• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC will open an office in London in April
4 4

128 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, rebelpk said:

All is good, thank you! I'm really happy to hear about your daughter being better!

Still collecting? 

I still collect for myself a bit but don't buy very often for myself. Maybe five comics per year. Am more heavily into comic dealing these days, have over 40,000 in stock. You still collecting yourself?

1 hour ago, Ares said:

Many people do!

That's how our population grows

We've always been friends,  so I'll keep comments about tapping your cousins out of the conversation.

23 hours ago, gaz973 said:

I still collect for myself a bit but don't buy very often for myself. Maybe five comics per year. Am more heavily into comic dealing these days, have over 40,000 in stock. You still collecting yourself?

:whatthe:

21 hours ago, rebelpk said:

I am indeed, but slowed down a bit. Bought a house and we had a little baby. Got some nice grails in my back pocket.

Do you have a website or something I can have a look at?

Indeed! And are there any pence variants in there? :)

On 04/02/2018 at 12:08 PM, rebelpk said:

I am indeed, but slowed down a bit. Bought a house and we had a little baby. Got some nice grails in my back pocket.

Do you have a website or something I can have a look at?

Congrats on the house and baby (not necessarily in that order). ?

I've got a back issue section that I'm just populating at the moment on www.getmycomics.com though I've only got around 1,800 books listed so far. The back issue section is mine but the subscription service on the site doesn't involve me. The site is still having some teething troubles which is why I haven't pushed it so far but hopefully you should be able to browse a bit if you want.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

I've got plenty of pence copies in stock. Only a small amount on the website but have tens of thousands of comics that I haven't listed yet. (thumbsu

25 minutes ago, gaz973 said:
4 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

I've got plenty of pence copies in stock. Only a small amount on the website but have tens of thousands of comics that I haven't listed yet. (thumbsu

Ouch - that website is a clunker - I'm picturing squirrels running on wheels to power it.  And every title that starts with a "T" listed under "T"?  The ASM, The Avengers, The Defenders?  Is this a British convention?

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Ouch - that website is a clunker - I'm picturing squirrels running on wheels to power it.  And every title that starts with a "T" listed under "T"?  The ASM, The Avengers, The Defenders?  Is this a British convention?

Back of the queue lizard brain! :mad:

Spoiler

:grin:

No, the site was just set up for the subscription service by the guys who run it. The back issue section is something that has been added on and the site wasn't originally designed for it. The whole thing with titles starting with "The" appearing under the "T" section is one of the issues that need sorting out.

20 minutes ago, gaz973 said:

No, the site was just set up for the subscription service by the guys who run it. The back issue section is something that has been added on and the site wasn't originally designed for it. The whole thing with titles starting with "The" appearing under the "T" section is one of the issues that need sorting out.

Got it  - best of luck!  That Strange Tales 102 CGC 8.0 looks tasty! :D

52 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Got it  - best of luck!  That Strange Tales 102 CGC 8.0 looks tasty! :D

Thanks. Yeah, the ST is nice. Had to strengthen my resolve not to keep that one myself. :cry:

On 2/4/2018 at 11:12 PM, p41981 said:

I wish CGC would open an office in Canada 

It's pretty obvious why they wouldn't. They visit several Canadian shows and they are not too far for all intensive purposes. It just wouldn't be worthwhile.

Opening an office in London is a brilliant stroke. The population of the UK alone is nearly triple that of Canada and you have many other European countries surrounding.

For all intensive purposes (for all intents and purposes) Skip. For all intents and purposes is the usual form of the phrase meaning in every practical sense. For all intensive purposes is a fairly common eggcorn derived from the original phrase.