30th. I messaged you on January 31 asking if you were planning to sell, and you replied the same day telling me they were going to auction. 

So when, in 24 hours the pages go from "insurance valuation" to "auction block", you may have cut yourself off from serious potential buyers. I know I was dissuaded when you informed me they were already headed to auction houses.