• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT COMPLETE COMIC-BOOK RUNS HAVE YOU SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ?
5 5

115 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, fishbone said:

...or DD 1-7 ....... ^^

This is disgusting and blatant Stilt-Man supremacy erasure - I will not stand for it!!!! The goal of any cultured collector should be to get as many copies of DD8 as possible so that they can stack them as high as possible!

On 11/22/2023 at 3:03 AM, stormflora said:

Surprised that this thread isn't getting as much activity as I would expect. Maybe it's been buried too deep within the forums.

I just wanted to post and share that I've successfully completed my Chip 'n' Dale collection in just five weeks of hardcore searching and haggling. 140 issues total across a handful of imprints. Spent a month's worth of disposable income on it (around $900 USD), a significant amount of which was shipping costs. Probably half of it.

Now started up a Tom & Jerry collection, which is almost 2.5x the issue count and has far more rarer and expensive issues to have to collect, primarily from the Golden Age.

Join us in the first print gang, this is the only way to be a real man.

On 12/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, bc said:

Along the way, completed this mini-run

yc_set.jpg.405c7007bf583fda5752bf010d05bf38.jpg

-bc

I like how you threw in a nice side quest as you completed your main mission.  :headbang:

Congrats on the run.  You got it done just in time to avoid the crazy prices.  (thumbsu

I forgot about this thread as new threads would appear.  Since my last post here, I think I have completed runs of:

Marvel Two In One + annuals

Solo Avengers/Avengers Spotlight

West Coast Avengers + annuals

American Flagg v1 and v2

Marvel Comics Presents

What The?!

NFL Super Pro

Sen:

I think that may be it for now.  Still working on some other runs and might finish them up In 2024

On 12/6/2023 at 10:06 AM, shadroch said:

Runs are so 2009. The kool kids only collect variants these days.

I remember having the runs in 2009...damn Taco Bell!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Off the top of my head, I have every issue of Ultimate Spiderman Vol.1 and Every issue of The Boys including the various spinoffs. I collected those as they were published. Last year I finished three series that I had long wanted, Wolverine limited series Vol.1, The Punisher Limited Series Vol.1 and The Dark Knight Returns... working on Watchmen right now.

On 1/20/2024 at 7:40 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Off the top of my head, I have every issue of Ultimate Spiderman Vol.1 and Every issue of The Boys including the various spinoffs. I collected those as they were published. Last year I finished three series that I had long wanted, Wolverine limited series Vol.1, The Punisher Limited Series Vol.1 and The Dark Knight Returns... working on Watchmen right now.

Just curious after seeing your post about the size of your collection. You said according to your app you had about 17,300 books, which is a *lot*. That's approaching 60 longboxes. The amount of runs you've completed seems really low for that many comics. Was the total possibly a typo or do you have thousands of random issues?

On 1/22/2024 at 10:49 AM, Pontoon said:

Just curious after seeing your post about the size of your collection. You said according to your app you had about 17,300 books, which is a *lot*. That's approaching 60 longboxes. The amount of runs you've completed seems really low for that many comics. Was the total possibly a typo or do you have thousands of random issues?

Well I did say "off the top of my head". I'm sure I have more complete runs than the two I listed if I think about it really hard. I also have a lot of series that are missing a couple of issues. For instance, at one point I had The entire run of Warren Ellis' Planetary including the few spinoffs to the series. While inventorying my collection last year, I discovered that I'm missing a couple of boxes of comics and a LOT of keys were in those boxes including Planetary issues 1-4 and 21. So i no longer have that complete run. Same for the Authority. I had that entire series as well only to discover that issues 1-6 are missing. Now if were talking complete runs by specific creative groups, I have a TON of those... Bendis and Malev's Daredevil run for instance. Morrison and Lee's Batman run, Snyder and Capullo's Batman run, Simonson's Thor run (really love that one) etc. I just bought Sienkewicz entire New Mutants run from someone here on the boards I believe... so yeah, I have quite a few runs... I'll add more as they come to me.