• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a GA book everyone wants, that means noting to you?
6 6

200 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Now that is a good one to bring up, super hot, on lots of peoples want list.  I also have zero interest in it.

+1

Would rather have a Sens1. But not a big WW fan any way.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, N e r V said:
6 hours ago, Hudson said:

Fantastic 3.

Probably get stoned for saying that.....

(oh yeah, and if any of you guys that hate Suspense 3, come across a copy and can't stand to look at it, PLEASE PM me immediately.  I would be happy to take it off your hands).

Vincent Fishler probably thinks you are stoned for saying that...

Detective 69 is a good one. I like it, it's a cool book. But the prices even for low grade are(in my opinion) ridiculous. And I prefer 62 anyway. (:

Edited by Larryw7

ACTION 1 ?

....Nothing but a winning lottery ticket to me....

DETECTIVE 27 ?

.... just a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow .....

....I'd sell either as close to instantly as possible. I probably would buy a nice FF 1 with a small fraction of the proceeds. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

Detective 69 is a good one. I like it, it's a cool book. But the prices even for low grade are(in my opinion) ridiculous. And I prefer 62 anyway. (:

Well #69’s history with collectors stretches back a bit further than some of the rest.Steranko even had it in his HOC V1 in 1970 (not just a mini cover repo either but nearly a full page repo of the cover art) so not surprising. That book is why I went out and bought my first copy of #69.

#62 does have the 2nd Joker cover and in some ways since #40 is missing a Joker story maybe the first proper Joker cover (in a way). Not sure if anyone ever got full disclosure on Detective comics #40 with its “odd” looking Joker cover sans a Joker story. 

All the GA central Batman villain covers are pushing upward and since Joker is number one villain no surprise all his covers are moving up fast. I just don’t care for many of them and in fact the silver and Bronze Age had several superior Joker covers to many of the GA choices. 

Edited by N e r V

14 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I dont understand why all the excitement about this cover (lady phantom 17)  its not even well draw in my opinion . there are a lot much much sexier bondage covers like Lady Phantom 23 

File:Phantom Lady 17.jpg

Agree completely. And I don't think it's Matt Baker artwork. I'd rather have 23.

23 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I dont understand why all the excitement about this cover (lady phantom 17)  its not even well draw in my opinion . there are a lot much much sexier bondage covers like Lady Phantom 23 

To each his own. I have both and much prefer the 17. I like it so much that it is my screen saver.

34 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Half of my undying love for this book is in its historical relevance due to its Seduction of the Innocent Citation...PL 17 has more than just its cover going for it.

Edited by szavisca

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

#17 isn’t my favourite in the run but I have the same logic you just used for issue #23.

I get why some collectors like #23 for its in your face boobs but I don’t think #23 is very well drawn if it’s by Kamen (it looks super static to me). Don’t hate the cover on #23 either but never was interested in it that much other than to complete the Phantom Lady run. 

#17 at least has some history in collecting. FYI, I agree the drawing on #17 is a bit crude (like many GA covers) but the pose although a little awkward works for me.

3 hours ago, Iksar said:
3 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Agree completely. And I don't think it's Matt Baker artwork. I'd rather have 23.

Yes, yes, and yes!

3 hours ago, szavisca said:

Half of my undying love for this book is in its historical relevance due to its Seduction of the Innocent Citation...PL 17 has more than just its cover going for it.

I would agree that's the main reason to value it ... but only at prices much below where they are now! :)