• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT COMPLETE COMIC-BOOK RUNS HAVE YOU SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED ?
5 5

115 posts in this topic

When i got back into comics five years or so ago i concentrated on Atlas war comics and some other war runs..

Battlefield, Battlefront, War Action, War Adventures War Comics, War Fury Etc ...

the largest run was only 70 issues so not too hard.....

(too bad i did not go the complete opposite way of war and collected Love comics instead like Bakers and i would have been much farther ahead financially and Baker romance is awesome!)

11 minutes ago, fishbone said:

This might sound stupid, because I did collect a couple dozen FF's in my youth, but I've just noticed what incredible covers the 1-100 run has

I'm seriously thinking of completing that run....

Well that's an incredible run to collect.

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I have completed:

AF 15 and ASM 1 to present

Conan

Savage Sword of Conan

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man

Marvel Team Up

Iron Man

I've been at this for 30+ years and it was hard pre- internet to find high grade raw copies. You "youngsters" have it easy with eBay and the many other auction sites :preach:

so true

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Planet Comics.

Perhaps the run I am most proud of and that was arguably the hardest to complete.

It took me several years.

I utilized many online resources, and bought from CGC board members and bought at local comic shows and conventions. I sacrificed other books to be able to afford the books that eluded me ( Planet 15! )

There are not many members of the complete Planet Comics run club worldwide.

I was trying to stick to 5.0 and above for copies. Other than a handful I attained that goal ( always room to upgrade which I am slowly doing ).

I completed lots of runs over my years collecting comics: Spider-man including AF15, Hulk including Tales to Astonish and all of his appearances, Conan both Marvel and Dark Horse, Savage Sword of Conan. Silver Surfer 1-18, etc, but I think the Planet run is the hardest run I have completed.

(worship)

On 2/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, Jordysnordy said:

I have completed:

AF 15 and ASM 1 to present

Conan

Savage Sword of Conan

Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man

Marvel Team Up

Iron Man

I've been at this for 30+ years and it was hard pre- internet to find high grade raw copies. You "youngsters" have it easy with eBay and the many other auction sites :preach:

Impressive .... most impressive - as a hybrid ( at 37 I’m part youngster and part old school ) I do agree with that statement - but the one downside to completing full runs now is movie appearances which spike up issues to double / triple value almost overnight ...

On 2/8/2018 at 1:21 AM, Old_Man_Adam said:

but the one downside to completing full runs now is movie appearances which spike up issues to double / triple value almost overnight ...

I agree with you 100% that's what's ruining the hobby for me, I nearly have a full set of Werewolf by night except 32, three short of a full run on Amazing Spider-man AF15 1, 2 and no hope of ever finishing these two runs. I'm not a fussy collector as I would gladly except a 2.0 as I love them raw. 

14 hours ago, tv horror said:

I agree with you 100% that's what's ruining the hobby for me, I nearly have a full set of Werewolf by night except 32, three short of a full run on Amazing Spider-man AF15 1, 2 and no hope of ever finishing these two runs. I'm not a fussy collector as I would gladly except a 2.0 as I love them raw. 

I’m working on uncanny x-men now which has been a roller coaster of a ride #12 just spiked due to Deadpool , I find myself endlessly working on the run because as a completist ( shame on me ) I’m stuck , I even go out of my way unfortunately at times to not go after other issues - help ! Lol 

42 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I find myself endlessly working on the run because as a completist ( shame on me ) I’m stuck , I even go out of my way unfortunately at times to not go after other issues - help ! Lol 

Take your time now...When did this all start?

shrink-psychoanalyst-sitting-in-a-chair-with-a-notepad-eps-8-vector-illustration-vector-clip-art_csp48492718.jpg