• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sal Buscema Sketch Op (NOW CLOSED)
1 1

13 posts in this topic

SAL BUSCEMA SKETCH OP 

$100 HEAD SKETCH
$225 FULL BODY SKETCH (no background)

Price does NOT include grading. Grading will be $40 per book. You can choose either a blank cover (that you supply) or a blank backing board (that we supply). Return shipping is $25 to a US address or $50 to a Canadian address. Other international address must be quoted upon request. If using PayPal as your payment method, please send payments to sales@celestial-comics.com and using friends and family is appreciated. Payment MUST be received by DWE to confirm a slot in the sketch op. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Don't miss this sketch op as this op has been our customers favorite op each year. This will be first come, first served. Your spot is NOT reserved until full payment has been received. If you are having a blank cover shipped to DWE, a completely filled out submission form must be shipped with the book or emailed to Chandler@desertwindcomics.com. Any blank covers shipped to DWE from a third party seller MUST be shipped the following way on the shipping label.

Your name
c/o Desert Wind Enterprises
2421 Tech Center Court, Suite 100
Las Vegas, NV 89128

We will NOT be responsible for trying to figure out where your blank cover is if your name is NOT on the label AND if Desert Wind is not on the label the package may be refused by our mail receiving facility.

FOR THOSE WHO QUESTION WHAT WE OFFER PLEASE READ: Basically the reason we only offer backing boards is because they are standard, where as there are so many types of paper available. Years ago we offered sketch paper and one customer didn’t like it and felt it wasn’t to his specifications and returned the sketch and charged back on his credit card on us. And then other people were asking us for specific size paper, specific weight paper, sketching boards. It got out of hand so we decided that we would offer one standardized material and the customer was welcome to send us anything else they wanted as long as the customer understands they will get a pencil and inked 8x10 sketch. That is all.

Here are a few examples of head and full body sketches.

Space is limited so don’t wait. Payment secures a spot.

Sketch op is NOW Closed. We may reopen the op for another session after June. Thank you to everyone who is participating. For those that missed this op, keep your eyes open for the next one. Thank you.

911F7186-47FF-4C1C-B8F4-FD5F56B3E4BB.jpeg

916212B2-9C94-44FB-BD21-CB0274D1355D.jpeg

A7F94016-6CD0-44A2-9415-216AEED25694.jpeg

9AB743A3-47C0-4F5D-8497-38C347B59C67.jpeg

95415EF2-F2D0-4663-8C06-48F63F7E1C60.jpeg

Edited by Celestial Comics

6 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

I will take a full body sketch. I would like to have it CGC’d when it’s complete. Payment sent ($265+4% G&S).  I will send my blank this week!  When is the deadline to receive our blanks?  When is the sketch opp happening?  Ooooo... so excited!!!!

Don't forget $25 for shipping ???

I ended up looking up celestial comics and calling them. Also the email quoted above that you used for PayPal, you can send an email to that address.... you may get feedback sooner :) I did get an email from them that way (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/7/2018 at 11:15 AM, RadiantGraphix said:

I've paid and sent both a message here AND an email to the sales department... I haven't heard ANYTHING back yet.  Can I get a reply PLEASE?!?!?

I sent you a couple of pm's that might help.... this one and the Don Perlin OP are both handled by celestial comics and desert wind comics....

I've already received my paid invoice from Sharon for the Don Perlin op..... you can try sharon@celestial-comics that is who confirmed with me (thumbsu

Oh man!! Can't believe I missed this, been trying to get a commission from Sal for some time. @Celestial Comics So I should check back in June for the next one then? Also wondering if I supply paper, would it still HAVE to be the size of a backing board? I started this amazing spider-man 100 recreation back in 2017, where I have each character sketched by a different artist. Although, the paper is approx 13x17, each head is around 3" so it would almost be like a remark. please lmk if this would be possible, would be awesome if Sal contributed to this project, Ron Frenz will probably be sketching the full body spider-man later this month, but maybe that could change hm

5a91d0d5a9838_image(10).jpeg.00bc40408e947fc58e8d09168ef1ab71.jpeg

8 hours ago, Canadiancomics said:

Oh man!! Can't believe I missed this, been trying to get a commission from Sal for some time. @Celestial Comics So I should check back in June for the next one then? Also wondering if I supply paper, would it still HAVE to be the size of a backing board? I started this amazing spider-man 100 recreation back in 2017, where I have each character sketched by a different artist. Although, the paper is approx 13x17, each head is around 3" so it would almost be like a remark. please lmk if this would be possible, would be awesome if Sal contributed to this project, Ron Frenz will probably be sketching the full body spider-man later this month, but maybe that could change hm

5a91d0d5a9838_image(10).jpeg.00bc40408e947fc58e8d09168ef1ab71.jpeg

Don't forget a rhino