• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 3.5 vs Cap 1 CGC 3.5
3 3

106 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2018 at 7:36 AM, Sqeggs said:
On 2/16/2018 at 4:01 AM, Gotham Kid said:

The Cap1 auction bid is artificial. It was raised by Heritage (by almost 30K) to one bid below reserve amount.

Exactly.  If the reserve were set at $1 million, the current “bid” would show as an increment below $1 million. 

Pretty unusual to see a reserve in a Heritage auction.  Can’t remember the last time I saw one — not that I don’t forget things!

Reading the fine print on Heritage, I misremembered how they do this.  I think they bring the current "bid" right up to the reserve amount, so that the next bid will exceed the reserve and potentially win the book.  I believe they know all along which books will eventually have reserves but let the bidding run for awhile before implementing the reserve.

More evidence that Cap 1 is gaining on Bats 1. Said it before, now one more time: In ten years, Cap 1 will be the #3 book in the hobby, after Tec 27, A 1. Yes, it will eventually pass Supes 1, for a variety of reasons.

TWMJR1, you are absolutely correct that this auction is PROOF POSITIVE that Captain America #1 is gaining ground on Batman 1. Dueling 1.5's in December, 2017 show that Captain America 1 sold for 82.42% of the Batman 1. In today's battle of 3.5's, CA1 sold for 83.33% of the Batman 1. Taking this to the next logical step we see that CA1 gains .91% on Batman 1 every two months. Thus, Captain America #1 and Batman #1 will undoubtedly cost the same price in a little over 36 months. I would love to calculate how long it will take CA1 to pass Superman #1 to see if your 10-year prediction is correct, but I'm running late for tonight's monthly Earth Is Flat Society meeting.

Edited by PRTeckie

16 minutes ago, PRTeckie said:

TWMJR1, you are absolutely correct that this auction is PROOF POSITIVE that Captain America #1 is gaining ground on Batman 1. Dueling 1.5's in December, 2017 show that Captain America 1 sold for 82.42% of the Batman 1. In today's battle of 3.5's, CA1 sold for 83.33% of the Batman 1. Taking this to the next logical step we see that CA1 gains .91% on Batman 1 every two months. Thus, Captain America #1 and Batman #1 will undoubtedly cost the same price in a little over 18 months. I would love to calculate how long it will take CA1 to pass Superman #1 to see if your 10-year prediction is correct, but I'm running late for tonight's monthly Earth Is Flat Society meeting.

:roflmao:

45 minutes ago, PRTeckie said:

TWMJR1, you are absolutely correct that this auction is PROOF POSITIVE that Captain America #1 is gaining ground on Batman 1. Dueling 1.5's in December, 2017 show that Captain America 1 sold for 82.42% of the Batman 1. In today's battle of 3.5's, CA1 sold for 83.33% of the Batman 1. Taking this to the next logical step we see that CA1 gains .91% on Batman 1 every two months. Thus, Captain America #1 and Batman #1 will undoubtedly cost the same price in a little over 36 months. I would love to calculate how long it will take CA1 to pass Superman #1 to see if your 10-year prediction is correct, but I'm running late for tonight's monthly Earth Is Flat Society meeting.

One thing I know for certain: You'll never be able to afford a copy of either book.

7 hours ago, PRTeckie said:

TWMJR1, you are incorrect, sir. Here's what I bought INSTEAD of either book. Why? Tec33 contains the second most famous original story in the history of comics--a masterpiece of words, art, and storytelling. I truly believe that if any GA comic surpasses Batman #1 it will be this one. 

Tec33.jpg

Burn! lol Great book!

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, PRTeckie said:

TWMJR1, you are incorrect, sir. Here's what I bought INSTEAD of either book. Why? Tec33 contains the second most famous original story in the history of comics--a masterpiece of words, art, and storytelling. I truly believe that if any GA comic surpasses Batman #1 it will be this one. 

Tec33.jpg

What's really fun is owning the two. Keeping both bases covered and what-not. ;)

That's a gorgeous Tec 33 by the way.  :whatthe: (worship)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Tec33.jpg

Maybe it could if it had the cover of #31.

Tec33.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure you did. Laugh.

2 hours ago, PRTeckie said:

I just fell over laughing reading this.

Jaydogrules, thank you for your comments. And I agree wholeheartedly! Caps1 and Bats1 are PHENOMENAL books! I will never denigrate either one. We all have our preferences. I know you are partial to Captain America #1 and I respect that. The characters in these books have become a multi-billion dollar business. Barring a global calamity, I don't think there is any question that all of these comics will do well in the future. 

1 hour ago, Knightsofold said:

Maybe it could if it had the cover of #31.

33 has significantly closed the gap on 31 the last few years and you'll never see anything like this from the interior pages of 31 :whatthe: :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-1937-1st-Series-33-CGC-PG-Page-1-Only-Restored-1244234002/312061358963?hash=item48a84e7373:g:p~QAAOSw-31aeQP6&redirect=mobile

-J.

7 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

One thing I know for certain: You'll never be able to afford a copy of either book.

5 hours ago, twmjr1 said:

Yeah, I'm sure you did. Laugh.

What is your problem ?

Edited by Gotham Kid