• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 3.5 vs Cap 1 CGC 3.5
3 3

106 posts in this topic

just thought I'd throw another comparison between the 2 books together. 

as we remember, this 1.5 Cap #1 sold Dec 7, 2017 on Comic Connect for $70k

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=746661

and this 1.5 Bat #1 (brittle pages) sold one week later (Dec 15, 2017) with an accepted offer on eBay of $85k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-1-CGC-1-5-Unrestored-1st-Appearance-of-Joker-and-Catwoman-1940-GORGEOUS-/391805790631?hash=item5b3971e9a7%3Ag%3AkQIAAOSwblZZNKZa&nma=true&si=UuyHtePCHhPSQqT60v5RuROGQFA%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

however, the 1.5 Bat #1 did have much better eye appeal than the 1.5 Cap #1. 

so with this comparison, I would say that Bat #1 is still a little ahead in FMV than Cap #1. but they are very close and

I would say that it really depends on how the books present, will be fun to watch the current 3.5 copies.

1 hour ago, thedude said:

just thought I'd throw another comparison between the 2 books together. 

as we remember, this 1.5 Cap #1 sold Dec 7, 2017 on Comic Connect for $70k

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=746661

and this 1.5 Bat #1 (brittle pages) sold one week later (Dec 15, 2017) with an accepted offer on eBay of $85k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-1-CGC-1-5-Unrestored-1st-Appearance-of-Joker-and-Catwoman-1940-GORGEOUS-/391805790631?hash=item5b3971e9a7%3Ag%3AkQIAAOSwblZZNKZa&nma=true&si=UuyHtePCHhPSQqT60v5RuROGQFA%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

however, the 1.5 Bat #1 did have much better eye appeal than the 1.5 Cap #1. 

so with this comparison, I would say that Bat #1 is still a little ahead in FMV than Cap #1. but they are very close and

I would say that it really depends on how the books present, will be fun to watch the current 3.5 copies.

Nice post.  I agree on the eye appeal.  I don't track big books since I can't afford them so thanks for posting this comparison and the links.

25 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

Quick question to anyone I don't follow prices and I have a 3.5 mod resto BM1 that I bought years ago for $5700  any idea what a real value might be? The jokers on Ebay are just nuts, I was just wondering if anyone had a fair real CMV . 

30k+?

Much more details and pics required.  

3 minutes ago, Frank Mozz said:

Hi, thanks, just trying to get a general idea , book presents well but again has resto ( purple mod) and is a 3.5 so  I understand its not a crazy books. I am thrilled if its a solid 25/30k .

Depends also on the amount of resto, a color tough would be worth more than one with pieces added, etc.

8 minutes ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Depends also on the amount of resto, a color tough would be worth more than one with pieces added, etc.

Just went and pulled the old boy out as I have not looked at it for a few years,Resto includes color touch, tear seal,reglossed & new staples, 3 sides trimmed off white white pages. At the time $5700 actually high if I recall but I wanted the book & had income tax funds to help lol. I am fine if its 20/25

Edited by Frank Mozz

4 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:
4 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Just went and pulled the old boy out as I have not looked at it for a few years,Resto includes color touch, tear seal,reglossed & new staples, 3 sides trimmed off white white pages. At the time $5700 actually high if I recall but I wanted the book & had income tax funds to help lol. I am fine if its 20/25

If you're actually interested in selling, you could post it on the CLink exchange for, say, $35K and see if you get any offers.

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

If you're actually interested in selling, you could post it on the CLink exchange for, say, $35K and see if you get any offers.

Hi, not looking to sell just wanted to reach out and get a general idea, I love this book, I am just not a guy who watches CMV and figured Id ask for some input :) Thanks 

5 hours ago, Frank Mozz said:

I think 20/25 sounds just about right! Aside from the other resto it loses a little value because of the trimming. But it’s still a Bats 1!!