• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get Well Stan!
2 2

44 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Its been just an amazing journey for Stan, still alive after all these years.....

79 years of Marvel Comics! He was there, a 17 year old, working at Timely Publications when the first Marvel Comic came out in 1939, Marvel Comics #1. There's no parallel in the comic book world.

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

79 years of Marvel Comics! He was there, a 17 year old, working at Timely Publications when the first Marvel Comic came out in 1939, Marvel Comics #1. There's no parallel in the comic book world.

The "junior" version is Vic Gorelick, editor-in-chief at Archie comics. He started at 16 while founder JohnGoldwater was still there, and he's in his 60th year now, from a kid making corrrections in the art department to running the place. Still, that means he started in the 50's, 12 or 15 years into the birth of the Archie universe.

But it's the only other remotely similar long run to the top that I can think of.

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

5% or less of us currently on these chat boards will make it to age 95 yrs old...

It all depends in what kind of out genes plays with our age. It can be in your family where there are many relatives living into their 90s, high chances are these genes could trickled into yours inherited. Or the health which will direct how you live. So many factors...  in my case, it is my family relatives as I have my grand aunt still living at 94. My grand uncle passed away at 95. My great-grandpa was at 92. 

Stan obviously have that, and does live to good times. 

But the reality is, we are not prophets to figure out when!