• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 3.5 vs Cap 1 CGC 3.5
3 3

106 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

The rat chew on the Cap is a little bit of an eyesore imho.

Apologies to the consignor, but I can't believe that book gets that high a grade. I can remember pouring over Overstreet's (ever-changing) grading criteria through the decades and sitting there wondering about that 1/4 inch piece missing from just the cover (and what a 1/2 triangle means - leg or hypotenuse) and training myself to believe that none of my books are better than VG, and here we have a chew that goes thru the entire book??

I recall buying a really nice ASM 20 with the first Scorpion from an old-school dealer at VG price levels because it has a dust shadow and the guide used to say any tanning or browning to the cover was no better than VG. Heck, I've seen slabbed books by the many dozen get a NM grade with shadows, tanning, and even foxing. It still seems really, really subjective out there.  (shrug)

Edited by PopKulture

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

It would have been more interesting if Cap1 had the same overall appearance as the Bat1 ( numerical grades aside )

probably not a fair fight then, since these two 3.5s are somewhat different with regards to eye appeal....

5 hours ago, Primetime said:

probably not a fair fight then, since these two 3.5s are somewhat different with regards to eye appeal....

Im stunned that these two books are same grade. The chew goes through the entire Cap1 book. If you assembled every piece missing from every page, - well thats a lot of paper missing ! Just sayin ...

Edited by Mr bla bla